The unexpected moments stopped?

I've written a post about it in the bugs topic, but decided this needs its own topic because it really bugs me.

Anyone else has no unexpected moments during rallies anymore? No drones, no cars on the side of the road. Both in career and freeplay (random events set to on obviously). It's a big shame because I really liked that system. What's weird is that it seems to be tied to a save, because when I logged in to my wife's profile (PS4), the random stuff started happening again. It stopped as soon as I logged back to my own account.

I have no idea what triggered this. The patch? The DLC? I've got Day One Edition with additional deluxe content. I could just delete my save and start over to see if it resolves the problem, but I don't feel like losing all of my progress.

• Agree 3

Now you come to mention it, i haven’t seen any either recently...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah that's a good point actually. Can't remember seeing one since the last patch. 

Edited by Decks
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I saw 3 yesterday in Career mode 🙂

Edited by Lollerke

Hmm, indeed, I actually haven't seen anything anymore either.  That's interesting, now that it has been pointed out.  

41 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

I saw 3 yesterday in Career mode 🙂

Are you on PC or console? Guys, mention your platform, let's see if it's only on consoles or not.

This happened in D4, too.  Maybe after a certain (short) amount of time playing they stop so it doesn’t seem repetitive. Who knows. 

Haven’t seen a drone, stalled car, or bird flock in a while.  Don’t know my total playing time, but it’s been quite a bit. 

just an idea, but maybe the update disabled the option for you guys ? check it in the settings maybe.

I had some wrecked cars appear in my career rallies the last few days, so I’d say they’re still in. I actually had an “Oh poo!” moment when one was stopped at a square right junction and I locked up and hit it with my driver side. The wrecked cars are still appearing, the drones and birdsI’ve not really seen, though. I may be tunnel-visioned on the track though. 🙂

1 hour ago, cjr3559 said:

This happened in D4, too.  Maybe after a certain (short) amount of time playing they stop so it doesn’t seem repetitive. Who knows.  

Haven’t seen a drone, stalled car, or bird flock in a while.  Don’t know my total playing time, but it’s been quite a bit. 

That's really wierd. But if they were programmed to stop after a certain time of play, why have the option to turn them on and off in free play?

1 hour ago, paint21 said:

just an idea, but maybe the update disabled the option for you guys ? check it in the settings maybe.

There is a setting for it only in free play, and it's set to on. Still, no wrecked cars or drones on the stages.

I want my wrecked cars and drones back. 😞

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cjr3559 said:

I've never seen a bird flock, I only seen drones once Monte Carlo arrived as well was wondering why they had been took out of the game.

What other unexpected moments happen?

Edited by FLAW3D

53 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

I've never seen a bird flock, I only seen drones once Monte Carlo arrived as well was wondering why they had been took out of the game.

What other unexpected moments happen?

Don’t know about 2.0, but DR1 and D4 had animals run across the road in the distance at night.  Again, only saw them a couple times early on and then never again.

As for the post about what settings are we using, I’ve got mine set to ‘Unexpected Events’ [on].

no issues here. seen birds, drones and broken AI cars on the side of the road. historic championships, and I'm on PC

keep in mind, you not noticing things doesn't mean they're not there.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I haven't seen anything in the past 5 championships. (PS4)

• Agree 2

I saw plenty of drones and broken ai cars to begin with but have seen nothing in the past few weeks... strange (ps4).

also strange that it seems from  this thread the pc guys are still getting them 🤔

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Are you on PC or console? Guys, mention your platform, let's see if it's only on consoles or not.

PC

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ianism said:

no issues here. seen birds, drones and broken AI cars on the side of the road. historic championships, and I'm on PC

keep in mind, you not noticing things doesn't mean they're not there.

I have been actively searching for them for a few past weeks, so I'm sure I would notice one...

Okay, so it seems only PS4 players are affected? How about X-box players? Are you also experiencing this issue?

Edited by danielofifi

Was playing PS4 two nights ago and saw a drone!

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Was playing PS4 two nights ago and saw a drone!

How long have you been playing My Team? It seems the bug happens to people only after a certain time spent in career...?

46 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

How long have you been playing My Team? It seems the bug happens to people only after a certain time spent in career...?

Hmmm, probably not that long. I have only done the first couple of Championship levels in rally and rallycross. Most of my play has been in freeplay. 

• Thanks 1

They are random events, so not always happens... Yesterday I saw two drones and two wrecked cars in Argentina.

1 hour ago, CarlesWRC said:

They are random events, so not always happens... Yesterday I saw two drones and two wrecked cars in Argentina.

What platform are you on Carles?

14 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

What platform are you on Carles?

I'm playing with the PC version!

I didn't see any random events lately, but yesterday I had some of them. I think it's normal

• Agree 1