The return of the Beta Programme for F1® 2019 [UPDATE 02/05]

Arguing amongst yourselves about who is worthy and who isn't doesn't really do much you know guys. CM will choose who they like, you arguing doesn't change their choices. 

• Agree 4

29 minutes ago, Techstyler81 said:

We already had this topic. F1 is worldwide. Not just for English speaking know-it-alls. Otherwise Codemasters F1 would be in pure English. This forum is for everyone. So please think before you make stupid comments.

Dude, read again what I've said. It's not that I intended to offend any non-native English person, neither am I. 

The intention behind my post is that I, personally, feel that Codemasters should also focus, when choosing Beta-testers, on the ability of speaking English. The more precise you can be, the better it is for Codemasters to understand your feedback and problems with the given game. 

I agree with you saying: "F1 is worldwide. Not just for English speaking know-it-all. Otherwise Codemasters F1 would be in pure English. This forum is for everyone." This is the intention behind a forum, to connect people worldwide.

The thing is, as I've stated earlier, if you're not in the position to speak English properly, you shouldn't be a beta-tester. As it really gives kind of a barrier in communication and making your feedback less quality, which would negatively impact the development of the game.

It's like a job-interview for a company with huge international connections where you need to be in the position to communicate with your partners and if you're not able to talk in a proper way, it hinders the success of your company. 

By testing the official F1 game you have a huge responsibility, because Formula 1 is worldwide, as you said yourself.

I hope you understand this clarification of my opinion!

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, GodzAmoongus said:

Have people been contacted over beta testing

Not yet no. When people have been contacted, as Faya stated, we'll know as she'll update the main post as well as comment a separate message.

16 hours ago, SingaporeTrackLizard said:

Arguing amongst yourselves about who is worthy and who isn't doesn't really do much you know guys. CM will choose who they like, you arguing doesn't change their choices. 

Valid point, however I think a lot of past beta testers and even non testers are probably a bit annoyed when people make wild assumptions without any substance

• Agree 3

17 hours ago, benclark0411 said:

@Faya Any news on when emails for the beta will be sent out?

Game isn't released for another 65 days. Loads of time to sort those copy / paste bugs :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Hi all,

We are still finalising the list. Thanks for your patience while we continue to sort through the applications!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

On 4/24/2019 at 5:23 PM, Faya said:

Hi all,

We are still finalising the list. Thanks for your patience while we continue to sort through the applications!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just wondering when will we find out if we have been successful in being selected for the beta program??

1 hour ago, gottensix696 said:

Just wondering when will we find out if we have been successful in being selected for the beta program??

When they have selected the participants we'll know.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, gottensix696 said:

Normally by email but I believe that Faya will update the post with more details when the participants have been selected ☺ 

• Agree 1

Exactly, so just be patient and remember you are selected to test the game, not just to play early 😇

• Agree 6

usually an announcement will be made on the day telling us to check our emails. Make sure you double check spam folders though, sometimes it can come through as spam when it's not.

I have to say I'm a bit worried looking at last years time frame. We got the emails to be selected almost 3 months before release and the actual beta started on 12th of june so more than 2 moths before. And they already had timing issues last year with the last beta week ending only a few days before launch.

I have no idea of programming a game but I'd guess if you develop a game for twice as long (as they claim) you would spend more and not less time testing it 😕

I just really hope they don't screw it up again. . .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wurzel01 said:

I have to say I'm a bit worried looking at last years time frame. We got the emails to be selected almost 3 months before release and the actual beta started on 12th of june so more than 2 moths before. And they already had timing issues last year with the last beta week ending only a few days before launch.

I have no idea of programming a game but I'd guess if you develop a game for twice as long (as they claim) you would spend more and not less time testing it 😕

I just really hope they don't screw it up again. . .

What and you think they don't have internal testing? 

They are clearly going through people's applications to find the most suitable testers for the job, but at the same time they will have a team in house testing the game as well as the F1 drivers that go and test the game Daniel Ricciardo was there yesterday or recently anyway I believe, also I do believe a lot of people leaked a lot of info about the beta in previous years so they may leave for good reasons, you really got to watch who you give the beta to some people here treat it as early access to the game Instead of testing it that is the people who ruin it for others. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EVIL SCOTSMIN said:

as well as the F1 drivers that go and test the game Daniel Ricciardo was there yesterday or recently anyway I believe, 

This is more a promo thing and less a "test" thing.

They drive a few laps in TT, thats it. 

Hopefully the Beta is starting soon, 2 months left and this is the the biggest f1 game they made and 2018 had a lot of problems on the release, so for me it seems weird if the is even shorter then the last one.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, KiLLu12258 said:

This is more a promo thing and less a "test" thing.

They drive a few laps in TT, thats it.

So an F1 driver doing laps in time trial on a game that isn't out yet isn't testing then 😂 OK....... I would see your point if it was a time trial at Baku but it was at France he was driving, all the F1 drivers are some kind of testers they are the only people who know how the cars should drive and feel which is a good thing people just need to be patient I would assume that we will here something maybe by the end of the week 

1 hour ago, EVIL SCOTSMIN said:

What and you think they don't have internal testing? 

They are clearly going through people's applications to find the most suitable testers for the job, but at the same time they will have a team in house testing the game as well as the F1 drivers that go and test the game Daniel Ricciardo was there yesterday or recently anyway I believe, also I do believe a lot of people leaked a lot of info about the beta in previous years so they may leave for good reasons, you really got to watch who you give the beta to some people here treat it as early access to the game Instead of testing it that is the people who ruin it for others. 

Anthony Davidson is probably the last driver to properly test the game for longer periods of time back in F1 2010-2011

The QA studio is in India though.