Posted (edited)

This is a link to my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/c/GTRTechnical I will be sharing all the setups I create on DiRT Rally 2.0. So if you cant be bothered or just don't know how to tune then this channel will eventually be a one stop shop for you.

Every week I will be holding a poll in the community section of my YouTube channel to choose the next car. Saturday - Monday you will pick the class, Tuesday -Friday you will pick the car, so be sure to get your votes in.

The plan is to tune every car in the game for every location, so if the car you want isn't in my channel it will be by the time I'm done.

If you like the setups obviously please show your appreciation with a like just so I know I'm still on the right track with the setups.

If you want to keep up to date with the latest setups I've done, either subscribe to my YouTube channel and/or follow me on Twitter.

Good luck on the stages!

SHOWNDOWN | Split screen chase cam action, pitching my tunes against each other.

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT | Shows Live, wheel, chase, Heli and track side camera angles revealing how I get the stage times out of the tunes I create.

Edited by 2Technical
Ford Fiesta R5 V2 SETUPS added
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 16
  • Agree 1

Some people have commented saying there using a controller and they love the way they handle. Personally though, all I can tell you is that on a wheel I'm getting top 10 stage times in time trial with these setups.

Have used the Lancia Fulvia set ups and they are fantastic, thank you so much.

Now if you could only do something to compensate for my lack of talent you'd be onto a winner lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you! I can confirm they work perfectly with the controller and , for my personal style of driving, I can defently see an improvment in car manuvrability

As a noob that has absolutley no idea about tunning, these setups are exactly what I was looking for

Please keep up the good work. Subsribed

• Thanks 1

Continue tp be baffled by the lack of Steam workshop for this game 😕

• Agree 2

This notion of "a setup capable of a top 10 time" is highly misleading and if I were you I would get rid of it. A good setup will never substitute good driving and I'm pretty sure there are players who would be capable of setting a top 10 time with the default setup. It's not alright to get peoples' hopes up in this manner. Other than that I think your channel could be of great service to the community, once you have setups for all of the cars in there.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pistro said:

This notion of "a setup capable of a top 10 time" is highly misleading and if I were you I would get rid of it. A good setup will never substitute good driving and I'm pretty sure there are players who would be capable of setting a top 10 time with the default setup. It's not alright to get peoples' hopes up in this manner. Other than that I think your channel could be of great service to the community, once you have setups for all of the cars in there.

You are 100% right there are players out there that could get a top 10 time with a default setup, I'm one of them and I know a good few of them to boot. I should point out I never said its a guaranteed top 10 time, just capable of a top 10 time. obviously I cant magic talent into a player but I can make a car more stable to help them enjoy the game more which is the sole purpose of me doing this. Mentioning that my setup are capable of a top 10 time is purely to stand out against the rest as otherwise its just another setup for people to skim over. I'm not trying to mislead as my setups are capable of a top 10 time if the player knows how to get through the stages. If they cant they will really enjoy the next series of videos once I've finished tuning the cars.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Thanks a lot for these tunes 2Technical 👍👍

I'm just a casual Dirt driver, and never bothered to tune any of the cars.
Yesterday I got some time to play with some of your Skoda Fabia and Subaru WRX STI tunes, and must say that they really worked well for me.

I'm not skilled to manage a top 10, but your tunes really added to the enjoyment of my limited time with the game.
With the wife out of the house for the evening I think I'll try some more tonight :classic_tongue:

• Thanks 1

Good effort on these setups keep them coming using controller on the ps4 with a few minor adjustments they Are working great for me great work @2technical 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for these! Will be trying the 205 gti settings later as I seem to be struggeling to save time on a TT im doing at the minute

Hi there, i have no experience in tuning rally cars, and it's frustrating not to know what to tweak on the car when the handling is bad. I use the g920 racing wheel, and this awesome setup site is what i been looking for. Great work done, the cars handles just perfect, frustration is gone, now i can consentrate on driving without expensive damage to the car. The difference between default setup and this is huge, default dident work for me on wheel. So keep on posting, and a big thanks to you making the game so great to play!!

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2019 at 3:03 AM, Peltz said:

Hi there, i have no experience in tuning rally cars, and it's frustrating not to know what to tweak on the car when the handling is bad. I use the g920 racing wheel, and this awesome setup site is what i been looking for. Great work done, the cars handles just perfect, frustration is gone, now i can consentrate on driving without expensive damage to the car. The difference between default setup and this is huge, default dident work for me on wheel. So keep on posting, and a big thanks to you making the game so great to play!!

Thank you Peltz, Extremely glad I could help you. Setups will continue until all cars are complete.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your setups and that I hope you continue making videos like this. There is so little information out there for this stuff and it's great to find someone like yourself who's willing to take the time to make these for us to use. I've only recently started tuning for DiRT Rally 2.0 and haven't taken a game serious in that regards since Gran Turismo 5 lol I am using an xbox controller on PC though which hinders me greatly and I am poor so will not likely be able to afford a wheel setup anytime soon. Applying your Peugeot R5 208 T16 setup for Catamarca is hit and miss for me, think the ride height is too much with using a controller but it could be that I am really bad at this event lol Anyways, I was just thrilled to find someone who made setups for my ride (Peugeot R5) that I can take and tinker with. Very little out there in general for setups and much less for that vehicle. Keep it up though, this is amazing stuff! Thanks again bud. Cheers!

-ZA

EDIT: I'd like to add a request that if you had the time/wanted to, would be nice to go over RX, specifically the Super RX cars. I'm struggling quite a bit the in RX Pro series and still have elites to go 😞 haha so yea, just thought i'd add this. See you!

Edited by ZeroAffex

I find some things in your setups quite interesting. For example, for Argentina in Skoda R5 you make both fast bump and springs firm, while having slow bump set to soft. I always thought a bumpy and rough terrain like this requires an overall soft suspension. Could someone explain it for me?

Posted (edited)

Can´t understand that there is so much what you can tweak, but not any kind of explanation what it actually do, like we all should be mechanical engineers 🙄
Games like Project Cars 2 offer at least somekind of explanation at screen what each setup affect.

How about Codemasters, could you do manual for game where you can also find instructions how to make setups for cars?!
That could be downloadable .pdf document.

In the old times you got also manual when bought game...

2Technical, thanks a lot for your setup sharings 👌
Tried made those myself partly guessing, trial and error but didn´t managed to get such like yours.
At familiar stage and car I got 10 secods better time when copied your settings.

Edited by SimFunny
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, danielofifi said:

I find some things in your setups quite interesting. For example, for Argentina in Skoda R5 you make both fast bump and springs firm, while having slow bump set to soft. I always thought a bumpy and rough terrain like this requires an overall soft suspension. Could someone explain it for me?

It's to prevent the suspenion from hitting bump stops on big bumps and jump landings. You can tell when it happens by a loud crash sound and short, sudden loss of control. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Mate using an X360 controller on PC and loving these tunes.

Any chance we can get some Group A and Group B setups? Namely Integrale and Peugot?

• Thanks 1

Personally I'm looking for good setups for Evo VI. Love the car, but the understeer, especially on corner exit, is killing me. Any ideas? 

Also, those snow and ice patches on Monte. I do fine on smooth asphalt, but I lose lots of time as soon as the ice patches start. No idea how to tackle this setup-wise. Softer anti-roll bars? Open diffs?

15 hours ago, Suteki83 said:

Mate using an X360 controller on PC and loving these tunes.

Any chance we can get some Group A and Group B setups? Namely Integrale and Peugot?

Will get to the group A cars in 2-3 weeks with any luck. My apologises that I can't get them done any quicker than that as I have work commitments that take priority.

10 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Personally I'm looking for good setups for Evo VI. Love the car, but the understeer, especially on corner exit, is killing me. Any ideas? 

Also, those snow and ice patches on Monte. I do fine on smooth asphalt, but I lose lots of time as soon as the ice patches start. No idea how to tackle this setup-wise. Softer anti-roll bars? Open diffs?

I'm finding locking the diffs up helps coupled with less camber. You'll need maximum traction when your on the ice patches/snow

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2019 at 6:44 AM, danielofifi said:

Soft bump controls how firm the setup is over soft gradual bumps. Fast bump controls how firm the setup is on sharp bumps or landing from jumps. So a firm Fast bump will stop the suspension from compressing to much and hitting the bump stops or bottoming out when I gets extremely bumpy. So if a sharp bump is larger than the cars ride height you'll need a firm fast bump to stop the car bottoming out and causing unnecessary damage. As we all know any car that's hitting the bump stops or hitting the deck becomes skittish and difficult to control. I obviously ran soft fast bumps whilst I was figuring out what works best for me and I was just greeted with horrible crunchie sounds and sloppy cornering response.

Edited by 2Technical
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2Technical said:

I'm finding locking the diffs up helps coupled with less camber. You'll need maximum traction when your on the ice patches/snow

Sorry if this question seems stupid, I'm a beginner when it comes to setups, but I don't understand the logic behind this. If locking the diffs forces the wheels to rotate at similar speeds, shouldn't this result in lower traction?

17 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Sorry if this question seems stupid, I'm a beginner when it comes to setups, but I don't understand the logic behind this. If locking the diffs forces the wheels to rotate at similar speeds, shouldn't this result in lower traction?

Sorry, when I say "locking the diffs" I mean a high % not fully locking them. You'll struggle to get around the corners if you do. Also because if the slider bar values you can never 100% lock the diffs. I think for most cars its 30-50% maximum lock. For my driving style I prefer the to keep the car as straight as possible because if your going sideways and/or counter steering your not going forward. The high diff setting (mainly the preload) just help keep the straight really. I've linked in some videos, In the first video I'm running high lock settings on the diff and the second video will show you the settings I used to get the time.

• Thanks 1