Jump to content

The return of the Beta Programme for F1® 2019 [UPDATE 02/05]

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Wurzel01 said:

I have to say I'm a bit worried looking at last years time frame. We got the emails to be selected almost 3 months before release and the actual beta started on 12th of june so more than 2 moths before. And they already had timing issues last year with the last beta week ending only a few days before launch.

I have no idea of programming a game but I'd guess if you develop a game for twice as long (as they claim) you would spend more and not less time testing it 😕

I just really hope they don't screw it up again. . .

I believe that they know what they're doing. If they start it's because they need less time. Codemasters has been working in the game for two years, I think that means that they had more time to test the game by themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, diegogelo said:

I believe that they know what they're doing. If they start it's because they need less time. Codemasters has been working in the game for two years, I think that means that they had more time to test the game by themselves. 

LOL just LOL!!

 

I would like to agree that as this game has been in the making for 2 years that they "know" what they are doing and all will be well but the evidence is already there in that the same bugs reside in every release for years. Why should this be any different? Isn't that the definition of insanity....or maybe the mind of a groupie where no matter what they do it's never bad? I think the proof is in the pudding and until I see reviews or comments on the forum stating there are no bugs after release, then I would remain sceptical if I were you!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, martbloke said:

LOL just LOL!!

 

I would like to agree that as this game has been in the making for 2 years that they "know" what they are doing and all will be well but the evidence is already there in that the same bugs reside in every release for years. Why should this be any different? Isn't that the definition of insanity....or maybe the mind of a groupie where no matter what they do it's never bad? I think the proof is in the pudding and until I see reviews or comments on the forum stating there are no bugs after release, then I would remain sceptical if I were you!

'Stockholm Syndrome', a terrible diagnosis to live with... XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for applying for the F1 2019 Beta! The arguing in this thread is not useful to anyone, so please use the 'messages' function to finish any arguments in this thread.

 

FAQ for the Applicants:

Can I join the beta?
The applications have been closed since 10th of April. Sorry.
 
How many testers will get accepted?
This has not been specified I believe. In 2017 it was 300 per platform.
 
When will we hear who got in?
Codemasters (probably Faya) will inform us when the emails have all been sent.
 
What to do when the emails are being sent?
First of all don't panic. Check your junk/trash mail inbox if you don't see anything on your normal inbox. Make sure the inbox has been refreshed. For example with outlook/live emails, you can log on to the website version just in case. If you don't see any emails, you may've not been accepted. Bad luck. Follow this thread for any official announcements though (for example if there are issues)
 
I got in!
Great! Now wait until Codies tell us what to do, if they didn't do that the moment you were accepted.
 
Can I post videos/images and/or talk to my friends about the beta?
Before doing anything, please read through the whole contract you accepted when you sent an application. If you have any questions, please direct them to one of the Codemasters employees. Please make sure you're talking to a Codemasters employee before sending that question though, as I've gotten some Beta messages in the past.
 
I have a question that has no answer here
Send it to me by the private messages (see my profile and find the send message button which should be on the right of my name) or by tagging me in this thread by typing @UP100
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

İt says pre order now on the race track, when will it be avaible to pte order in steam, Turkey ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, martbloke said:

I think the proof is in the pudding

It's not. It's in the eating. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating".

  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, martbloke said:

LOL just LOL!!

 

I would like to agree that as this game has been in the making for 2 years that they "know" what they are doing and all will be well but the evidence is already there in that the same bugs reside in every release for years. Why should this be any different? Isn't that the definition of insanity....or maybe the mind of a groupie where no matter what they do it's never bad? I think the proof is in the pudding and until I see reviews or comments on the forum stating there are no bugs after release, then I would remain sceptical if I were you!

Well, I think the definition of insanity is to buy a game that you don't like. On the other hand, I'm very happy with the game how it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Auryel27 said:

İt says pre order now on the race track, when will it be avaible to pte order in steam, Turkey ?

It should be available within the next two weeks I’d assume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 4:20 PM, kyrillos152 said:

did you get selected ?

I hope that i can get respons that selection allready done and not to wait to for that moment that i Dont know when the beta is going to begin/end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing all the new images made available today has made me even more excited about the game and the possibility of Beta Testing. June 28th can't come soon enough but it still feels a long way away. I am really liking the look of what I'm seeing here. and tomorrow would be a perfect day to find out Beta Selections - On the 25th Anniversary of the death of Ayrton Senna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PatSpence96 said:

Seeing all the new images made available today has made me even more excited about the game and the possibility of Beta Testing. June 28th can't come soon enough but it still feels a long way away. I am really liking the look of what I'm seeing here. and tomorrow would be a perfect day to find out Beta Selections - On the 25th Anniversary of the death of Ayrton Senna.

Same. To participate in the making of a game that look this awesome must feel pretty nice

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Faya Any information? How much days we away for the e-mails gonna be sent?

 

Edited by Krisz012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krisz012 said:

@Faya Any information? How much days we away for the e-mails gonna be sent?

 

next week mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MarcoFcb97 said:

@advanceapple Are you sure ?

not much, but if they really need to release the beta they can't make it come out 2 weeks before the game launches, 
also because soon if not already the game has to enter the gold phase and be sent to the world.
Edited by advanceapple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, advanceapple said:

not much, but if they really need to release the beta they can't make it come out 2 weeks before the game launches, 
also because soon if not already the game has to enter the gold phase and be sent to the world.

Don't think that anything from the beta will make the gold code, it will be the 0 day patch at best. It will be gold before the beta starts, it's got to be in shops' supply chains in just over 6 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Don't think that anything from the beta will make the gold code, it will be the 0 day patch at best. It will be gold before the beta starts, it's got to be in shops' supply chains in just over 6 weeks.

 

right what you say, but it is also true that the beta is constituted in 3 phases (in theory) as the last year and to make it come out as late as possible is a bit counterproductive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The e-mail is arrived. 

Thanks codemasters! I’m 3 years in a row beta tester now!

Edited by guidomix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm it looks like emails have been sent confirming those that have been selected 

Definitely worth checking spam folders just to double check if it doesn’t show in your main inbox 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! Yup, start checking those inboxes, I can confirm the acceptance emails are heading out right now! 

Remember, not everyone can get in, so be nice to those who were not selected.

We'll be opening up the private beta forums soon. So please be patient while we get you all in. And don't forget, no discussing beta stuff in the main forums.

Thanks! 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hey all! Yup, start checking those inboxes, I can confirm the acceptance emails are heading out right now! 

Remember, not everyone can get in, so be nice to those who were not selected.

We'll be opening up the private beta forums soon. So please be patient while we get you all in. And don't forget, no discussing beta stuff in the main forums.

Thanks! 

So they're gradually being sent out, or they were sent off all at once?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ramma314 said:

So they're gradually being sent out, or they were sent off all at once?

i think they will be send out over the next hour(s). So hopefully we still have a chance. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×