Jump to content

The return of the Beta Programme for F1® 2019 [UPDATE 02/05]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, kyrillos152 said:

did you get selected ?

I don’t know anything yet , but Codemasters works so good with the players, so they should get praise.

Edited by LightRacerSV5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!

I tried to merge some threads that were about the Beta into this one and something went amiss for a second. I do believe I've fixed it though. Sorry if I've caused any confusion! 

While I’m here;

You can find out how to apply in my first post of this thread. If you need any help, let me know! 

A DXDiag is preferred if you are on PC. If you’re not on PC we won’t need it.

You have to be able to access the email account that you’ve signed up with on the forums, it shouldn’t need to be connected to any other service. 

Please note that sign up are for one person only and you are NOT allowed to share your logins or share anything to do with the beta with anyone. It’s in the Terms and Conditions and we are very strict on them.

And please please make sure you’ve filled out things like your Gamertag correctly, you only put one platform for testing and read and accept the statements at the end by ticking them.

I will keep you updated as we go. I’d suggest getting your applications finished sooner rather than later though. Thanks all! 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all!

I tried to merge some threads that were about the Beta into this one and something went amiss for a second. I do believe I've fixed it though. Sorry if I've caused any confusion! 

While I’m here;

You can find out how to apply in my first post of this thread. If you need any help, let me know! 

A DXDiag is preferred if you are on PC. If you’re not on PC we won’t need it.

You have to be able to access the email account that you’ve signed up with on the forums, it shouldn’t need to be connected to any other service. 

Please note that sign up are for one person only and you are NOT allowed to share your logins or share anything to do with the beta with anyone. It’s in the Terms and Conditions and we are very strict on them.

And please please make sure you’ve filled out things like your Gamertag correctly, you only put one platform for testing and read and accept the statements at the end by ticking them.

I will keep you updated as we go. I’d suggest getting your applications finished sooner rather than later though. Thanks all! 

 

Thanks for the update and clarifications, can't wait to see if I can help in this year's game beta 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faya said:

Hi all!

I tried to merge some threads that were about the Beta into this one and something went amiss for a second. I do believe I've fixed it though. Sorry if I've caused any confusion! 

While I’m here;

You can find out how to apply in my first post of this thread. If you need any help, let me know! 

A DXDiag is preferred if you are on PC. If you’re not on PC we won’t need it.

You have to be able to access the email account that you’ve signed up with on the forums, it shouldn’t need to be connected to any other service. 

Please note that sign up are for one person only and you are NOT allowed to share your logins or share anything to do with the beta with anyone. It’s in the Terms and Conditions and we are very strict on them.

And please please make sure you’ve filled out things like your Gamertag correctly, you only put one platform for testing and read and accept the statements at the end by ticking them.

I will keep you updated as we go. I’d suggest getting your applications finished sooner rather than later though. Thanks all! 

 

Thanks for the update, can't wait to see if i can help the beta 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed up, one piece of my feedback from last year to Paul Jeal has already been implemented in 2019 🤘

Can't wait for the release!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed up, hoping for a third consecutive Beta Test application success, I have had great enjoyment from the last two years' Test Sessions and I am SO excited for this years' game.

June 28th 2019 - I CAN'T WAIT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all!

 

And please please make sure you’ve filled out things like your Gamertag correctly, you only put one platform for testing and read and accept the statements at the end by ticking them.

 

 

what exactly do you mean with gamertag if we are on steam?

where can i see my gamertag then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Reyfoxf1 said:

Hi killu it's your name on steam

but there are a lot of guys with my name on steam? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

what exactly do you mean with gamertag if we are on steam?

where can i see my gamertag then?

@Faya Just want to get an answer to this. It would be a shame if people didn't get the beta just because they didn't put the right "gamertag" there or something. "Gamertag" on Steam could be anything such as the current profile name, username, steam id or the steam profile link.

What should you put as your gamertag on PC? I decided to go with a link to my steam profile as I felt that being the best way to show who I am. Please do say if that is not what you wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UP100 said:

@Faya Just want to get an answer to this. It would be a shame if people didn't get the beta just because they didn't put the right "gamertag" there or something. "Gamertag" on Steam could be anything such as the current profile name, username, steam id or the steam profile link.

What should you put as your gamertag on PC? I decided to go with a link to my steam profile as I felt that being the best way to show who I am. Please do say if that is not what you wanted.

13 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

what exactly do you mean with gamertag if we are on steam?

where can i see my gamertag then?

Open Steam, go to your profile, click on "Edit Profile", in there you will see "Custom URL", at the end of the URL you will find your Steam ID (that will be numbers if you haven´t changed it), that is your gamertag in Steam.

image.png.3e4bd954864559b5922fa1572daf4515.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Overfl0w said:

 

Open Steam, go to your profile, click on "Edit Profile", in there you will see "Custom URL", at the end of the URL you will find your Steam ID (that will be numbers if you haven´t changed it), that is your gamertag in Steam. 

image.png.3e4bd954864559b5922fa1572daf4515.png

That is the profile URL, mine is https://steamcommunity.com/id/vanerinux yet my steamID is STEAM_1:1:67053208. Customizable profile URL is also not the same as your original steam username which these days has been hidden as far as I know. There is also a permanent profile link that will always work as it cannot be changed and is tied to your Steam(64) ID which for me is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094372145

 

Another question is that why did you black out your real name, state/province and city as they are all publicly available at your profile page, which can be accessed through the url you said is your steamID.

Another note: Please everyone do not waste your time thinking you could do something fun when you know my SteamIDs or whatever, these are all public info basically anyone can get from anyone else that are on the same server.

Edited by UP100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, UP100 said:

That is the profile URL, mine is https://steamcommunity.com/id/vanerinux yet my steamID is STEAM_1:1:67053208. Customizable profile URL is also not the same as your original steam username which these days has been hidden as far as I know. There is also a permanent profile link that will always work as it cannot be changed and is tied to your Steam(64) ID which for me is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094372145

I think your profile name (the one in your profile URL) is enough since steam does not have a gamertag like it would be on Playstation or Xbox. As long as they can find your account and know its yours it will be ok.

Edited by Overfl0w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UP100 said:

@Faya Just want to get an answer to this. It would be a shame if people didn't get the beta just because they didn't put the right "gamertag" there or something. "Gamertag" on Steam could be anything such as the current profile name, username, steam id or the steam profile link.

What should you put as your gamertag on PC? I decided to go with a link to my steam profile as I felt that being the best way to show who I am. Please do say if that is not what you wanted.

I think they mean the name you go by online, so the name that pops up in games to other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an actual date of when the selected receive an email saying they've been selected? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×