Do you want the FFB fixed?

Do you want the FFB fixed?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the FFB fixed?

• Yes, I want the FFB to be fixed
    • No, I like the FFB as it is

PS4 / T300

There is NO surface detail/vibration except for the cattle grids.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, EvilCee said:

PS4 / T300

Can you feel the back-end get heavy as you go over the general road shape? that's exactly like mine felt before I was able to tweak my ffb settings. Hovercraft was the best way to describe it.

3 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Why do you think people spend upwards of 1-2k on wheels? You think they are spending that amount of money so that they can barely feel a thing through the wheel?

Codemasters tried to mask the really bad FFB by making wheels extremely heavy. Are you still on default settings for your wheel? Are you confusing heavyness for FFB?

What other titles do you consider to have good FFB like DR 2.0?

Theres an answer for the first part but it's not family friendly. 

And no I'm not confusing heaviness for FFB. I'm well aware of what everything is and means having used FFB wheels since 2004 on just about every console and every sim going. And the ones that feel closest to real life are the ones that have less pronounced fake effects. Fake effects which are obviously what people here seem to want, instead of a realistic powered, responsive feel, which is what I believe we currently have. It's a matter of opinion of course but I'm totally happy with how it feels.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 4

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

And no I'm not confusing heaviness for FFB. I'm well aware of what everything is and means having used FFB wheels since 2004 on just about every console and every sim going. And the ones that feel closest to real life are the ones that have less pronounced fake effects. Fake effects which are obviously what people here seem to want, instead of a realistic powered, responsive feel, which is what I believe we currently have. It's a matter of opinion of course but I'm totally happy with how it feels.

What system are you on? The TM TX wheel on Xbox does not feel powered and responsive. I can drive with it but it’s missing road feel and the vibrations are overstated in some cases (cattle grids), and way understated in other situations. It is clear that we are seeing different FFB characteristics across different hardware and platform configurations.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Yet you couldnt name a single game where the FFB stands out apart from DR 2.0? Im not trying to antagonize here by the way im just trying to see it from your point of view. For me games like Assetto Corsa, PCARS 1 & 2, Raceroom & DR 1 are great regarding FFB on the other hand games like Gran Tursimo Sport, Forza (all of them) DR 2.0 are pretty dreadful. 

Is DR 2.0 the pinnacle of FFB then in your eyes/hands?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I also find the ffb fine for the most part, just lacking some vibration from the road surface, which is an option I would like. Didn't answer the poll since neither answer reflects my opinion.

Basically it's the same as DR ffb if you were to turn off the suspension slider in DR, which used to just be road vibration. Now the suspension slider isn't just vibration but that road feel it used to simulate is gone. Not sure why they disabled the suspension and tire slip vibration for wheels as some people like those fake effects and the road vibration made it feel a bit more alive, but the SAT, which is the real meat of the ffb, is the same for me as it was back then.

Edited by Cortextual
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

It just needs a slider for surface detail. Other than that I like it the way it is. But a little more feel when going from tarmac to rutted gravel would be nice.

I just hope if they release a update that it doesn't change the good things about it. Like I said just adding a slider for road feel or surface detail would make everyone happy. 0 if you like it the way it is and 100 if you want a lot of added vibration.

Edited by Rigle
  • Agree 3

I think the whole FFB thing has been completely over exaggerated. Yes, the FFB has some bugs (for some people really big bugs). But, I think a lot of people simply interpret subtle FFB as being bad FFB. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, andmcq said:

I think the whole FFB thing has been completely over exaggerated. Yes, the FFB has some bugs (for some people really big bugs). But, I think a lot of people simply interpret subtle FFB as being bad FFB. 

Of course, people are so stupid... They have a fantastic subtle ffb and they prefer to complain here instead of playing... 

Nope, the ffb is not complete, and people complaining about it are right

Edited by Spacepadrille
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Spacepadrille said:

Of course, people are so stupid... They have a fantastic subtle ffb and they prefer to complain here instead of playing... 

Yeah... a lot of people are stupid. I bet 99% of the people complaining haven't ever raced or rallied a car. Yet they think they know better than Codies?

Now, I know CM aren't perfect at all, but many of the FFB complaints are baseless.

Edited by andmcq
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 9

6 minutes ago, andmcq said:

Yeah... a lot of people are stupid. I bet 99% of the people complaining haven't ever raced or rallied a car. Yet they think they know better than Codies?

Now, I know CM aren't perfect at all, but many of the FFB complaints are baseless.

I agree that there must be a lot of people struggling with a heavy wheel because of the default setting set way too high by CM. I also agree that with a lower SAT (40-50) the ffb becomes more subtle and more acceptable. 

I DO NOT AGREE that most people are stupid or not qualified to play this game because they haven't race in real life ! You are the stupid one saying that imo

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, andmcq said:

People are not using real rally cars as a barometer to measure the ffb in dr2, they are comparing it to DR1 (primarily) and it is inferior to it. Most people were expecting it to be similar, if not then slightly improved.

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, andmcq said:

So all these game companies that try to mimic the forces, The road feel, etc etc that we totally miss by sitting in the house with a kid on steering wheel rather than outside in a real rally car roaming about Wales or GT3 cars going around Brands Hatch are all totally wrong these past 20 years? Whats actually real is having your wheel feel like a disconnected Hyundai i10 city car?

Whats the point in Fanatec DD wheels, Accuforce wheels etc when all we need is a 50 quid wheel that doesnt actually do FFB or very minimal FFB

You must tell Jimmy, Shaun Cole, Gamer Muscle etc they are completly wasting thier time with high end products and its entry level wheels that have got the FFB nailed all these years.

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

So all these game companies that try to mimic the forces, The road feel, etc etc that we totally miss by sitting in the house with a kid on steering wheel rather than outside in a real rally car roaming about Wales or GT3 cars going around Brands Hatch are all totally wrong these past 20 years? Whats actually real is having your wheel feel like a disconnected Hyundai i10 city car?

Whats the point in Fanatec DD wheels, Accuforce wheels etc when all we need is a 50 quid wheel that doesnt actually do FFB or very minimal FFB.

You must tell Jimmy, Shaun Cole etc they are completly wasting thier time with high end products and its entry level wheels that have got the FFB nailed.

I don't get your point. Cheers,

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, andmcq said:

I don't get your point. Cheers,

I can see it now all decent wheels flooding onto ebay with Thrustmaster entry level wheels sold out due to the Andmcq and the Codemasters Defence Force Team showing us the error of our ways all these years.

SMS, Kunos, Sector 3 and all the other sim devs breaking down Codies door to find this magical FFB sauce they have manage somehow to create.

Naaaaaaaaaaat. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

It doesn't need to become a massive divisive issue. Middle ground is what's needed. A lot of community members are relatively happy with ffb, and a lot aren't. However, the ffb was a design choice by codemasters and in order to get it changed it would require both sides of the fence to agree on a sensible ffb adjustment that would please everybody.

I personally feel that overall the ffb is ok, however I would like to be informed through the wheel better when the tires break traction, also a little (but not too much) road noise would be nice. Not too much that I lose the great feeling I currently have with the SAT.

I'll reiterate though that splitting the community as this thread is, is not the way to go about getting an effective change, but rather a thread that welcomes both sides suggestions of improvement until a consensus is reached.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Hired guys who enjoy this game 3-2-1 ... Let hear your opinions how good is a racing game without FFB 😄

Edited by RallyLover19
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, andmcq said:

I did race an N4 Impreza rally car and i can confirm you this game gives you nothing which should come from the road surface via suspension, steerings and chassis.
Simple AF this game should be fixed and people who don't like FFB effects could switch them totally off if they don't need that kind  of information, and all other people should play with sliders to set effects comfortable to suit their driving skills / styles

Edited by RallyLover19
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Yet you couldnt name a single game where the FFB stands out apart from DR 2.0? Im not trying to antagonize here by the way im just trying to see it from your point of view. For me games like Assetto Corsa, PCARS 1 & 2, Raceroom & DR 1 are great regarding FFB on the other hand games like Gran Tursimo Sport, Forza (all of them) DR 2.0 are pretty dreadful. 

Is DR 2.0 the pinnacle of FFB then in your eyes/hands?

Nope it isn't. I like FM7 FFB a lot. Feels very natural compared to driving real cars. iRacing was always top benchmark for me as that also felt very natural and resisted the urge to overblow fake effects. Pcars 1 and 2 I don't like very much at all as games and part of that is the wheel feel not being to my liking, assetto corsa straddles the line for me, it can feel fantastic but in the faster cars can feel really awful. 

I use a G920 on Xbox one currently. Have had T509rs, fanatec GT2 with CSP, g27 and DFP in the past. 

Edited by magpieracer48
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Copied from another forum section but fits here as well..

Meanwhile I got feedback from a guy on Facebook who is using a CSW V2.5 with 918 RSR rim and did some detailed testing after I had asked for it. He found that he is "feeling vibration. Just enough to know there is a surface under the tyres. Also feel landing if i get 4 off over a crest or jump, weight transfer feels good plus other effects such as collision, cattle grid etc."

So this seems to be proof that there actually are users who are getting the (continuous) road surface feedback that so many users are missing.

Also, I got feedback from someone who is using the same wheel (T300RS) on two different platforms. He wrote: "Yesterday, I played Dirt Rally 2.0 both on my PC and PS4. On PS4 my T300RS wheel felt superb, excellent FFB (the wheel’s fans were hoovering all the time and I almost began sweating as I was working the wheel). On PC the fans in the wheel didn’t engage, not even once. The feel on the wheel was ”empty” and non-responsive, hardly any force in the FFB."

I knew i wasnt the only one.. I really couldnt be as quick as i am without a decent feel of ffb.. theres a good feel of weight transition, bumps and  light rumble through different  road surfaces and impacts are fine as well. this is after i tweaked settings to my liking. But unfortunately others here say thats definetely not true... so obviously im full of s..t and really have no idea after 15 years of sim racing and ffb experience... at least thats the opinion of some part of the community over here. Could ffb be just rightly implemented for standard ps4 and doesnt work well on pro? i dont know.. does PC perhaps have most of these issues?.. could there be a diffrence in wheel brand software/firmware? Does a Thrustmaster wheel work right on a xbox one X but not on standard.. who knows. But those things arent questioned here.. its just at codemasters end to fix it  (which it is dont get me wrong, they should sort out how to get a bit more feedback on some points) , but maybe there's more to it than meets the eye. The thing is the reactions here are almost hostile. its like.. i dont have good ffb.. so you cant have it either period.. so yeah.. lets get the laughing emoticons out again! im used to it now..

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Nope it isn't. I like FM7 FFB a lot. Feels very natural compared to driving real cars. iRacing was always top benchmark for me as that also felt very natural and resisted the urge to overblow fake effects. Pcars 1 and 2 I don't like very much at all as games and part of that is the wheel feel not being to my liking, assetto corsa straddles the line for me, it can feel fantastic but in the faster cars can feel really awful. 

I use a G920 on Xbox one currently. Have had T509rs, fanatec GT2 with CSP, g27 and DFP in the past. 

See across the sim community Forza is regarded as having the worst FFB in all sims. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

See across the sim community Forza is regarded as having the worst FFB in all sims. 

Cool stuff. Doesn't change my opinion. 💁‍♂️ 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

It doesn't need to become a massive divisive issue. Middle ground is what's needed. A lot of community members are relatively happy with ffb, and a lot aren't. However, the ffb was a design choice by codemasters and in order to get it changed it would require both sides of the fence to agree on a sensible ffb adjustment that would please everybody.

I personally feel that overall the ffb is ok, however I would like to be informed through the wheel better when the tires break traction, also a little (but not too much) road noise would be nice. Not too much that I lose the great feeling I currently have with the SAT.

I'll reiterate though that splitting the community as this thread is, is not the way to go about getting an effective change, but rather a thread that welcomes both sides suggestions of improvement until a consensus is reached.

I think you're wrong. My intention would never massively divide anything, clearly if we are here is because we are united in DR2.0, and just my intention is to put numbers to a real problem so that it is well visible and not biased.
I celebrate that there are people who are happy with the current FFB.
I think it's an incredible game, I've played 130 hours, that clearly indicates that I'm enjoying it. but 63% of positive qualifications in steam, are numbers that speak for themselves, it is not a whim, and one of the main problems is just the FFB. I feel that this game is excellent, and luckily I have not had the problems of many (I've only had the audio cut some times), so I can only speak good things about this game, except for the FFB. I have read on many occasions Christina say in different media that the team is working on that, I trust that they will reach the desired balance, it's just that 40 days have passed since the launch and the solution does not arrive. I would be very sorry to have such a great game without a good force feedback (in my opinion).
I repeat, the one that tries to divide, is wrong, here we just want to join in this great game!

(sorry if my english is not good, i use so much google traductor for the wrongs)

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, EvilCee said:

PS4 / T300

No, you dont have it with your settings. it is actually there, more subtle then DR1 but its there, and as you can see in the poll there's more people backing this..

Edited by thatDutchguy83
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1