The unexpected moments stopped?

1 hour ago, Hardy said:

I just saw and heard a helicopter above my head which hasn't happened before, so something may be improving here...

See two posts above yours, it was fixed 🙂

• Like 1

Hi,

So, I have been playing Dirt Rally 2.0 for a while, had the unexpected moments appearing, but lately haven't noticed any of them. I wasn't even remembering them, but today, of a sudden, I realised that I don't see any for quite some time. Already reset the profile, which didn't solve the problem. 😕 

Is there any other fix for this? Thanks

First I had to look up what "unexpected events" are.  Now that I know, I can report I've always seen a fair amount of them in all aspects of the rally side of the game (events, freeplay, and club).  I've seen plenty of wrecked and smoking rally cars along the sides of roads, at least, and also had a close encounter with a drone or 2.  Haven't noticed any wildlife (although I thought the drone was a bird until I saw the replay).  Also seen small rocks and chunks of snow/ice fall into the road from the cliff above, and I could have sworn some drunk spectator threw a beer bottle at me once.  Is that even a thing?

Anyway, this is a new install from the end of March.  

Yeah, I just did a fresh new install of Dirt Rally 2.0. Just finished a 3 stage rally at Argentina, just for testing. At the 3rd stage I got a drone flying over me, so I guess it's sorted out now!

For wildlife, the ones I seen people talk the most is a deer in Germany, have to head there and hunt for the deer! 😋

Never had the beer bottle, although that would be interesting! 😂

Posted (edited)

Drones, animals and such are still happening. Not 100% certain but seems to me like they have toned down the amount of broken opponent cars on stages. It used to happen on half the stages before which was bit too frequent

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Disagree 1

Yeah, the broken opponent cars have reduced, they used to be quite often, now not so much.

• Confused 1

I've seen a lot of broken cars, dones, animals and helicopters at the last events.
Codemasters fixed the problem

I've had pretty consistent levels of unexpected events for like 6 months.

and there's an animal in Scotland by the way. I don't know what the hell it's meant to be though. there's also supposedly a rabbit in Finland but I've not seen one yet. the animals look kinda terrible when you go into a replay to take a closer look: they're clearly just 2D objects that blur between two or three running poses. 

20200311152740_1.thumb.jpg.d9ccf61d69e956e03f862c3d0e78fde5.jpg

here's a shot of the deer in Germany (I took this last june)

20190610225801_1.thumb.jpg.8105dd55bd6394abe5be0d8771d9eca9.jpg

2 hours ago, ianism said:

I've had pretty consistent levels of unexpected events for like 6 months.

and there's an animal in Scotland by the way. I don't know what the hell it's meant to be though.

I reckon a wild hog.

I keep hoping to see roos in Oz