Sign in to follow this  

DR2 tracks to DR1

I would pay for that, gaming with working FFB and sharp graphics would be very nice to do at Australia, New Zealand and Poland.

Now they do opposite, playing DR1 tracks with very lame FFB, unsharp graphics (PS4) and lot´s of other problems which were right with DiRT Rally 1.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

DR1 didn't even have FFB when it was released. All it gave the drivers was resistance in the wheel - which was fixed in a later patch. I can imagine the same thing will happen to this title. DR2 kicks DR1's butt in every single aspect anyway. You need to take off your rosetinted glasses.

Edited by Porkhammer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So what?
Why DR2 have to do same history than DR1.

Doing it same way is just...well you can pick adjective for that 🙄

My point is DR wasn't perfect when it was released. And then it was made even worse with the V2 physics update. And people still treat it like it was crapped out by God himself and proceeds to worship it. Well, it's **** alright. DR2 does everything better, simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought DR1 when it was patched so I don´t know history of that, but what comes to FFB it´s way too better than with DR2 and you say DR2 do everything better.
I don´t agree, there is lots of things which are right with DR1 and wrong with DR2.
If gamehouse would be different that would be easier to understand.
And those are not just subjective things.

But, this is suggestion box and I suggested to get those awesome stages to DR1 which I think is better than DR2, at least at the moment.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Fine, it currently does one thing better than DR2, and that is the FFB. Which wasn't even there from the beginning, and will be fixed with a patch for DR2 anyway.

And sorry, but they will not add anything to DR1 at this point. You'd have to ask a modder or something to help you. Codemasters are done with DR1.

Edited by Porkhammer

Seems you have not read this forum. 
How about unsharp graphics with consoles except Xbox One X.
How about pitch-dark shadows which you can´t light with car headlights, like you close your eyes when drive car?
Option you can get automatic sequental or H-shifter depends of car?
Camera shake slider with consoles do not work, Argentina cause motion sickness for many.

At bug list there is lots more, but those are things which should correct to get this game better than DR1.

Maby with DR3 there is also same path, non working FFB and so on... 🙄

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Seems you do not understand how a rally sim should work. Complaining about tiny things that will most likely be fixed in future patches for the sole purpose of clinging onto a mediocre predecessor, I simply cannot see the point of. Why not focus on the actual problems, like the tarmac handling? I'd personally like to see them fixed before anything else.

EDIT: Meh, whatever. Sorry for derailing your topic, but like I said... they won't add anything to DR1. They are done with it. I just think this suggestion is pointless because nothing will come of it.

Edited by Porkhammer

2 hours ago, Porkhammer said:

DR1 didn't even have FFB when it was released. All it gave the drivers was resistance in the wheel - which was fixed in a later patch. I can imagine the same thing will happen to this title. DR2 kicks DR1's butt in every single aspect anyway. You need to take off your rosetinted glasses.

May you remember to Dirt 4... 😄

Dirt Rally has got FFB effect from Day One, just the values were modified later.

Dirt Rally 2.0 released without FFB effects is another facepalm after Dirt 4 "Your stage"

+1
Pacenotes are hundred-times better in Dirt Rally, than in Dirt Rally 2.0 which has now a useless, funny 'cabaret' only.

11 hours ago, mesa said:

😄

Dirt Rally 2.0 released without FFB effects is another facepalm after Dirt 4 "Your stage"

your stage was a first attempt at a system which could be amazing for rally games: never being able to memorize a stage. sure, it got repetitive after a bit.

but if it's done better it could be far more interesting and challenging than having to run the same courses over and over again like in every other rally game. procedural generation should be the future of the genre, unless someone figures out how to include many, many more stages into a game without increasing costs.

don't confuse a badly-executed first attempt at a great idea with a bad idea.

• Agree 3

On 3/30/2019 at 11:12 PM, ianism said:

...unless someone figures out how to include many, many more stages into a game without increasing costs...

open it for modding
E Z

Nice idea! +1
I was thinking about something like this too. I'll copy my post from another topic:

One console generation = One graphics engine.

dirt rally 1.0 + new physics + new stages + new cars + improved career mode + racenet = epic win (no changes in graphics/lighting etc)

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2019 at 8:12 AM, SimFunny said:

I would pay for that, gaming with working FFB and sharp graphics would be very nice to do at Australia, New Zealand and Poland.

Now they do opposite, playing DR1 tracks with very lame FFB, unsharp graphics (PS4) and lot´s of other problems which were right with DiRT Rally 1.

Eeeh, i rather see they sharp up the graphics in dirt 2.0 by turning off: Post Processing, Motion blurr, Depth Field. 

The physics in Dirt 1 suck in comparison with 2.0. 

Edited by ImTheOx11