Do you want the FFB fixed?

Do you want the FFB fixed?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the FFB fixed?

• Yes, I want the FFB to be fixed
    • No, I like the FFB as it is

Christina said that there is a "large number of players who are happy with the FFB", we will see the percentage of happy players versus the percentage of players who want the FFB to be fixed. considering that 40 days ago we are waiting for the FFB to be fixed. 

• Thanks 4
  • Agree 3

The FFB is fine as it is. It's more accurate to a real car feel and is very satisfying to play with. 

The poll will be skewed because people are quicker to complain than to praise and there are more people playing than signed up to this place.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 14

8 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

The FFB is fine as it is. It's more accurate to a real car feel and is very satisfying to play with. 

The poll will be skewed because people are quicker to complain than to praise and there are more people playing than signed up to this place.

I do not agree, I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I'm waiting for the FFB to be fixed.

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, elrojodp8 said:

Christina said that there is a "large number of players who are happy with the FFB",

Being happy with the current FFB isn't exclusive of not wanting better FFB.

Currently? I think the FFB is fine, gives me plenty of information and details about the road & car on my G27. Would I like more details of the finer things going on? Sure. Without them does it mean I think the game is broken and not worth playing? Not by a loooong shot. Game is a blast, FFB is good enough for now, physics is awesome, and I've thoroughly enjoyed my first 100 hours in DR2.0

So just because this thread/poll will be obviously skewed since I can't think of a single person in any game that doesn't want better FFB, I'll be the outlier and vote NO. Since I don't want it fixed, I want it enhanced.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 13
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Being happy with the current FFB isn't exclusive of not wanting better FFB.

Currently? I think the FFB is fine, gives me plenty of information and details about the road & car on my G27. Would I like more details of the finer things going on? Sure. Without them does it mean I think the game is broken and not worth playing? Not by a loooong shot. Game is a blast, FFB is good enough for now, physics is awesome, and I've thoroughly enjoyed my first 100 hours in DR2.0

So just because this thread/poll will be obviously skewed since I can't think of a single person in any game that doesn't want better FFB, I'll be the outlier and vote NO. Since I don't want it fixed, I want it enhanced.

I think it's a very valid opinion, although saying that the FFB "gives me plenty of information and details about the road & car" is exaggerated.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

How can anyone like it how it is the now? Its non existent unless you go over a cattle grid :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 4

3 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

although saying that the FFB "gives me plenty of information and details about the road & car" is exaggerated

Depends on what you consider enough feedback I guess. I can feel every change in surface type during a race, I can feel exactly when my front tires are breaking loose and losing their grip, I can feel the second they start to bite back in, I can feel the suspension decompress and the car gets "floaty", and I can feel the transition between fast sweeping sections and the rutted up corner I'm diving.

To me, that is plenty of feedback. Could there be more? Sure, but all of the core feedback I need to race fast is already present in the game. I don't deny that the "surface feel" everyone is complaining about is lacking, but then again I don't really think it should be that pronounced either. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mike Dee said:

Depends on what you consider enough feedback I guess. I can feel every change in surface type during a race, I can feel exactly when my front tires are breaking loose and losing their grip, I can feel the second they start to bite back in, I can feel the suspension decompress and the car gets "floaty", and I can feel the transition between fast sweeping sections and the rutted up corner I'm diving.

To me, that is plenty of feedback. Could there be more? Sure, but all of the core feedback I need to race fast is already present in the game. I don't deny that the "surface feel" everyone is complaining about is lacking, but then again I don't really think it should be that pronounced either. 

Could you share your exact configuration? I have a g25, I have tried all kinds of things to improve the sensation, but I have not achieved it.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Why do you think people spend upwards of 1-2k on wheels? You think they are spending that amount of money so that they can barely feel a thing through the wheel?

Codemasters tried to mask the really bad FFB by making wheels extremely heavy. Are you still on default settings for your wheel? Are you confusing heavyness for FFB?

What other titles do you consider to have good FFB like DR 2.0?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, elrojodp8 said:

Could you share your exact configuration? I have a g25, I have tried all kinds of things to improve the sensation, but I have not achieved it.

I use a variation on MadMaxx's settings; don't remember them all offhand but use this image as a guide and adjust accordingly. I think I used a 52 SAT, 45 tire friction, 60 suspension, 5 collision, and 100% spring/damper strength in the logitech profiler utility app. Make sure you don't have dampers and springs set to 0% in the profiler or you will lose a ton of info.

20190316171835_1.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Yo uso una variación en la configuración de MadMaxx; no los recuerde todos de antemano, pero use esta imagen como una guía y ajústela en consecuencia Creo que usé una resistencia de 52 SAT, 45 fricción de los neumáticos, 60 de suspensión, 5 de colisión y 100% de resorte / amortiguador en la aplicación de utilidad de perfilador Logitech. Asegúrese de que no tiene reguladores y resortes configurados en 0% en el perfilador o perderá una tonelada de información.

20190316171835_1.jpg

Thanks, it is very similar to the one I use, basically I do not have so much "tire friction" and yes I have activated the "steering centre force", I will try the changes.

Edited by elrojodp8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

Thanks, it is very similar to the one I use, basically I do not have so much "tire friction" and if I have activated the "steering centre force", I will try the changes.

Yeah make sure to turn off the Steering Centre Force since it is really bad and hides a ton of the info. The Tire Friction actually works with Suspension to create certain forces so you need to have them both turned up a bit to really see the differences. That and these settings make the wheel very "light" so it feels weird to some people at first, but the light resistance makes all of the other feedback come through a lot clearer.

Also, make sure you don't have any XML changes since they can cause issues with the FFB.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Here on PS4 pro & T300, I use quite similar settings (SAT 45, WF 5, TF 41, Suspension 100, collision 65, Steering centre force YES 12. It's ok to drive fast, the global physic is good, I can feel a lot of things like Mike D said, but frankly something is missing... I want a better FFB 😭

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

How can anyone like it how it is the now? Its non existent unless you go over a cattle grid :classic_laugh:

I slow down and drive over them real slow, just so I can feel the FFB for a moment, lol

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Yeah make sure to turn off the Steering Centre Force since it is really bad and hides a ton of the info. The Tire Friction actually works with Suspension to create certain forces so you need to have them both turned up a bit to really see the differences. That and these settings make the wheel very "light" so it feels weird to some people at first, but the light resistance makes all of the other feedback come through a lot clearer.

Also, make sure you don't have any XML changes since they can cause issues with the FFB.

Thanks, I'll try
I also tried changes in the XML, but I decided to go back to the original, the changes in the XML have to be done by codemasters.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Center steering force doesn’t do anything but adjust the strength of rotation when the car is reset to the track. It has absolutely nothing to do with FFB while driving.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

Center steering force doesn’t do anything but adjust the strength of rotation when the car is reset to the track. It has absolutely nothing to do with FFB while driving.

I'm not so sure, I noticed a difference in spain, where it's imo better to turn it off otherwise you have to fight against the wheel around the center. It was like that before the patch, I don't know now

6 minutes ago, Spacepadrille said:

I'm not so sure, I noticed a difference in spain, where it's imo better to turn it off otherwise you have to fight against the wheel around the center. It was like that before the patch, I don't know now

It has not functioned this way for dirt 4 or dirt rally one. All it does is re-center the wheel when you don't have it centered at the race start or when you reset your car back to the track. It sounds like you have self-aligning torque turned up too high. Should only be stiff at the center during low speeds (It should also be stiff while stopped@starting but this has never been implemented, feedback starts once the vehicle starts moving from the start line.) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

...I can feel every change in surface type during a race, I can feel exactly when my front tires are breaking loose and losing their grip, I can feel the second they start to bite back in, I can feel the suspension decompress and the car gets "floaty", and I can feel the transition between fast sweeping sections and the rutted up corner I'm diving...

With my Thrustmaster T300rs(driver @ default) I can't feel the specific road ruts, but everything you describe I get AFTER I edit the games XML file to ffb=5 and put :

self-aligning torque at 28%
wheel fric 5%
tire fric 50%
suspension 100%
collision 80%

T300rs driver @ default

1 minute ago, Snakeye5 said:

With my Thrustmaster T300rs(driver @ default) I can't feel the specific road ruts, but everything you describe I get AFTER I edit the games XML file to ffb=5 and put :

self-aligning torque at 28%
wheel fric 5%
tire fric 50%
suspension 100%
collision 80%

T300rs driver @ default

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a TM specific issue as I know a lot of other people with the 150 and 300 struggled to get the feel right too. I haven't been able to try a T300 with 2.0 in real life yet so it's hard for me to compare the two, but your settings sound pretty similar to what I've seen people in the Discord use for their TM wheels with matching results.

IMO I think your SAT is too low though, because if I am remembering correctly the Tire Friction should be 80-90% of the force your SAT uses or you will see weird clipping issues with the FFB. MY 2 cents would be drop the XML edit to 2.5-3, bump SAT up to 60%-ish and see if it helps or gives you a cleaner feel. If not keep doing you and run with that XML edit at a 5 until Codies gets back to us with a better fix. 

Posted (edited)

Bad poll. "Do you want ffb fixed" isn't a fair question as it isn't broken.

An appropriate question would be "Do you want additional ffb effects added"

And I would like a couple of extra effects, however the ffb is currently feeling great in terms of informing me of the cars positioning etc, very accurate to real life, however as I'm not getting forces through the seat I wouldn't mind some additional noise effects.

I use a tm t300 on ps4 pro.

Sat 28 seems way to low to me. I run sat at 75

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 10
  • Disagree 7

11 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Sat 28 seems way to low to me. I run sat at 75

Unfortunately PS4 can't make the XML edits that PC can, which explains why @Snakeye5 is so much lower than you. I'll agree though that SAT should be adjusted before XML tweaks are used.

56 minutes ago, Snakeye5 said:

It has not functioned this way for dirt 4 or dirt rally one. All it does is re-center the wheel when you don't have it centered at the race start or when you reset your car back to the track. It sounds like you have self-aligning torque turned up too high. Should only be stiff at the center during low speeds (It should also be stiff while stopped@starting but this has never been implemented, feedback starts once the vehicle starts moving from the start line.) 

I run SAT 45... imo not too high. But it's possible the effect I have noticed was when I was struggling with ffb settings, with a higher SAT 🤔I check this tonight...

"We know we need to strike a fine balance between the large number of players who are happy with the FFB, and those of you who want an experience closer to the original DiRT Rally."  -Christina

2 ffb presets, original and updated. Why would you try to repeat same mistake? 
  • Agree 3

I find the FFB fine as long as I adjust the config file for my wheel from 0.9 to (my preferred) 3.0 setting.

The tarmac is easily the worst part of the game though.

• Agree 1