Dirt 2.0 Trophy/Achievement issues

(REPOSTED- Realised I'd posted in the wrong area 🙂 )

It is clear that more than one of the trophy/achievements in Dirt 2.0 are glitched and I wanted to make a full post here on the forum in the hope that they may be addressed more quickly as there is rarely a mention from the dev team. So far the following are not working/glitched on PS4 at least (perhaps XOne and PC users could confirm the status on their platform?)

Fire Up That Car... Again- Description: Finish in the top tier of an Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 Daily in Community Events (this one is pretty heartbreaking for those who manage to get top tier in this monster of a car only for no achievement to pop, some may argue it's a pretty stupid achievement anyway as many simply won't be able to get it- I've had one top tier finish so far  with the Audi in a Community Event and this trophy needs fixing and perhaps the conditions changing to make it more achievable- but I guess that's a different conversation) 

UPGRADED- Description: Fully research and apply the maximum engine upgrade to 5 cars (Weirdly this was also claimed to have been fixed in a recent patch but is still not working for many including myself)

Watch the DELTA- Description: Purchase every Group A car (Strange how this seems to work for some and not for others)

Living the Dream- Description: Purchase all five Group B AWD vehicles (Again this has worked for some and not for others- I have all Group B cars and no Trophy)

I fully understand that trophies/achievements are not important to some people and that's cool but for us who do welcome the challenge of going for them please Codemasters, fix them ASAP, particularly the Audi one as that is gut-wrenchingly frustrating. Having achieved the Platinum for Dirt I'd love to be able to do the same for Dirt 2.0 and I'd hate it to be another GRID situation where the Platinum/1000G was unobtainable because of one glitched trophy.

Thanks for listening and hope to hear of updates soon!

• Like 3

I feel your pain regarding the «Fire up that car... Again». Seems like someone at Codemasters wants to annoy their customers with 0,01%-trophies, and do their utmost so that almost none get their well deserved platinum (PS4). I had the same problem with Dirt 4 and the «Up and up trophy» which glitched for me, and by the time Codemasters got the game fixed after several months, online was a ghost town so no platinum for me. 😞

Concerning the «Living the dream» trophy this one popped for me when I bought the Audi Quattro, which I already had because I bought the game with the season packs. I have no need for two Audi Quattros, so after the trophy popped, I sold one of the two. 🙂 

As a rally fan I probably will continue to buy rally games from Codemasters, but BS online trophies like «Fire up that car... Again» and «Up and up» from Dirt 4 makes me not want to invest in other Codemasterswill products... 

• Agree 1

For UPGRADED, pick a car you already have the max upgrade on. 

Buy a lower level upgrade.

Buy the max upgrade again.

The game will track this and count that car towards your 5.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I may have stumbled across a workaround for the Group B Cars trophy, it's not ideal as it will cost you a bit of money but I sold all my Group B cars one by one and bought them again, I had bought and sold 4 when the trophy popped, it was the Lancia which seemed to have not registered. On average I lost about 20,000 per car selling and buying it again.

I too had problems with the Group B one but it finally popped the other night when I bought the Delta. 

The Group A one has also glitched on me but I'm yet to try and get it again.

The Audi Tier 1 trophy.... Finished in Tier 1 on the USA stage in the dark. No trophy.

The only other game I've played that has been so server based was Steep and that had a shed load of glitched trophies which they eventually patched and retrospectively popped.

Hopefully the same happens with this!!

• Like 1

They have a good motive for broken trophies... People are holding the game waiting for a patch and the platinum. I know this because that's the only reason I still own this PoS!

There's like 100 listings on eBay right now, watch that number jump massively as soon as people pop the platinum. Scumbag company for sure. Already discounted heavily after just one month LOL

RIP codefailures 

• Disagree 2

On 3/28/2019 at 7:49 PM, KK78 said:

Watch the DELTA- Description: Purchase every Group A car (Strange how this seems to work for some and not for others)

Living the Dream- Description: Purchase all five Group B AWD vehicles (Again this has worked for some and not for others- I have all Group B cars and no Trophy)ï»ż

You may already have been told, but these two don't count the "free" cars you got with the pre-order, so you need to buy the Group A Impreza and quattro E2 to get them. Once I had done that both trophies unlocked immediately. 

I am yet to get Fire Up That Car... Again, UPGRADED and Adaptable to unlock. I am certain I have fulfilled the criteria for all three, but none have popped yet. 

• Like 1

Adaptable is also stuck at 75% for me. (Xbox One) Strange because 30% of the players are unlocked it, wonder what is wrong at our end.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, KK78 said:

Fire Up That Car... Again- Description: Finish in the top tier of an Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 Daily in Community Events (this one is pretty heartbreaking for those who manage to get top tier in this monster of a car only for no achievement to pop, some may argue it's a pretty stupid achievement anyway as many simply won't be able to get it- I've had one top tier finish so far  with the Audi in a Community Event and this trophy needs fixing and perhaps the conditions changing to make it more achievable- but I guess that's a different conversation) 

UPGRADED- Description: Fully research and apply the maximum engine upgrade to 5 cars (Weirdly this was also claimed to have been fixed in a recent patch but is still not working for many including myself)

for the first one, Christina has been on here to say that it must be in a Audi Quattro community event. these do not exist. so yeah. if it stays Tier 1 I will never ever unlock it

for the second, I noticed that when I was having connection issues (ie my laptop to the router), this didn't unlock for me. might be related to that.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:52 PM, Kjell007 said:

As a rally fan I probably will continue to buy rally games from Codemasters, but BS online trophies like «Fire up that car... Again» and «Up and up» from Dirt 4 makes me not want to invest in other Codemasterswill products... 

wait.... so your main complaint with this game isn't the content, the ffb, the bugs, the online career, etc, but one or two bugged trophies? ....what the hell

10 hours ago, Balazsryche said:

Adaptable is also stuck at 75% for me. (Xbox One) Strange because 30% of the players are unlocked it, wonder what is wrong at our end.

I think you need to unlock this in Free Play, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've unlocked it through that, but haven't done any of the career.

Managed to get the Group A trophy to pop last night by buying the Subaru for the 8th time but its probably the first time I've bought it since the last patch so maybe it was a server thing.

I thought I saw Christina say something like that too. It'll be interesting to see what the Tier 1 level will be like if it is just Quattro only as most of the Group B Dailies are topped by 205s or Deltas from what I've seen and I can be up to a minute off the top but only 30 off the highest Quattro.

9 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Blast from the past.  That one I fixed on the back end and it took a while to propagate.

Achievement Hunters are grateful :classic_happy:

15 hours ago, ianism said:

for the first one, Christina has been on here to say that it must be in a Audi Quattro community event. these do not exist. so yeah. if it stays Tier 1 I will never ever unlock itfor the second, I noticed that when I was having connection issues (ie my laptop to the router), this didn't unlock for me. might be related to that.

Well if that's the case that's even more ridiculous than I 1st thought, it was potentially hard enough when it was in a simple Group B daily challenge, but to be in a specific Audi only challenge which doesn't exist at this point is mindboggling 😏

7 hours ago, KK78 said:

Well if that's the case that's even more ridiculous than I 1st thought, it was potentially hard enough when it was in a simple Group B daily challenge, but to be in a specific Audi only challenge which doesn't exist at this point is mindboggling 😏

ya, they probably had community and AI events for specific vehicles and then changed it to classes but forgot to change the achievement.

So I notice that the Audi top tier finish trophy has crept up to 0.2% achieved on PS4, does that mean it is fixed? Seems a low number still to me

Also, 'Upgraded' is definitely bugged for me, I now have 6 cars with the max engine upgrade but no Trophy?!?!?

Edited by KK78

The Audi Achievement is fixed but there hasn’t been a Group B 4WD Daily since the last update. It’ll come soon though.

I only started spending money on upgrading cars a few days ago (as I understood the trophy had been patched). Now done six cars and the trophy hasn't popped. 

38 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I only started spending money on upgrading cars a few days ago (as I understood the trophy had been patched). Now done six cars and the trophy hasn't popped. 

If you previously had any cars upgraded pre-fix, remove the final ECU upgrade and then add it again for it to count.

25 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

If you previously had any cars upgraded pre-fix, remove the final ECU upgrade and then add it again for it to count.

I had no upgrades on any cars pre-fix. I deliberately didn't do any upgrading until after the patch had been released. 

Hmm...

Sadly unlike on Xbox you don't get in-progress tracking on PS4, so you won't know if the Trophy will unlock until you unlock it.

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Hmm...

Sadly unlike on Xbox you don't get in-progress tracking on PS4, so you won't know if the Trophy will unlock until you unlock it.

Yeah, that's a major irritation with this and the "all conditions" trophy. 

I am not starting again at this point, so I will just carry on and hope it pops or gets fixed soon! 

Forgive the double post, but I just upgraded another car (my seveneth in total) and the trophy just popped! 

Two of the seven cars I have fully upgraded were "free" Deluxe edition cars. I wonder if, like the Group A and Group B trophies, those free starting cars don't count towards the total? 

Anyway, that's good, just the quattro and all conditions trophies to go now! 

• Agree 1

On 4/19/2019 at 11:59 AM, PJTierney said:

The Audi Achievement is fixed but there hasn’t been a Group B 4WD Daily since the last update. It’ll come soon though.

How did it creep up from 0.1% to 0.2% on PS4 if there hasn't been an event yet? Get's more confusing with every update 🙂

1 hour ago, KK78 said:

How did it creep up from 0.1% to 0.2% on PS4 if there hasn't been an event yet? Get's more confusing with every update 🙂

People who hit the requirement before the fix logged in to collect their rewards after the fix.

It triggers on the Rewards screen.

Edited by PJTierney