Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The return of the Beta Programme for F1® 2019 [UPDATE 02/05]

Quite honestly, if you can't make a successful application because you don't know how to find out stuff about the platform you play on then that should form part of the (de)selection process.

I mean, you expect people to provide diagnostic feedback if they can't find their steam id? (Google can be your friend?).

There really needs to be a coordinated effort this year with the forum submissions. Don't think I can do another cluster**** free for all this time. 

Hint to anyone reading: The beta program isn't really there to provide game ideas or direction (unless you are specifically asked). It's too late in the process, it's there to highlight issues with the UI, the gameplay and consequently, any hardware you may be using. 

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Quite honestly, if you can't make a successful application because you don't know how to find out stuff about the platform you play on then that should form part of the (de)selection process.

I mean, you expect people to provide diagnostic feedback if they can't find their steam id? (Google can be your friend?).

There really needs to be a coordinated effort this year with the forum submissions. Don't think I can do another cluster**** free for all this time. 

Hint to anyone reading: The beta program isn't really there to provide game ideas or direction (unless you are specifically asked). It's too late in the process, it's there to highlight issues with the UI, the gameplay and consequently, any hardware you may be using. 

No one asked for a steam ID though, no one asked for a profile link, no one asked for your account name. The only thing asked is "gamertag" that can mean basically anything.

59 minutes ago, UP100 said:

No one asked for a steam ID though, no one asked for a profile link, no one asked for your account name. The only thing asked is "gamertag" that can mean basically anything.

exactly what i mean

4 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

exactly what i mean

5 hours ago, UP100 said:

You can change the Steam gamertag as much as you like. It is linked to your Steam ID which never changes (unless you have multiple accounts). Linking the Steam ID is much better.

'Gamertag' is a much looser description for Steam ID, PSN ID and XBL Gamertag.

ID is for account management, your account is linked to your primary email as a Gamertag is linked to a Microsoft account (which is an email account also).

Stop being obtuse.

On 3/29/2019 at 11:56 AM, Faya said:

Hello everyone,

For the past few years we’ve run our successful F1® Beta Programme, where we invite a select number of you to the Beta to test and give us feedback on future projects. We are always impressed and thankful for the level of detailed feedback and enthusiasm you give us in these Beta programmes.  So without further ado, it’s my pleasure to introduce this year’s sign up for the F1® Beta Programme! The sign up for this year’s F1® Beta is in a new place this time. You’ll find them right here in the forums themselves.

To sign up to the closed Beta, you will need to head to your profile page. To get there; click on your forum name in the top right corner of any forum page and select “Profile” from the drop down menu.

When on your profile page, click “Edit Profile”. You should be able to find the Beta Sign up section after the Social Media part. Please make sure that you read and fill everything out correctly and make sure you have access to the email address associated with your forum account.

Omg😍😍😍

On 3/29/2019 at 10:56 AM, Faya said:

Hello everyone,

For the past few years we’ve run our successful F1® Beta Programme, where we invite a select number of you to the Beta to test and give us feedback on future projects. We are always impressed and thankful for the level of detailed feedback and enthusiasm you give us in these Beta programmes.  So without further ado, it’s my pleasure to introduce this year’s sign up for the F1® Beta Programme! The sign up for this year’s F1® Beta is in a new place this time. You’ll find them right here in the forums themselves.

To sign up to the closed Beta, you will need to head to your profile page. To get there; click on your forum name in the top right corner of any forum page and select “Profile” from the drop down menu.

When on your profile page, click “Edit Profile”. You should be able to find the Beta Sign up section after the Social Media part. Please make sure that you read and fill everything out correctly and make sure you have access to the email address associated with your forum account.

Hope I’m able to get in the beta this year as I haven’t previous years and have been playing for nearly 10 years now

Great news I hope I get picked this time. Lot of us who spend hours and hours playing and accumulating ideas and remarks about the game don't get picked. Now I can understand that but what's anger me is when lots of other poeple who're new and bad drivers get picked

6 minutes ago, theHDcode said:

Great news I hope I get picked this time. Lot of us who spend hours and hours playing and accumulating ideas and remarks about the game don't get picked. Now I can understand that but what's anger me is when lots of other poeple who're new and bad drivers get picked

Less anger and less ideas, you'll be fine.

YES! Hopefully i can get chosen for this year. so we all can let this people what 2019 NEEDS To be ATLEAST ACCEPTABLE. 

Good to see the beta program is back! I was slightly concerned that the release was too soon but evidently you guys chose to run it, which is good. Remember if any of you do get in actually play the game regularly because every year I have done it there is rarely anyone on or reporting bugs just the same few people.

Signed up again for this year and really hoped I'm picked this year! I have a Thrustmaster T-GT that I'm looking forward to Testing out in this If I'm picked! 😍

56364652_432662060817075_5903826688910819328_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Marky264 said:

Signed up again for this year and really hoped I'm picked this year! I have a Thrustmaster T-GT that I'm looking forward to Testing out in this If I'm picked! 😍

56364652_432662060817075_5903826688910819328_n.jpg

Nice set up!