The unexpected moments stopped?

I just reset my profile. The unexpected moments came back. I didn't lose anything from My Team apart from current championship progress.

There is an option in the profile settings in the game, it says reset your progress or something. I did it, and for good measure also deleted the save file from my PS4. After I booted the game I had to make a new profile and historic championship progress was gone, but My Team stayed the same and the unexpected moments came back (saw a car on side of the road in a custom championship). My guess is they keep your My Team progress on the servers.

• Disagree 1

losing historic progress though... 

(I don't have the unexpected events either, btw)

😞

Edited by ianism

Personally I don't mind losing the historic progress to get unexpected moments back, it was fun completing the events the first time, it's going to be fun the second time. 😉 I would be more bothered if My Team was reset. Still, Codemasters should look into it because it's definitely a bug.

I'll tell you it feels great to have unexpected moments back again. Today I was so startled by a flock of birds that I completely missed a turn in Germany. Super fun. 🙂

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

I'll tell you it feels great to have unexpected moments back again. Today I was so startled by a flock of birds that I completely missed a turn in Germany. Super fun. 🙂

I've met Herr Deer in Germany this evening, he run across the road in front of me. It was a big surprise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, redriot77 said:

I've met Herr Deer in Germany this evening, he run across the road in front of me. It was a big surprise!

Same here, besides that i dont think ive seen anything unexpected for months tho.

Yeah, deer is cool. No other unexpected moments in more than a month though. PS4 here.

Edited by AlekseiL

ha, three of us in a row! also saw deer, but otherwise nothing for at least a month or two

Same here, saw the deer during a daily but no unexpected moments since Monte Carlo.

7 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Idem ici, vu le cerf au cours d'une journée mais pas d'inattendu depuis Monte Carlo.

Where did you see it ? In carreer mode ? Thanks

What are the unexpected moments in Rallycross? Ive completed a couple of career races now but not noticed anything.

6 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

What are the unexpected moments in Rallycross? Ive completed a couple of career races now but not noticed anything.

don't think there are any.

there weren't in Dirt 4 either.

6 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Unexpected moment in rallycross is when the AI doesn't ram you into the wall at the start.

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Hmm I had my spotter report an accident to me, is that an unexpected moment?

In Dirt 4 I once had a car in front of me lose his tail gate for no reason, that was definitely unexpected. 🙂

23 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Hmm I had my spotter report an accident to me, is that an unexpected moment?

I had that too. Now that I think of it, I also saw an AI driver getting a tire puncture or losing their bodywork a couple of times. Also, they sometimes make false starts, which causes a race restart.

• Agree 1

^^ true, but i am not sure if those are unexpected moments.

CM?

• Agree 1

I'm not sure they're technically unexpected moments in RX, they're more likely to be how they want races to go.

As for the deer, well locations\stages have random happenings, deer in Germany is one of them, they're separate from unexpected moments as far as I know.

Now that is unexpected. Could you have another go with the 1.5 patch? I took a look at this a few weeks ago and think I found what the issue was. Needless to say, they should be a little bit more expected now 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CMHarrySemple said:

Now that is unexpected. Could you have another go with the 1.5 patch? I took a look at this a few weeks ago and think I found what the issue was. Needless to say, they should be a little bit more expected now 🙂

That's wonderful to hear, thank you very much for your help!

Edited by danielofifi

I just saw and heard a helicopter above my head which hasn't happened before, so something may be improving here...