Sign in to follow this  

Only for thrusmaster t300 owners

I just stepped up from a t150 to a t300 that i’m gonna get on monday, can anyone help me about force feedback settings? (Especially about torque)

Posted (edited)

Just dial in the SAT how strong you want it then I would suggest having tyre friction around the same point, or a bit lower. Wheel friction 0, Suspension 100, Collision is preference, I have it at 0 atm. Center force is preference too, doesn't do anything while driving, just at the start and after resetting the car. 

Soft lock is a whole other kettle of ball game that I won't get into because I just use the same rotation for all cars.

Edited by Cortextual

8 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

Just dial in the SAT how strong you want it then I would suggest having tyre friction around the same point, or a bit lower. Wheel friction 0, Suspension 100, Collision is preference, I have it at 0 atm. Center force is preference too, doesn't do anything while driving, just at the start and after resetting the car. 

Soft lock is a whole other kettle of ball game that I won't get into because I just use the same rotation for all cars.

Thanks, You gave me the same settings i’ve been using with my t150: 

wheel friction 0

no center force

no soft lock 

collision 0

i don’t know about suspensions, 100 look too much

about torque i’d like to know how you set it, i’ve been using 30-40% with t150 because with old car i only drive with one hand so I don’t wanna have hard ff, but also I don’t wanna lose its effects.. so what you advise me?

Posted (edited)

I'm using around 30 atm but mainly because I have issues with my wrists. That's with overall force in the driver at 75% and the rest of the sliders there at 100. If I think I'm not getting enough feeling I will end up increasing it. It varies a bit depending on surface and car too. As long as you can feel whats happening you're all good. Suspension slider really isn't giving a huge amount of anything until you hit a cattle grid so I have it turned up kinda high.

Edited by Cortextual

1 minute ago, Cortextual said:

I'm using around 30 atm but mainly because I have issues with my wrists. That's with overall force in the driver at 75% and the rest of the sliders there at 100. If I think I'm not getting enough feeling when I will end up increasing it. It varies a bit depending on surface and car too. As long as you can feel whats happening you're all good. Suspension slider really isn't giving a huge amount of anything until you hit a cattle grid so I have it turned up kinda high.

Exactly!! The cattle grid is awful that’s why I thought to set suspensions at 50%. So your torque is 30%? I thought people would set it 70-80%!! I tried and even though i’m a bodybuilder i ended up with my arms tired

Lol, yea the cattle grids are brutal but everything other than those feels too weak. I imagine some people set the torque higher and I would if I was drifting in AC or something, where you want to be able to let go and have the wheel spin fast but I don't feel I need that in DR, I'm never going to let the wheel spin through my hands in this game and it's definitely tiring af. I want the least amount of effort while still getting enough feeling.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

To me the default settings are exactly where they should be. The ffb ground 'effects' or whatever are still missing. I'm pretty confident when they're resolved you guys end up dialing back the ffb. The torque on default settings gives the exact amount of information I need from it.

Edited by chukonu

1 hour ago, Cortextual said:

Lol, yea the cattle grids are brutal but everything other than those feels too weak. I imagine some people set the torque higher and I would if I was drifting in AC or something, where you want to be able to let go and have the wheel spin fast but I don't feel I need that in DR, I'm never going to let the wheel spin through my hands in this game and it's definitely tiring af. I want the least amount of effort while still getting enough feeling.

Absolutely agree buddy, i love AC, i’m not a drifter but i keep the torque around 30% because i’m not a fan of “fighting with the wheel”, but in AC the most of people keep the torque around 30%, in DR2 i saw people tend to stay high, not less of 60%, so I wanted to make a poll among t300 users, because i tend to keep 30% in DR2 too, like i do in AC, i just wanna make sure i’m not missing something 

I spent ffb in the DRII lot of time and tried a few tutorials here and elsewhere. Neither one worked as I needed.

So I after a lot of testing on different surfaces created my own settings.

Try you will be satisfied. The forbidden effects to the image don't work at all for my new T300.

ffb3.jpg

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, PetSild said:

I spent ffb in the DRII lot of time and tried a few tutorials here and elsewhere. Neither one worked as I needed.

So I after a lot of testing on different surfaces created my own settings.

Try you will be satisfied. The forbidden effects to the image don't work at all for my new T300.

ffb3.jpg

Tnx buddy, i’m gonna give it a try

Ant set Spring and Damper to 0 in Thrustmaster  control panel.

• Disagree 1

53 minutes ago, virgism said:

I’m on ps4 i have no control panel

15 hours ago, heath82 said:

I just stepped up from a t150 to a t300 that i’m gonna get on monday, can anyone help me about force feedback settings? (Especially about torque)

Set degrees of rotation to 540. Remove soft lock. Then ffb is personal.

I go for 

SAT = 70

WF = 5

TF = 100

Suspension = 150

Centering and all that doesn't really matter as it's just for track reset. I have it at default

1 hour ago, heath82 said:

Don't worry about it, the setting has no effect.

The only thing that amplifies all of the functional ffb effects is the Self Aligning torque, this is all wrong.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PetSild said:

The only thing that amplifies all of the functional ffb effects is the Self Aligning torque, this is all wrong.

In fact in ac you just need to set the torque and set everything else to 0. Because all other stuffs are just effects to amplify even more the work that the torque should do, but it’s clear that the torque in DR2 doesn’t work

On 3/30/2019 at 10:36 AM, virgism said:

Hey guys, i wanted to share with y’ll my experience with my new t300 gt edition. i was used to my little t150, where wheel friction was very invasive that i couldn’t countersteer. Now i was testing my new t300, i tried to set SAT at 40 and wheel friction ar 0, then i tried SAT ar 30 and wheel friction at 100 (default), i gotta admit that i liked the second one.. it looked so weird for me because I always thought that wheel friction was an unrealistic effect, at least about the feeling i had with my t150, but with t300 everything looks different, the weight of the wheel looks so realistic since it’s a rally game, i got surprised and i wanted to share that.