13 hours ago, EvilCee said:

This is 2Technical's reply when asked this on his YouTube page.

"A lower final drive aims towards better acceleration. Where as a higher final drive aims towards top speed. Seen as rally cars very rarely achieve top speed I focus my setups heavily towards acceleration only increasing the final drive as and when I start redlining in top gear."

I used to be lazy and just increase the final drive all the time but since using 2Technical's gearing I can really feel the engine pulling now. There's so much more torque.

Hope that helps

Thank you EvilCee. Recently I’ve been moving the final drive very close to the minimum and could really see the difference in acceleration. I’m not even sure why it’s in the middle by default. But what I really wanted to know is what’s behind 2Tech’s adjustments from gear 1 to 5 (or even 6). From his video, although he almost always set the final drive to minimum, he adjusts the other gears to fit the locale. I was wondering if he deploys some kind of math behind his gear-level adjustments. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you! I like to find tunes that others have done than tweak them to work with the way I drive (pull a trigger on the controller, my reaction time, my body movements that I don't know I'm doing, etc.)  I have A.D.D. so after a while, specially on those 5-10+ mins tracks, it gets difficult and I have the repair bills to prove it haha.

Also, to anyone who gets upset with these tunes, when you are driving with them, the OP isn't driving. You are. A lot of things need to be taken into consideration. Such as, reaction times, nervous movements (when your drifting around a corner and your rear tire taps a rock. It's how you react to that.) and so much more. Specially, how is the controller setup? Get that setup before you criticize others tunes.

Edited by eightydee
  • Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to share these set ups. They make the cars much more drivable then the defaults. 

Hello,

Have you ever tried to tune up Opel Adam? I have made few working setups, but it would be nice to see yours

On 7/23/2019 at 12:29 PM, danielofifi said:

Yeah, in reality I'm pretty sure the DR2 explanation is the correct one. Negative toe (toe out- wheels pointing away from each other) improves cornering and responsiveness, positive (toe in- wheels pointing to each other) improves straight line stability.

My explanation would be

Toe-out angle on the front accelerates the reaction, but creates a counter-steering effect as soon as the weight acts on the outer wheel of the curve. Perhaps interesting with rear-wheel drive.

Toe-in on the front reduces the reaction, but creates a steering effect as soon as the weight acts on the outside wheel. Perhaps interesting for front-wheel drive vehicles.

During high-speed stages and on asphalt, both variants can cause inaccurate steering.

• Like 1

2Technical, thank you so much for those setups! I have recently bought the game and realized that there was no Steam Workshop for DR2 (how silly!). Your tuning videos are the best in this situation.

I am using Xbox One Controller and so far your tuning is FANTASTIC and I am having lots of fun with it! :classic_smile: Again, thank you!

Please, forgive me if it was already asked but are you planning to add setups for other seasonal locations like Greece, Finland and the future ones?

Edited by Bhaya108
  • Like 1

I dont get it. Wouldn't it be easier for everybody to have a place where you can download/upload the setups ? 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:30 PM, Bhaya108 said:

Please, forgive me if it was already asked but are you planning to add setups for other seasonal locations like Greece, Finland and the future ones?

future ones? nobody outside Codemasters knows if there are future ones haha