Sign in to follow this  

Quick end-of-week update

Hello all 🙂

Before signing off and preparing for this weekend's GP Event, I wanted to give you a quick update on what we're reporting, investigating and working on following Patch 4.5 

- Our key focus of the patch was placed on resolving the brake assist issue, as it was the most-reported concern by players following Update 4. We've seen very good progress in this area following the patch, both internally and externally, and reports of this affecting players has heavily decreased. We'll continue to monitor this, but it's a good example of player-reported issues being recorded, addressed and resolved quickly. 

- The latest report to the team covered a few different topics reported by players across all channels. We're taking a closer look at both connectivity quality/consistency and the in-race penalty system, to see if there's any further improvements that can be made on our side. 

- As mentioned in another thread, we're also aware that there's footage doing the rounds of track limits being exceeded on some circuits to gain an advantage. Track limits are in place to ensure fair racing, so any potential exploitation of this system is taken very seriously. The entire team will take a closer look and take action where necessary. 

The team's focus is now turning the next update, which is our biggest and most exciting to date! But within that, there's a continued drive to investigate, fix and resolve as many player-reported topics as possible. As always, all constructive feedback, critical or otherwise, is taken in and looked into, so keep it coming.

Have a good weekend! 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Seriously??? Look at that time. Why should we even bother to play this? The events were the last thing about this game that was fun to play. Now because of the rampant cheating it's impossible to be competitive. I give up. I tried to be patient in dealing with the never ending stream of bugs in this game but the one piece of this game that had value is now broken as well. I'm uninstalling this.

Screenshot_20190330-124822.png

Edited by xdakota80x

There is a bug where Sector 1 time is 0 as described in other threads.

Anytime below 1:17 likely experienced this bug.

10 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

There is a bug where Sector 1 time is 0 as described in other threads.

Anytime below 1:17 likely experienced this bug.

How is 1:17 even possible? The best I can get is 1:26. Is everyone driving outside of the track limits to get that?

4 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

How is 1:17 even possible? The best I can get is 1:26. Is everyone driving outside of the track limits to get that?

I can get a bit below 1:25 without exceeding the track limits, and I think by training more you can get a bit below that. But, 1:17 is something I cannot see happening without exceeding the track limits. I've seen video's of someone doing a 1:18 (https://reddit.app.link/ohUKVA2RqV previously posted by StKnowhere), but even that looks like "cheating" to me.

look like? totally cheating! One thing is break in 50m mark e turn faster not leaving the track. Another one is going waay off track limits without losing speed e cutting corners.

Posted (edited)

The problem is if the game allows, people will take advantage...

Looks like things leveled out some after adding the races.

3B1AEA74-E1C2-41FF-8A81-345744D30E9B.jpeg

22D97CC7-BEBE-4EED-858F-CF69ACFA8DD9.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

4 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

The problem is if the game allows, people will take advantage...

Looks like things leveled out after adding the races. 

3B1AEA74-E1C2-41FF-8A81-345744D30E9B.jpeg

22D97CC7-BEBE-4EED-858F-CF69ACFA8DD9.jpeg

Interestingly KONSTANTIN is the guy who showed the extreme methods of driving the Bahrain track in that video

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, TH61 said:

Interestingly KONSTANTIN is the guy who showed the extreme methods of driving the Bahrain track in that video

He even said in the Reddit post for his video that he wouldn't drive outside the limits for this event. Looks like he broke his promise. I uninstalled this game yesterday. I'll keep monitoring these boards to see how the updates are coming along but I can't see playing this again anytime soon. Shanghai will be exploited in the next event as well. It's not worth it.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:56 PM, xdakota80x said:

Seriously??? Look at that time. Why should we even bother to play this? The events were the last thing about this game that was fun to play. Now because of the rampant cheating it's impossible to be competitive. I give up. I tried to be patient in dealing with the never ending stream of bugs in this game but the one piece of this game that had value is now broken as well. I'm uninstalling this.

Screenshot_20190330-124822.png

Hello - these top unattainable times were assessed by our team and did not play a part in the final leaderboard standings. 

We're still assessing it but it does appear right now that a Sector 1 time not being recorded was the cause of these top times. We'll keep investigating and make improvements wherever possible 🙂

• Thanks 1