Suggestion - Qualifying sector information spectator mode

I've a suggestion regarding the spectator mode during a qualifying session:

in real life, qualifying is one of the most sensational aspects of a grand prix weekend, and the director does a very good job to bring the action to the public with a lot of information on drivers getting fast around the track with sector information like going purple, green, or no improvement with yellow. In my opinion, it is a shame that the spectator mode ingame does not have this kind of information to help the spectator to focus on fast guys. In league streames like AOR, qualifying is one of the more boring parts to see because you have no information about how well they are driving and if they make chance to improve their time and with how much.

My suggestion is to improve the spectator mode with at least sector times information on the list on the left. If you add there 3 blocks with using the following 4 colors:
Purple: Fastest sector of all:
Green: Improvement
Yellow: No improvement:
Red: Invalidated Laptime

When you follow someone on track, you can add this information as well to their laptime on the right-hand side of the screen. In this box it would be great to get the information about their delta as well. Both compared to their own fastest time, and if they are going fast, compared to the current pole position.

Another addition could be that like in the real F1, you could add multiple boxes of driver's laptime to the screen like in real F1, so you have the information on the deltas of multiple drivers. But i can imagine this could get more difficult to implement in a user-friendly way. But i think if you only start with information like this with sector-colors, you already add a lot of information to help improve the sepctator-mode during qualifying sessions.

F1_codemasters_qualispectator.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

this is exactly what i want. hopefully they add something like this!!!

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 1

Spectators need to be able to view the timing screens in the garage, that would do all that. Maybe it could be relayed to the spectator as session telemetry somehow for a second screen.

• Agree 1

Totally Agree. This is what creates the build up and tension to the last few minutes of Qualifying. A definite MUST HAVE for F1 2019 among a few other things like a replay function while Spectating for broadcasting/streaming purposes.  Just like they have in the OFFICIAL F1 eSPORTS Series. 😉😉 🤔

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Spectators need to be able to view the timing screens in the garage, that would do all that. Maybe it could be relayed to the spectator as session telemetry somehow for a second screen.

yes this too, but topic here is about spectator mode which is a different thing.

This is very interesting for forums that organize online competition and make live on YouTube.

I think is not very difficult to implement.

8 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

yes this too, but topic here is about spectator mode which is a different thing.

Read my post again. How are spectators in anything but spectator mode?

The spectated car telemetry isn't really all that useful for broadcasts, unless you are spectating in chase cam and do it like F1 graphics along the halo (got to make some use of it). The timing screens should be available to ANYONE in the session (drivers could even use a second / paired telemetry screen) or broadcasters use a tablet, like IRL (commentators may even have a FOM screen in an official commentary booth depending on accommodation / facilities at the track).

And you've got to have more free brain cells than David Croft or Ben Edwards to react to what it is telling you :classic_wink:

I'd take Edwards over Croft anyday, BTW....