Next patch?

7 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

@ChristinaMc Can you indicate if we will ever see a FoV slider on console releases please? I'm holding off playing for this, it's a huge difference without it.

That and a career AI difficulty slider...

Thanks.

Pretty sure they've already said the consoles won't be able to handle a FOV slider. 

• Agree 1

Could be in between the time released a hotfix for the loss of sound?

It would make the fans happy.

11 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

I’m pretty gutted about AI not being mentioned too. It’s been raised since day one and it hasn’t yet been acknowledged by codies (Christina) yet so i can’t see the AI ever being fixed now 😩

AI is a huge undertaking - right now we're focusing on the the fix and feature work. 

24 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

Next Patch Date???:classic_sleep:

If all goes smoothly, v1.3 will be the week after next.

7 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

@ChristinaMc Can you indicate if we will ever see a FoV slider on console releases please? I'm holding off playing for this, it's a huge difference without it.

That and a career AI difficulty slider...

Thanks.

Career is curated difficulty, which is why there's no slider for this! On a FoV slider... Not yet, unfortunately. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

AI is a huge undertaking - right now we're focusing on the the fix and feature work. 

Career is curated difficulty, which is why there's no slider for this! On a FoV slider... Not yet, unfortunately. 

This is more like it Christina 👍

@ChristinaMc Hi guys,anyone else notice in poland when you watch the replay,the car when slide on gravel he make tarmac/asphalt sound?the same on montecarlo: when you are on ice the car make tarmac slide sound ( only in the downhill version of the stages 😕 ) this ruin my immersion since tge replay it's very important in my opinion...please fix it 😞

Edited by AlexSpartan316

5 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Thank you very much for the update. I have a question, are you at Codemasters aware of the problem with unexpected moments that stop after a certain time on PS4? Are there any plans to fix this, or is the cause known? There are people who have not seen a drone or a wrecked car for weeks...

Edited by danielofifi

Good to hear a date for the next patch, even though it was certainly coming. Have you guys been able to make headway for those model changes on the C3 R5, or have you been denied by Citroën? If you can share, of course.
@ChristinaMc

57 minutes ago, warpengage said:

Good to hear a date for the next patch, even though it was certainly coming. Have you guys been able to make headway for those model changes on the C3 R5, or have you been denied by Citroën? If you can share, of course.
@ChristinaMc

As far as I'm aware, we're sticking with the Citroën-approved model that is currently in game. 

• Thanks 1

Considering what we have at the table right now, the wheel axis width is the least of our problems.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 5

7 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

So AI times doesn't need a fix? Even for H2 FWD and R2? Or AI times are not a feature?

• Agree 1

game was releases weeks ago still no fundamental mechanics! aka FFB how long do we have to wait for what we were promised? and should have been delivered ? btw your steam reviews are tanking hard!

reeeeeee pepe.gif

• Disagree 4

2 hours ago, Balazsryche said:

I think F1 2018 has FOV slider on Xbox...

Most games have FOV adjustment these days but seems they are struggling with FPS with this engine/game

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Most games have FOV adjustment these days but seems they are struggling with FPS with this engine/game

Which I would get if people wanted a WIDER FOV; that can have an impact on performance. But I understood those complaints as a wish to have a more NARROW FOV.

Edited by Civarello
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

few sales codemasters, you've worked badly. many people have put the game up for sale, I've already installed it, after the disappointment Dirt4 you have now closed with my wallet. Bad game, obscene FFB, blurry graphics on ps4 pro, very bad Italian pacenotes, wrong translations. you did the bare minimum by charging people 90 euros to betatester. shame on you.

4 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

As far as I'm aware, we're sticking with the Citroën-approved model that is currently in game. 

Wow...this sucks...the wheels position in that car are so bad that i can't even look at it...i'm really disappointed.and i'm asking why citroën approve a model that look much worse than the original?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Civarello said:

Which I would get if people wanted a WIDER FOV; that can have an impact on performance. But I understood those complaints as a wish to have a more NARROW FOV.

Yeah even if they only let us have a narrower FOV it would certainly help and be beneficial especially for us guys with a wheel and single screen. 

The FOV was perfect in DR, did the community want the FOV changed to a much wider one in 2.0? 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 3

I like wider FOV which give more sense of speed however it´s harder to master, if there will be slider hope you can set it wider.

This is the thing. The game is harder with a wider FoV. The road ahead appears smaller than it actually is. 

If they even just gave us a few fixed FoV options, eg Default, Dr1 FoV, Medium, Low, it would do the trick.

• Agree 3