Massive Bug in Rally Cross AI timings

Posted (edited)

I always was suspicious of the AI times in Rally Cross. Too often did I win all 4 quali races (with all the cars racing with you in all of the 4 races driving incredibly stupid and slow) and did not even make it into the top 12 as they AI drivers somehow drove super fast times in all the other races I did not attend. And once you do get to the final race, all of the cars having had fantastic quali times, suddenly drive super stupid and slow again.

But now I have video proof that something is terrible wrong with the timings in Rally Cross: AI cars IN THE SAME QUALI RACE finished on P1 in the race results, when actually I was finishing in P1.

See this replay:
https://youtu.be/ka5lie29njs

Russo starts on P1 to the right of me and for some reasons his car does not move at all from the start line. I pass all the other cars, finish P1 and find Russo being listed on P1 on the race results with a 6 seconds faster time!

So bottom line - I am now 100% certain that there is a massive bug with the AI timings in the Rally Cross races!

Small bug I noted as well:
Even when you do not start a stage at all - you give up right away before the start - the car receives damage!

I also still experience Racenet connection issues now and then. As well as sound stopping mid stage now and then. And of course there is still big non existing road surface FBB issue.. : (

And then there are some design decision I cannot understand - like simulating a hand break as a button instead of an analog axes. Or the gearboxes not changing according to the car, or possibility to exchange car setups...

Edited by TangoRacing

I'm on Elite Rallycross career atm, and all the AI times that are not racing in my heat are 5-7 secs faster. When they (the fastest AI) race in my heat they are avg. 5-10 secs slower.

I squeaked into an 11th qualifying spot (on one of this years new tracks, Silverstone I think), but on to win the semi & final by 20/25 secs. 

Love the difficulty to qualify, but seriously an anti climax in the semi & final. Just monotonous.

Doesn't happen on every track. eg. On Hell I absolutely destroy the AI in every race, they can't get close. But on one of the new tracks (Belgium I think) they are crazily aggressive & have incredible grip. I struggle not to come last in every heat with a totally destroyed car lol. 2 tracks and the AI behaviour is polar opposite.

Could be that I know the old tracks so much more, I don't think it is though. If it's not that, I'd prefer newer tracks aggressive AI. It's a hell of a lot more frustrating, but it gives the opportunity to be a hell of a lot more fun if you can survive.

With AI times across the board, surely there is enough stats available regarding global player times on every stage and track by now that can be used to tweak the AI to accommodate difficulty levels for every player. Put Racenet to some use. 

49 minutes ago, TangoRacing said:

Small bug I noted as well:
Even when you do not start a stage at all - you give up right away before the start - the car receives damage!

I also still experience Racenet connection issues now and then. As well as sound stopping mid stage now and then.

Finishing off a weekly event yesterday I binned my car badly towards the end of a stage. The car came away with the worst wheel alignment damage I've had yet, pulling severely to the left. No service available after the stage so straight into the next one, but it started with perfect steering. Is that a bug, or by design? 

Considering the 'hardcore' damage in this game, I think it's by design tbh.

Still get a lot of Racenet issues. At least 1-2 times every time I play. Ridiculous that it's in career & freeplay mode imo.

I still get the sound bug too (Xbox). Happens just as much as it did before the patch that was suppose to fix it. I get it a lot now on daily, weekly & monthly challenges which is just a killer. 

• Like 1

with regards to the RX AI times, Dirt 1 & 3 both had the same kind of problems in the Head 2 Head events, where you can see the times of drivers not racing against you directly, and they are super fast, but when you actually go against them, it's easier.

That's one issue.

But a completely different one is that there is an AI car in the list of results FOR THE VERY SAME RACE I was racing in, in front of me when I actually finished on P1?! That's a massiv bug and should not be possible at all... It happened also in the race before, but I did not check in detail with replay. But the second time I did and recorded, so now it's clear that there is something massively wrong with the AI times in Rally X and it's not only that they have totally different times in other races than they do when you race against them.

yea yea i read that, not had that bug (or much of any to be honest)

but yeah super messed up

Posted (edited)

-ugh double post sorry-

Edited by ianism