33% pricedrop??

Ok, although i love the game i feel a little betrayed now... i paid 85 euros for deluxe version.. digital deluxe version goes for 60.29 euros from today... i really would have waited if i knew it was going in the budget corner that fast.. normal version went from 70 to 45 euros.. 

i mean thats a little fast isnt it? this is somekind of a ripoff imho

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

so normal is still 49,99 € for me, just as before (never was 70) and the deluxe on steam atleast, has no discount for me and is 67,99 for me, just as before. i dont know where you are getting your numbers from ?

48 minutes ago, paint21 said:

so normal is still 49,99 € for me, just as before (never was 70) and the deluxe on steam atleast, has no discount for me and is 67,99 for me, just as before. i dont know where you are getting your numbers from ?

PSN is discounted and most likely Xbox Live as well. 

Edited by FLAW3D

Man, if a company placing their game on sale soon after release bothers you, you probably should never buy games until they go on sale then. Dirt 2.0 sold poorly, largely due to the massive review bombing it unjustly received. It's not surprising that they have placed it on sale by now. Lot's of games do this following poor sales. I don't mind, I am happy to support my favorite devs. Am happy it's on sale too, gives others who have been holding out due to the crazy reviews a chance to try it for themselves. It's a win - win. I don't see an issue. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 4

4 hours ago, ZeroAffex said:

Man, if a company placing their game on sale soon after release bothers you, you probably should never buy games until they go on sale then. Dirt 2.0 sold poorly, largely due to the massive review bombing it unjustly received. It's not surprising that they have placed it on sale by now. Lot's of games do this following poor sales. I don't mind, I am happy to support my favorite devs. Am happy it's on sale too, gives others who have been holding out due to the crazy reviews a chance to try it for themselves. It's a win - win. I don't see an issue. 

Let’s not get crazy here. While I agree it is a very good game (potentially), there is no denying the game has had numerous issues that should have been sorted out pre-release. Anyone denying this, it just lying to themselves. Go check the bug/issues thread after the patch last week - we are at 15 pages now...to me, that is very telltale. After DR1 there is no reason why the release of DR2 should have suffered from so many issues, and Codies has released enough racing titles that if they didn’t see the problems, than the issues are bigger than they may seem.

Price on Xbox is down to $38 CAD. I paid $70 CAD a month ago. What a rip. 

Bring on WRC8.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Wow, it must have been a total sales disaster. I noticed review count on the Steam store page has barely moved over the past couple of weeks as well. Let's hope CM is not going to pull another Dirt 4 and go "well, this was a flop, let's move on to the next thing."

• Agree 1

Well I guess it's great that the console players get the same price as the DVD PC players. Codies' DVD versions are so cheap. Buying F1 2018 as a physical DVD copy cost me less than 50e on the launch week, while the console versions cost both 69,99e.

It's disgraceful. I was lucky I got a refund on the digital deluxe after the patch didn't solve anything. The game so bad wouldn't play it if it was free to play. Dr1 still the king of rallies.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 7

3 minutes ago, tvvang said:

It's disgraceful. I was lucky I got a refund on the digital deluxe after the patch didn't solve anything. The game so bad wouldn't play it if it was free to play. Dr1 still the king of rallies.

C'mon mate give them 6 months 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, FLAW3D said:

C'mon mate give them 6 months 

Agree, but like I said in my other post, gamers in this day and age are unfortunately - impatient! They will fix the issues surely, but they best do it lickety split - the numbers don’t lie and sales are tanking. 😐

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Buckwilder said:

Agree, but like I said in my other post, gamers in this day and age are unfortunately - impatient! They will fix the issues surely, but they best do it lickety split - the numbers don’t lie and sales are tanking. 😐

Nothing to do with patience I'd of waited another year for this game if that's what it took to make it work on day 1. Instead I'll patiently wait and hope the game gets patched and the community are happy with the results.codemasters impatience to release a game which was not ready has cost them a lot more than my 75 quid,they have gone from rally royalty to just another rip off.

• Agree 2

I can totally understand a pricedrop due to poor sales, but i would have expected it to be like 10%/15% max at this point. A developer should know what they are working with, racing games or sims as u like, are a niche. every rally game therefore is a niche within a niche.. next to that just like DR1, DR 2.0 also is unforgiving and has quite a steep learning curve (especially when its your 1st rally game). in comparison F1 is a niche as well but has a lot bigger fanbase and is a lot easier to learn.  So codemasters should know sales numbers wont be F1-like or even on par with Dirt series. You cant blame reviewers for this, especially not if they all have the same opinion about your game. you can actually blame flaws and bugs for it. But this again is to a developers end to counter.  Also refurbished tracks as DLC isnt a very strong point for this game.

Well good for the new users then!

I'm very happy with the game. Okay ffb is not perfect but with some adjustments it feels better (Dirt Rally is better though). For me the main issue of this game is the broken AI, with stage times that are totally inhuman unless you memorize 100% of the stage and drive like a crazy man... something that is just unrealistic, because this is rally, no a circuit racing game where you know every centimetre of a stage. I’m talking of Elite level in career mode.. I’m stuck in there with the Fabia WRC. It's something that should have a fix soon, because it's not normal.