I have a heck of a time passing the AI cars. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Good question, when you figure out how, let us know please¬†ūüėČ

Long straights are good if you can gain on the AI. They tend to stick to the line but in this version seem to move off line once you are beside them.  You want to set steering assist to minimim or off to be able to use all the track.  There are times they refuse to be passed and will rubberband back ahead.  

Learn to drive with braking assist off also if not already.  They tend to brake early so turns offer opportunity.  Brake off line.  Try different inside/outside lines through the turn.

Keeping the SR at least in the yellow seems to have a calming effect on the bots making it easier to pass.   Driving driving clean, minimizing contact and corner cuts over time makes SR trend up.  Avoid the urge to hit back at players that ram. I also sense making clean passes of the AI helps push SR into the green but not sure.

In full disclosure, how the SR is suspose to work is a mystery to me.  The value often seems often to move randomly, such as go down after a clean qualification race.  I'm guessing there is some kind of rolling average calculation going on over multiple races.  Given the unpredictability of the value, and all the other math bugs in the game,  I think it is likely something is not right with the SR calculation.    

SR is a topic that provokes some strong opinions.  It would be helpful if Codemasters would be more transparent on how SR is suspose to work.

Good racing!

• Agree 1

Thanks for the chuckle in the opening sentence!

Great advice on steering assist. I didn’t realize it affects how much mobility you have on the track. That explains a lot. Ill drop it down to minimum. I’ve been driving with no brake assists since the start. My experience with another tablet racing game taught me the impact on speed that it has. 

Which brings up the third assist... stability. I have it at medium for now and was planning to drop it down to off eventually. How much impact, if any, does it have on speed?

As for the jerks who think it’s a demolition derby game, they don’t bother me. I don’t retaliate. If it means that much to them to win using those tactics, so be it.

As always, thanks mate!!

You may need steering assist on low of it's too much work to keep it on track.

I'm unsure the impact of stability on speed.  I'm not a good enough driver to distinguish that one. 

I keep stability on high for the duels hoping it will help recovery when hit.

For GP events, the Custom cars can probably get by with low or none since they tend to have a little oversteer. Probably depends on track and driving style so something to test.

It's a shame we can't set-up 1:1 races in this game, would be fun to play with people you know.

One more tip in case of use, I mostly use multiple taps on the brake rather than holding it down.  Seems to allow some brake modulation at least for the iPad.  Especially on long sweepers.

• Agree 1

I agree with the tapping... much better than hard break. I’m running it on iPad Pro 2.

i also look for turns where I can just let up on the gas instead of braking... works great.

I started out buying the Red Bull only cuz I was a huge fan of theirs when they were a start up. I’ve since switched to the Mercedes. Corners so much better. No understeer like the bull. 

• Agree 1

i have kept steering assist on full, because you never know when you are going to have a race with DRS available in sochi or singapore.

those track DRS zones will make you hit the wall without full steering assists

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

i have kept steering assist on full, because you never know when you are going to have a race with DRS available in sochi or singapore.

those track DRS zones will make you hit the wall without full steering assists

@61Chevy  fyi -  I don't have the DRS problem so maybe a difference in our driving style, car's evolution and/or setup??

DRS makes the car float like on ice so is a challenge on high speed sweepers.  At Sochi, a sweeper is also off camber.

47349291-594E-4A98-A6E4-8C00529D8FF7.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

On 4/3/2019 at 11:20 PM, StKnowhere said:

@61Chevy  fyi -  I don't have the DRS problem so maybe a difference in our driving style, car's evolution and/or setup??

DRS makes the car float like on ice so is a challenge on high speed sweepers.  At Sochi, a sweeper is also off camber.

47349291-594E-4A98-A6E4-8C00529D8FF7.jpeg

ugh your parts are so leveled

i dont think so though, i have similar distribution of the PI on different areas.

i know i posted a thread about the DRS **** months ago, where it was just impossible to make the turn on the back straight on sochi with DRS on no matter whether you are full aero or full handling setups or your handling/stability settings