DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

The unexpected moments stopped?

7 hours ago, CarlesWRC said:

I'm playing with the PC version!

I didn't see any random events lately, but yesterday I had some of them. I think it's normal

Well, from what I've gathered apparently the problem only exists on PS4 after a certain time spent in career. I haven't had any random events for weeks, and I play every day for at least two hours.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 1

I have a new theory from discussing the topic on reddit. It might be that the bug is somehow triggered by free play, because apparently there are people who still get unexpected moments in their game on PS4, but they haven't started or played much of historic championship. So, random events happen normally when you are at the beginning of your career or historic championship, but as you make progress, at some point they just stop happening. Can this be true?

I really want to get to the bottom of this.

3 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

I have a new theory from discussing the topic on reddit. It might be that the bug is somehow triggered by free play, because apparently there are people who still get unexpected moments in their game on PS4, but they haven't started or played much of historic championship. So, random events happen normally when you are at the beginning of your career or historic championship, but as you make progress, at some point they just stop happening. Can this be true?

I really want to get to the bottom of this.

Could be...

i haven’t played any history championships, only play career (heavily) and i haven’t encountered an unexpected event for weeks now. 

Ps4

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Could be...

i haven’t played any history championships, only play career (heavily) and i haven’t encountered an unexpected event for weeks now. 

Ps4

Interesting. Could you maybe give it a go and play historic championship for a bit and see if you get any unexpected events there?

i don't know but i do feel like its way to uncommon when i compare it to dirt rally espacially( there it was to frequent if u ask me) I have not seen any driver drop down the timings due to a serious problem with its car for a long time now( at least not in the lets call it top 10 for a while already.

to be more specific i remember from dirt rally how sometimes u complely lucked out because a driver above u binned it and in the elite and master division this really for me added to the fun because it didnt feel like this **** only happened to you. (espacially if u promote to master based the misfortune of another wich happened to me)

Ive never seen a flock of birds or animals running across the road. Drones seem to be non existant again for me but the cars breaking down on the perfect area still happens frequently.

The drones keep showing up frequently, and the odd car on the side. Also have the light flicker sometimes in night stages, but never seen any animals or birds.

Play on ps4, not tried historical yet

How about unexpected moments in Monte Carlo? Are there any? Obviously I haven't seen any, but I wonder if they are implemented there. Like stranded cars etc.

• Agree 1

I still see some unexpected moments on my ps4 game . I find dust patches stirred up by drones annoying but realistic.

Edited by rallyemania

I haven't seen any of these on PC since one of the patches as well, hoping they found it and fixed for next weeks patch.

• Agree 1

Is it stage specific maybe? On New England 9 stages i had zero unexpected moments but then on Monte Carlo drones were flying about. 

So let me ask this, in Argentina, are there drones flying above the stage, causing dust to be in the roadway?  Because i see the dust, but no drones.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

PC, I haven't seen any unexpected moments in a long while. Never in Monte-Carlo but also before that they have stopped appearing. Perhaps since Fabia/C4 DLC.

• Agree 2

Okay, so apparently the problem is not only limited to console players, but happens on PC as well. That's important news, thanks for the input guys! Now let's spread the word so that Codies can hear us and help us.

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

So let me ask this, in Argentina, are there drones flying above the stage, causing dust to be in the roadway?  Because i see the dust, but no drones.

I can also see the dust sometimes, but no drones or wrecked cars. Wierd. It's been so many weeks now.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I think the dust patches are caused by drones flying above, considering there are occasions where you see the replay from a drone's angle .

An update: someone on reddit experiencing this bug started a new profile, and this seems to have solved the problem and unexpected events started happening again.

But this is only a partial solution because many people (me included) don't feel like losing all their progress. I hope Codies will address this issue in the next patch.

Here is the link to the reddit topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/blrmms/stage_degredation_in_career_and_unexpected/

• Thanks 3

Thanks for the info/update danielofifi. I guess it helps prove what we suspected, once you reach a certain point in career some sort of glitch stops them ever occurring again.

think it was about 3 seasons for me, off the top of my head, was like 2 months ago so struggling to remember now lol

• Agree 1

Fwiw, I hadn't seen any unexpected moments for a while in the career but there was an AI crash on the side of the road in one stage in my previous championship (Pro). Haven't seen anything since then, hard to say if that feature is broken or extremely rare and random. Hard for me to gauge the degradation at times as well. Some stages do seem rougher than others but I'm not sure if that's just the way they are, if it's also random, or the feature is in effect. I do know the details / menu event overviews always say full degradation for absolutely everything but that's clearly not always the case. So that stuff could definitely be a bit more informative. You should have an idea of what to expect from the next stage before you get out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pyide said:

hard to say if that feature is broken or extremely rare and random.

I'm sure it's broken, I haven't seen any unexpected moments for months and I play on a daily basis, both in career and freeplay, so it's just not possible.

• Agree 3

My bet nothing is broken or glitched, it’s part of the game design so they don’t become overly repetitive.  Still, would be nice to see one occasionally for those of us that have played this way too much.

• Disagree 1

I have no unexpected moments ......
Only the first hours of play, there were unexpected moments
The same I have also found in Dirt 4
  • Agree 1

I always wondered what the hell unexpected moments were! Now I know!

Yes still all there for me though I only noticed drone and cars broken down.

Still seeing these 2 on ps4.

Haven't seen a single unexpected moment since at least a month. I play on PC and on career mode mostly.

I'm in my 4th event in Elite tier (career mode) and i think i haven't seen unexpected moments for a long time...

• Agree 1