Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, 2Technical said:

hi, yes I have planned in the DLC locations for the car I done prior to them. Will be picking them up after Germany drops starting with the 2000cc and R5 cars. Yeah, my setups are obviously setup for my driving style using a wheel. So using a pad and having a different driving style will most likely incur some modification but im glad they have still help even if it is just a starting platform.

hello

i'm usually  doing the setups myself, but can i ask you for a generic good  gravel setup for the integrale?  to go really  fast and without too much understeer?

 

it's the only car i struggle to find the sweetspot

 

thank you for your work 😉

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

hello

i'm usually  doing the setups myself, but can i ask you for a generic good  gravel setup for the integrale?  to go really  fast and without too much understeer?

 

it's the only car i struggle to find the sweetspot

 

thank you for your work 😉

just dropped my Lancia Delta setups 12pm today. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I was wondering when you plan to do the evo x, I normally tune it myself but I'm struggling with Monte atm, all your other tunes are spot on so I'm excited to see what you can do with that car.

Thanks once again for your work!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really struggling with Sweden, can't seem to find a good setup for my drivetrain/suspsension. Just was wondering if you had a spare few moments @2Technical if you could give me some pointers on tuning my Peugeot 208 T16 for Sweden or maybe a screenshot of what you have for your car (if applicable). Anyone else down to help me feel free. I am in the first leg of my rally here in the "elite" category or w/e it is, AI is stomping me out having finished 23rd on Lysvik. It's weird, I like the stage, I feel fast but my times are awful. I've not tuned my car for the snow/ice before and am quite inexperienced in these conditions. Any help would be appreicated for sure! Thanks and hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be watching WRC in Chile and Formula 1 in Spain, so you know I will be! lol Cheers!

 

-ZA

 

UPDATE: I should be OK for right now. I decided to slap on my Argentina setup for Sweden and it actually worked out pretty darn good. I had to make some minor tweaks but I've improved my times and am back at the top spot. It's by no means perfect but it's doing the job! You can safely ignore my request for screenshots @2Technical, I am set until you update your vids here later! If anyone wants to post their setups or w/e, I'll still take them, just no need to go out of your way for me. Thanks! 

 

Edited by ZeroAffex
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I really had problems with the BMW M3 but with the right setup, this is a great car

imho e30  is one of the most fun rwd car in game.    99% my choice  of H3

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2Technical i love your setup , with your setting I take pleasure in driving and feel even better sensations. Could I solicit your help to set the GT4 camaro, my little experience can't solve the problem of cornering, either I can solve the problem at low speed or at large but never both at the same time. thanks you for releasing your setup. Sorry for my english i'm french young player

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, danielofifi said:

Can't get a decent setup for Porsche R-GT on tarmac. It just slides all over the place and I really struggled in this week's weekly event. Any ideas?

I assume you mean on corner exit? Any of those will help: increase toe-in at the rear/reduce camber at the rear/increase driving lock/decrease spring stiffnes at the rear.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 4:07 PM, Eisenhorn said:

Hi there, I was wondering when you plan to do the evo x, I normally tune it myself but I'm struggling with Monte atm, all your other tunes are spot on so I'm excited to see what you can do with that car.

Thanks once again for your work!

Also been on the lookout for some Evo X tunes. Anyone got some to share yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love some Group B RX setups. The only thing I can figure is raising the gear ratios and using tons of left foot braking to keep the boost up.

RE Porsche GT Tarmac, a little softer on the suspension seems to help a ton as does increasing camber in the front.  Over all, still needs a lot of left foot braking. It can help to use higher gears if you're having trouble, so the rear doesnt get loose as much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

what is right?

 

Dirt 4: "A toe-out angle on the front wheels increases stability but can make the steering feel vague.

A toe-in angle can incease turn-in response at the cost of stability."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9f7Ney_PuM&t=53s

Dirt Rally 2: "Toe in on the front increases stability at the cost of responsiveness, however too much can cause the vehicle to understeer. Toe out on the front increases turn in, however this can cause vague steering."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA3j3Uvw5Bk&t=1m08s

Dirt Rally: "A negative toe angle on the front wheels increases stability but can make the steering feel vague. A positive toe angle can increae turn-in response at the cost of stability."

(not relevant because CM does not indicate what they mean by "negative" and "positive")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5G8wDQf99M&t=17m20s

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 8:34 PM, PaulNbg said:

what is right?

 

Dirt 4: "A toe-out angle on the front wheels increases stability but can make the steering feel vague.

A toe-in angle can incease turn-in response at the cost of stability."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9f7Ney_PuM&t=53s

Dirt Rally 2: "Toe in on the front increases stability at the cost of responsiveness, however too much can cause the vehicle to understeer. Toe out on the front increases turn in, however this can cause vague steering."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA3j3Uvw5Bk&t=1m08s

Dirt Rally: "A negative toe angle on the front wheels increases stability but can make the steering feel vague. A positive toe angle can increae turn-in response at the cost of stability."

(not relevant because CM does not indicate what they mean by "negative" and "positive")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5G8wDQf99M&t=17m20s

Yeah, in reality I'm pretty sure the DR2 explanation is the correct one. Negative toe (toe out- wheels pointing away from each other) improves cornering and responsiveness, positive (toe in- wheels pointing to each other) improves straight line stability.

Now, the question is, how well does tinkering with setups translate to the car's behaviour. Is it realistic? I haven't played with setups in DR2, I've got some experience tuning cars in Project Cars 2, I wonder if I could transfer this knowledge into DR2. Will have to try one day.

Also, I wonder how many variables are affected. Can lowering your ride height and softening suspension too much result in bottoming out? Does excessive toe increase tyre wear in the game? It should because it does in reality, right? If we had telemetry, we would have the answers, as such it's a guessing game.

Edited by danielofifi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Just want to say thanks for the setups!. I play dirt casually when I get off work and neve really tried to tune my cars. I came across this site a while ago and it really has improved my times on some courses but also really depends on how tores I am after work. If your tired you just want get good times at all but console of the courses i have gained 30 seconds so I say keep on keeping on. Your doing a great job.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First and foremost a big thank you to 2Technical for creating all of these. Regarding gear ratios, I see that the final drive is almost always set at the minimum, with adjustments being made to each gear. Can you please share your approach/formula on your gear-level adjustments? Thank you..

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ac11367 said:

First and foremost a big thank you to 2Technical for creating all of these. Regarding gear ratios, I see that the final drive is almost always set at the minimum, with adjustments being made to each gear. Can you please share your approach/formula on your gear-level adjustments? Thank you..

This is 2Technical's reply when asked this on his YouTube page.

"A lower final drive aims towards better acceleration. Where as a higher final drive aims towards top speed. Seen as rally cars very rarely achieve top speed I focus my setups heavily towards acceleration only increasing the final drive as and when I start redlining in top gear."

I used to be lazy and just increase the final drive all the time but since using 2Technical's gearing I can really feel the engine pulling now. There's so much more torque.

Hope that helps

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...