Same method to use custom liveries for DLC cars

On 9/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, mesa said:

Sorry @PJTierney But that's not true.
Let's take a look at Focus 2001. The car was part of previous Dirt games and people already made some really nice liveries for that car... For example here's mine:

We don't need to decrypt Dirt Rally 2.0 .NEFS file, cause We can make our .DDS graphics files and load them into a compressed .PSSG file as we used to ...
So you don't need to change anything, just let the game pick up our previously made .PSSG files from "fow" folder.
Same for the C4, Manta etc. Please!

praying-hands.jpg?fit=800,450&ssl=1

@PJTierney @ChristinaMc

Already an answer to this ....
Can we still hope?

• Agree 1

No point tagging Christina, she works at Rare now.

Also, I wouldn’t expect custom liveries to ever be a possibility for DLC cars in this title. If that changes, I’ll let you all know.

• Sad 1

On 3/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, PJTierney said:

No point tagging Christina, she works at Rare now.

Also, I wouldn’t expect custom liveries to ever be a possibility for DLC cars in this title. If that changes, I’ll let you all know.

CM should change their policy before people start to play with NEFS and let them use .PSSG by the same way as they used to instead.

• Agree 1

I'm just doing my job. May someone's got interested in

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just like @mesa, I've parked a few cars aside which are ready and awaiting the day they can be released onto the stages.
Come on, @PJTierney, do us a solid and push a bit to make this a reality. Look at how incredibly gorgeous they are! 😮 

92935874_318150422490466_65518016703496192_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=kMeYUqGTV-gAX92zR6n&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=50bd10a20caacffcb33ff190a4b799ea&oe=5EB9454292867744_212166300073332_6009019560500396032_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=pbJPdTg_7osAX8pqBIp&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=4dac65bf44610e4bc6be9c27e83438a3&oe=5EB7CC4D92811006_232135821227971_8083657659762343936_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=81zECU-sR8cAX9wRmzT&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=d01596de80925f70e3c5033cb3d79794&oe=5EBAD88C

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant

I will keep posting images of the beautiful liveries I make for the DLC cars. I love those cars so much and the livery design possibilities are almost endless...
Here's a nice composition of the four Peugeot 206 WRC's I've created in the past couple of days.
93419688_757769648084746_6804111637277048832_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=257uDlBfhNwAX_8Nhg2&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=c4f5a291631786a0cd2e6201606f380a&oe=5EB99884

How would you propose offering a way to make liveries editable without unlocking non-paid access to the entire car?

I can't guarantee anything will happen, but at the very least I can ask.

Bear in mind development available for DiRT Rally 2.0 is very limited and is nearing the point of "essential updates only" (if it hasn't passed that point already).

On 4/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, PJTierney said:

How would you propose offering a way to make liveries editable without unlocking non-paid access to the entire car?

Bear in mind development available for DiRT Rally 2.0 is very limited and is nearing the point of "essential updates only" (if it hasn't passed that point already).

@mesa and @RallyGamer, you guys have a better knowledge of what needs to be done.
Could you help @PJTierney out with this, pretty please? 😄 

Bear in mind the answer will still probably be no as development resources have shifted away from the title, but at least I could ask something more specific than "unlock for modders plz".

Side-note, has anyone tried the Oculus version? DLC entitlements work differently there but I don't know if custom liveries do too.

Posted (edited)

Codies please, i think this would inject some life again in the game, specially for those 2000cc cars with no official liveries. @mesa and @RallyGamer if you can please explain PJTierney how you think they could do it.

Edited by dirthotpursuit

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, PJTierney said:

Hello @PJTierney,

Maybe this is a solution.

As you know we have now a tool so we can decrypt all dlc .nefs files so they are no longer protected. We were already able to decrypt the 'standard' .nefs files that came with the game. Codemasters actually gave us an option a while back so we could use custom made liveries for the non-dlc cars by adding an extra folder to the cars map in which we can put our custom made liveries. 

What if you do the same for the dlc .nefs files, in that case we can also use custom made liveries for those cars. If you also add a file checker, to lets say dirtrally2.exe, that when you edit a dlc or non dlc .nefs file your game will crash ( i think you can check the bit size of the files to see if somebody fiddled around with it). In that way you keep all your .nefs files save against pirating. For example if i change certain files in the non dlc .nefs files you are not happy with it and you let the game crash. So you already have a certain check system in place to do that. I think you now have the system in place to prevent cheating in the game so for example we cannot change engine settings and create a setting in which a certain car can go faster edited then the original one. This same system can also protect illegally use of edited dlc and non-dlc .nefs files if i am not mistaken. This system can then work together with the system that checks if you actually bought the dlc, i noticed that i actually have all the dlc in the game folder although i did not buy it. You only give me access to certain dlc files when i buy it but i do not have to download it at that very moment because it is already there,  i just can't access it in the game.

I also noticed that we can import DiRT4 3D models at the moment so if you apply the system i just mentioned you can actually prevent that also, your game will be actually more protected :-).

You were also able to change some banners (the covid-19 banners) on some tracks to keep us home, so a few code lines should do the trick i think to add custom made liveries. 

Let us have this joy, we are home 24/7 due to the corona virus and we really would like to show off our liveries in this outstanding rally game and you might sell a few extra games because of it.

Edited by RallyGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@RallyGamer and @mesa, it looks like we're not getting the DLC cars decrypted for our liveries. 😞 

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:
5 hours ago, vincefurtif said:

I just have a question about dirt rally 2.0, is it that on pc we will one day be able to add mods of livery on cars in dlc?

This isn't going to happen, sorry.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

On 5/4/2020 at 4:18 PM, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

@RallyGamer and @mesa, it looks like we're not getting the DLC cars decrypted for our liveries. 😞 

yeah, didn't thought they would do it. Will look into it and see if i can release the custom dlc liveries in an other way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2