Jump to content Jump to content

Every codemasters game i own on pc has the same stuttering.

I own grid auto sport, dirt 3 and dirt showdown and love every single one of them..apart  from they all have the same stuttering.
The screen freezes for a second or two but the game continues to play while it's froze.
I have a great rig so i know it's not the problem..every other game i have works perfectly.

For the sake of it though my specs are

i5-4690k

8gb ram

gtx 980

All updates installed, newest drivers, even tried some older ones.

Also i recently re-formatted my pc and the problem still persists.

I have different problem in all CM games. Except Autosport. Some times handling freezes for a second. It was in Race Driver GRID, DIRT2, 3 and GRID2. It is not critical in single, but there is no rewind in online. It happens very rare, so as usual I don't pay attention, but it's really weird )
leelaa14 said:
I own grid auto sport, dirt 3 and dirt showdown and love every single one of them..apart  from they all have the same stuttering.
The screen freezes for a second or two but the game continues to play while it's froze.
I have a great rig so i know it's not the problem..every other game i have works perfectly.

i5-4690k

8gb ram

gtx 980

Don't know what options you have set in the Nvidia control panel, but I'd try

V-sync ON (not adaptive)
Triple buffering ON
Maximum pre-rendered frames 3
leelaa14 said:

i5-4690k

8gb ram

gtx 980

Don't know what options you have set in the Nvidia control panel, but I'd try

V-sync ON (not adaptive)
Triple buffering ON
Maximum pre-rendered frames 3
This could definitely help.
I'm running the game on a GTX 980 also, paired with an i7 4770K and I so far haven't had any stuttering or freezing issues, but I do limit the game to 60 FPS with vsync because handling with my G27 goes nuts without it. Worth a shot I'd say, and it's a weird issue, not something I've come across in any CM game yet.