F1 2019 - Has working multiplayer been confirmed as a feature?

Skipped last year due to the multiplayer not being in working order (safety car not working, desync, lag, teleporting, online championships not working, disconnects etc...), as it has been in the last 2 or 3 games in the series. Has there been any word from Codemasters about implementing a working multiplayer mode for this years title?

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

Well, aside from that little teaser in the announcement ("“With the continued growth of the F1® series, it’s great to give players more control and new levels of car and driver customization and we can’t wait to talk more about this alongside the new multiplayer features in the coming months.”"), I haven't read a lot about it. We'll see, I guess we get a first glimpse in the closed Beta as there will be MP to test apparently.

I don't think it can even be implemented in the short term.
There are too many differences between PS4 and PC.

F1 is not like Fortnite :)

Posted (edited)

Plus a working safety car that deploys properly

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 1

I only played F1 2018 (PS4) multiplayer for a few hours, about a month after release, and the only real problem was that there were so few active players and I didn't experience races with a full grid. That's a problem that annually released games have - the multiplayer community is active for a few months, and then it dies off. F1 will never have a consistently active multiplayer community like GT: Sport or Counter-Strike if they fragment the community with a new incompatible software version that costs €60 every 12 months.

Technically, I didn't experience any serious with F1 2018 multiplayer. Compared to Project Cars 2, it was working great.

If F1 2019 could finally have a working Multiplayer mode, that would surely be a nice surprise to me. 

20 hours ago, Hawkeye407 said:

No news?

Why would there be some? They'll know after Beta. We know on release.

• Agree 1

On 4/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, UP100 said:

Why would there be some? They'll know after Beta. We know on release.

They know if they've invested any time making the multiplayer functional - if they choose not to tell us it's safe to assume it'll be just as broken as last years.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1