Dirt Rally 2.0 real life locations

Posted (edited)

I've found 4 of DR2's 6 locations in the database of rally-maps.com, but even though looking through all of them I couldn't find USA and Australia**. No luck with Google Maps either, but that's the needle in the haystack of course. Does anybody know where these tracks are?

Here are the ones I found in the database (many of them have been used in many rallies, I'll just name one of the real world events):

*DR2 deviates from the original stage by turning left at 22.9km. That location has been used in a lot of rallies with some variations, but none in the database takes that turn there.

**EDIT: Australia has been revealed, see posts below

Edited by DocStrangelove
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DocStrangelove said:
  • Poland: Rally Poland 2018 - Zagórze: SS12+15 (Baranowo) - Zienki: SS4+8 (Stare Juchy) 

I don't think it's right, this map shows the area around Mikołajki, stages that were used in the WRC round of Rally Poland (no longer part of WRC, which makes me very sad), and that's in the north-east part of the country. Those stages can be found in WRC7. The stages in Dirt Rally 2.0 are located more to the south, in Łęczna County, close to the city of Lublin where I live, which used to be a part of the Polish rally event called "Rajd Nadwiślański".

Here you have the Józefów stage on cam: https://wrc.net.pl/video/rajd-nadwislanski-2018-odcinek-specjalny-7-9-jozefow

Edited by danielofifi

I'm positive it's these stages. Look:

1483205818_StareJuchy.jpg.39fa42a77570aa00d6cf5a342aaed0b2.jpgZienki.thumb.jpg.6671d4fc1929bdd0cc6fa823a4fe5827.jpg

Baranowo.jpg.4e351eb4a80c857e071e06d2a3322183.jpgZagorze.thumb.jpg.c1aa95fb6d0914a2949d0467d1031b43.jpg

Wouldn't be the only time they gave the locations misleading names. For example, Hawkes Bay is on the east coast of NZ, but Whaanga (definitely DR2's NZ stages) is on the west coast.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

You can find some parts of the Australia stages in WRC 2017 Rally Australia stage called Nambucca. It got divided to two separate stages in 2018 which use the same roads but thats where I got lost.

• Like 1

The only one who is a mystery at the moment is New England, which I have a hunch that it is not in New England at all

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, N1NjAp0r0 said:

You can find some parts of the Australia stages in WRC 2017 Rally Australia stage called Nambucca. It got divided to two separate stages in 2018 which use the same roads but thats where I got lost.

Thanks! Found it. The other stage is in the same location (they cross at that memorable point), but some of the roads aren't even registered on Google Maps even though you can see them when zooming in, so I can't use the directions function.

1676063352_MountKayePass.thumb.jpg.07a97c866133e759e6e400bbf6715b0b.jpg2070189157_MountKayePassreal.thumb.jpg.141f5f446f36bd6eec35f179f8cf9709.jpg

edit: 23 min? Hah I do it in 15 min

edit 2: Location on Google Maps:

Mount Kaye Pass start: -30.703619, 152.85127

Chandlers Creek start: -30.702161, 152.821328

Edited by DocStrangelove
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

The only one who is a mystery at the moment is New England, which I have a hunch that it is not in New England at all

Someone said here on forum, its based on Michigan road.. he recognised road sign, said its road in Michigan

8 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

Yeah, given the above and that the Nabucca stage is about 500km away from whatever comes up if you google for Monaro, that seems very likely.

Okay, that's pretty confusing to say the least. Why would they do it like this? 😄

6 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Okay, that's pretty confusing to say the least. Why would they do it like this? 😄

It was in order to not make it so close to the actual WRC I believe

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

Maybe trademark issues? So warmińsko-mazurskie can't charge them for royalties? 😋

Edited by DocStrangelove

17 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

I'm positive it's these stages. Look:

1483205818_StareJuchy.jpg.39fa42a77570aa00d6cf5a342aaed0b2.jpgZienki.thumb.jpg.6671d4fc1929bdd0cc6fa823a4fe5827.jpg

Wouldn't be the only time they gave the locations misleading names. For example, Hawkes Bay is on the east coast of NZ, but Whaanga (definitely DR2's NZ stages) is on the west coast.

I can't find these roads on Google Maps 
I did try Szczecinowo to Dobra Wola but that's 300 kms far from each other...

2 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

I can't find these roads on Google Maps

Try these coordinates in Google Maps (just copy&paste into the search box):

Zienki start: 54.000439, 22.167963

Zagórze start: 53.877496, 21.378602

I did try Szczecinowo to Dobra Wola but that's 300 kms far from each other...

That would explain my times...

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

This is cool, I was wondering if anyone had figured out all the stages yet. Thanks for putting in the effort. 

17 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

Zienki start: 54.000439, 22.167963 

Zagórze start: 53.877496, 21.378602

Thank You! Now I'll try to compare this real locations by streetviewto in-game's locations 🙂

• Agree 1

Thank You! Now I'll try to compare this real locations by streetviewto in-game's locations 🙂

Rally Poland 2017 - Baranowo (Zaróbka in DR2):

• Agree 4

wow thanks. looks similar, almost identical IMO
Vegetation, car parks, spectators are less in the game a lot  😄

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2019 at 6:30 AM, DocStrangelove said:

Thanks! Found it. The other stage is in the same location (they cross at that memorable point), but some of the roads aren't even registered on Google Maps even though you can see them when zooming in, so I can't use the directions function.

1676063352_MountKayePass.thumb.jpg.07a97c866133e759e6e400bbf6715b0b.jpg2070189157_MountKayePassreal.thumb.jpg.141f5f446f36bd6eec35f179f8cf9709.jpg

edit: 23 min? Hah I do it in 15 min

edit 2: Location on Google Maps:

Mount Kaye Pass start: -30.703619, 152.85127

Chandlers Creek start: -30.702161, 152.821328

They're probably not on google maps as a lot of them would be access roads for emergency services/parks management in the state and national parks (i.e. they're not public roads and would be behind locked gates outside of the rally events).

Edited by mshagg

This might help. Dirt stage starts at 1:33, I don't know what it's called in game.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

It may be that many stages have real origins, but sometimes I am reminded of Dirt4. Curve combinations (Australia, Spain, New Zealand) and bridges (especially Spain) are repeating, and I can not imagine that in Spain, for example, guardrails will be on the side, but they will then be off on a sharp turn. (Sorry for offtopic)
And the co-pilot was also able to pronounce a "don't cut" when inside guardrails are (hard to see).

These are surely self-constructed and not reality

Edited by Flens07

Posted (edited)

Found another onboard, from New Zealand. Yes, I watch a lot of onboards. Dirt stage starts at 0:45:

And for comparison (not my video):

Interestingly, if you play them both together, from the same point and at the same time, you can clearly see how much more grip there is in DR2, compared to reality.

These are surely self-constructed and not reality

Agreed. They are there to prevent corner cutting/cheating, most probably.

Edited by Pistro
  • Like 1

from around 3:10 (video starts here) is in the game, right? pretty sure i remember those sequences of corners. but for the life of me can't remember the name of the stage in the game