Jump to content

The return of the Beta Programme for F1® 2019 [UPDATE 02/05]

Recommended Posts

If you’re using gmail, be sure to check the “Important” tab. My beta email was hidden in that tab because Google thought it was a promotion. 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am in...I got the email, it was in Promotions tab on gmail 

Thank you codies...will give you my feedback when i test it 

Edited by VladimirJeger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaand I'm in again. Thanks guys, hope we'll make the game as good as it can possibly be

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... I got selected.

I am hoping someone who has done this before could answer a few questions for me, regarding the review format and procedure:

Is there a checklist/form to be filled out or can I write a review, including any tables etc that I produce, as I would when designing a research presentation at work?

Do codemasters assign particular tasks/areas of focus or is it a general overview of the game?

And, finally, how long do we get to review the game?

I expect all this will be outlined in the next contact from CM, but I just wanted to get a head start so I can set out my schedule ahead of time.

Cheers all.

P.s. I will do all that I can to be as thorough and professional as I can- I just wished to reassure the community of that. My background is as a business consultant and market analyst, plus I write reviews for a motorcycle magazine, so I have some experience in these matters. I just hope these skills translate into the world of tech and gaming.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my email at 9.12 a.m, only just realised.

Can anyone tell me what is open to test?

What i mean is, will there be the full season, time trial, online racing etc...with all the cars and tracks (classics too)?

If the idea is to test all aspects to make sure it's ready for release it would make sense, wouldn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

@MateLeLe120 Possibly! Please do check on the forums some hours from now too to see if there are any more issues with the emails. Please do also check your spam folders, important tabs and anything that a email provider has that could have the email in it. For example the email may be seen as a "promotion".

 

@TheDarkPhenix I hope you have a better luck next time 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sammoo Please leave this to the 2019 Beta test forum whenever it'll become available for you.

@TerryT33 Same for you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

So... I got selected.

I am hoping someone who has done this before could answer a few questions for me, regarding the review format and procedure:

Is there a checklist/form to be filled out or can I write a review, including any tables etc that I produce, as I would when designing a research presentation at work?

Do codemasters assign particular tasks/areas of focus or is it a general overview of the game?

And, finally, how long do we get to review the game?

I expect all this will be outlined in the next contact from CM, but I just wanted to get a head start so I can set out my schedule ahead of time.

Cheers all.

P.s. I will do all that I can to be as thorough and professional as I can- I just wished to reassure the community of that. My background is as a business consultant and market analyst, plus I write reviews for a motorcycle magazine, so I have some experience in these matters. I just hope these skills translate into the world of tech and gaming.

So basically Codemasters will tell you what areas of the game are tested at every part of the programme and then you send them your feedback. At least that was the case last year, but be patient and we'll get to know everything later

Edited by JulioMassa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TerryT33 said:

Got my email at 9.12 a.m, only just realised.

Can anyone tell me what is open to test?

What i mean is, will there be the full season, time trial, online racing etc...with all the cars and tracks (classics too)?

If the idea is to test all aspects to make sure it's ready for release it would make sense, wouldn't it?

Last year we had Quick race with 4 tracks and multiplayer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! The Beta Forums are open and I'm currently adding people. Please make sure you head down to the bottom of the main forum page to find the super secret hidden forums. There you can ask any and all Beta related questions. It may take me a couple of days to add everyone, so please be patient. 

Remember, you are not allowed to talk about Beta Club outside of the official Beta forums. 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 9
  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JulioMassa said:

So basically Codemasters will tell you what areas of the game are tested at every part of the programme and then you send them your feedback. At least that was the case last year, but be patient and we'll get to know everything later

Thanks Julio. I suppose I am just a little over excited to get cracking; I am very much looking forward to this.

It's nice to know that the test is likely to be structured.

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Faya said:

Hi all! The Beta Forums are open and I'm currently adding people. Please make sure you head down to the bottom of the main forum page to find the super secret hidden forums. There you can ask any and all Beta related questions. It may take me a couple of days to add everyone, so please be patient. 

Remember, you are not allowed to talk about Beta Club outside of the official Beta forums. 

 

Will there be an open beta later on for those that didn't make the private beta?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jono15588 said:

Will there be an open beta later on for those that didn't make the private beta?

Probably not as the release date is really close 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got accepted finally I would like to thanks codies and looking forward to do my part and I really wish this game can really be a rock solid in terms of reliability! Check promotion page on Gmail as I found it there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all! The Beta Forums are open and I'm currently adding people. Please make sure you head down to the bottom of the main forum page to find the super secret hidden forums. There you can ask any and all Beta related questions. It may take me a couple of days to add everyone, so please be patient. 

Remember, you are not allowed to talk about Beta Club outside of the official Beta forums. 

 

Thanks for the infos!

Looking forward to help you. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope I get selected 😄 missed out on last years 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t get in again... oh well, I’ll just have to wait a few more weeks, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×