Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Community improvement priority.

Community improvement priority poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Please select which features or improvements you would like to see implemented as your top priority.

• Running order in career and custom championships.
    • Additional FFB effects.
    • Racenet connectivity.
    • Visual effects improvements such as water, weather etc.
    • Multiplayer lobby customisation (human only races etc).
    • Clubs/leagues.
    • Handling improvements (tarmac).
    • Improved Ai balancing.
    • Additional customisation options in career (hardcore damage etc)
    • Better time of day/weather selection.
    • Audio fx (cut outs etc)
    • Other (please highlight in comments)
    • Communication (as in general increase from codemasters)
    • Graphical issues (console specific blurryness etc)

This thread serves to highlight community priority regarding a number of known issues. Highlight the one you feel is your highest priority fix.

Tarmac handling is clearly the #1

FFB babies will be here soon though 😞

Yea, well it's nice to maybe have a concise priority order for issues from our perspective, might offer friendly direction to our codemasters lot.

I have been reading a lot, as of late, about the AI being unbalanced.

My opinion on this is that actually the AI is about right, if not a little on the weak side- if a pad player like me can win regularly on Master then there is not much of a challenge. Plus this whole thing about a difficulty slider kinda negates the point of the tiered difficulty system... Seems a little silly to me for these things to be requested but I won't judge those who disagree as we all want to enjoy the game. I just wish to air my opinion in the hope that the AI is ruined for me and the others who share my opinion.

Anyone else feel the same?

3 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

I have been reading a lot, as of late, about the AI being unbalanced.

My opinion on this is that actually the AI is about right, if not a little on the weak side- if a pad player like me can win regularly on Master then there is not much of a challenge. Plus this whole thing about a difficulty slider kinda negates the point of the tiered difficulty system... Seems a little silly to me for these things to be requested but I won't judge those who disagree as we all want to enjoy the game. I just wish to air my opinion in the hope that the AI is ruined for me and the others who share my opinion.

Anyone else feel the same?

I believe a lot of people's issues surround the fwd ai. Whilst I haven't experimented much with it, apparently they are faster than WR times.

Oh... I have not come across this.

In the few discussions I have read I took it to mean the AI in general.

I shall have to have a crack with the FWD this eve and have a look... in which case my above 'moan' perhaps was in error.

So the above will stay but pending... I may be made to look quite the fool. XD

AI is not well balanced in career mode. Of course I want a challenge, like in DiRT Rally with Elite and Masters, but some stage times are too fast. In my opinion DiRT Rally was better balanced.

For me graphics and sound are just amazing, so I'm not unhappy with that, but sometimes the performance isn't great, specially when there are people in the stage. I have crowds in medium because of that (playing with a GTX 970 and all other options between medium, high and ultra with 60 fps pretty stable).

FFB is not so great than DiRT Rally, but is not bad. For what I've been reading, Codemasters is working on that so I bet we will have a better experience.

1 minute ago, CarlesWRC said:

AI is not well balanced in career mode. Of course I want a challenge, like in DiRT Rally with Elite and Masters, but some stage times are too fast. In my opinion DiRT Rally was better balanced.

For me graphics and sound are just amazing, so I'm not unhappy with that, but sometimes the performance isn't great, specially when there are people in the stage. I have crowds in medium because of that (playing with a GTX 970 and all other options between medium, high and ultra with 60 fps pretty stable).

I am yet to find this with AI. Sure I have had some stages where I have lost 10+ seconds on the stage winner, but then over the next few stages I will claw that back. 

... I guess its all personal preference, but I like that on career I will get beaten and then have to exercise self restraint so that I dont headbutt a tree straight out of the gates on the next stage. 

I can't comment on the FPS, though, as I am a console player, but I have heard quite a few grumbles about this. For once us console guys get a small win... woo... won't last long though, I am sure. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

I am yet to find this with AI. Sure I have had some stages where I have lost 10+ seconds on the stage winner, but then over the next few stages I will claw that back. 

... I guess its all personal preference, but I like that on career I will get beaten and then have to exercise self restraint so that I dont headbutt a tree straight out of the gates on the next stage. 

I can't comment on the FPS, though, as I am a console player, but I have heard quite a few grumbles about this. For once us console guys get a small win... woo... won't last long though, I am sure. 🙂

I’m sorry but the ai being broken isn’t down to personal preference, it’s objectively broken.

try doing a career mode rally in spain, and compare how the ai performed compared to a career rally in Poland (ideally on eilite or masters)

The ai is also broken in rallycross. During the heat stages the cars in the other heats will be a lot quicker than they are when you actually come to race against them face to face.

Anyway, thanks for making this thread RallyStu, it’s a really good idea.

5 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

I’m sorry but the ai being broken isn’t down to personal preference, it’s objectively broken.

try doing a career mode rally in spain, and compare how the ai performed compared to a career rally in Poland (ideally on eilite or masters)

The ai is also broken in rallycross. During the heat stages the cars in the other heats will be a lot quicker than they are when you actually come to race against them face to face.

Yes.. Poland is just crazy.

9 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

I have completed both elite and master. The AI was easier in Spain than Poland, that's for sure, but we all know the tarmac physics is off, which is probably playing a huge part of that.

5 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

I have completed both elite and master. The AI was easier in Spain than Poland, that's for sure, but we all know the tarmac physics is off, which is probably playing a huge part of that.

Yes could be, it was similar in dr1 wasn’t it, Germany was a piece of cake to win on Masters but the AI  in Greece was a lot more competitive.

2 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Yes could be, it was similar in dr1 wasn’t it, Germany was a piece of cake to win on Masters but the AI  in Greece was a lot more competitive.

Oh God...Greece- my nemesis. I played DR1 from launch and I could never get the hang of that rally and pulled out all of my hair while trying to. Can't wait for it to come to DR2 as my hair is now growing back.

My OTHER list that for me is high prio, listed from highest prio to lowest:

1. The handbrake is 90% digital, this is a problem, and unrealistic.  Requires full scale analog axis like in DR1.0 (it literally was brilliant in DR1)
  2. Pace-notes that come too late in many locations, requires memorization of stages. (previously linked with vid)
  3. In Multiplayer in Monte there are many completely skipped hairpin calls (reported in 1.2 bug thread with video)
  4. Waiting for the servers when clicking through your Career is not fun. (meaning this could/should also be offered offline)
  5. It's not possible to save more setups per car/event than the current 8 (really it's 1.1 setups per event in gravel)
  6. There is an imbalance on the tyre wear/sets vs Event length.  Essentially no tyre conservation, strategy, wear etc.
  7. It is not possible to examine your tyre wear between stages (only at service), and not possible to rotate your spares into use.
  8. Events are too short at 12 stages, no real "masters" rally is that short. (plays into the 2 above)  Makes it worthless often to carry a spare wheel as well. Even in real life stages are run twice to extend the length of events.
  9. Monte ice sections offer too much grip if it is clear ice, about 2x too much.

I'd also add, among many other things, a complete brand new TV camera setting in Replay Mode, where only TV-like stationary cameras spread through the stage are used.

These TV replays would be like this (12:11 onwards):

They position the cameras on places where it can get a close-up of the car for a quite some distance, while keeping the camera stationary. Obviously this might not cover every centimeter of the stage, but that's how it works and these angles are the best.

This would do wonders for trailers, videos and anything related that can be used as DR 2.0 free marketing and publicity.

And tyre wear needs to wear faster.

How did I know what the top option in the poll would be before even clicking this thread lol

5 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

How did I know what the top option in the poll would be before even clicking this thread lol

You can read minds??? Tell me, will you use your powers for good or evil?

(I have a very nice volcano lair for sale if its the latter).

55 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

It was always going to be my top spot. I want to enjoy the feature as it deserves to be enjoyed, I'm no world record hunter so I'm in it for pure immersion. Hnnnngggggg

For me graphics on (standard) PS4 are a big issue! Ive made some recordings and after uploading its even worse.. its like watching dirt 2 on PS3 (OR WORSE). All other things i dont need to mention as they will be adressed (hopes up) 

I believe @ChristinaMc announced that blurryness on consoles is a potential fix in the upcoming patch which is why I didn't specifically post that as an option. 

i voted for other:   please fix the camera shaking settings.   a lot of people don't like it as it is now

1 hour ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

For me graphics on (standard) PS4 are a big issue! Ive made some recordings and after uploading its even worse.. its like watching dirt 2 on PS3 (OR WORSE). All other things i dont need to mention as they will be adressed (hopes up) 

Same here ! +1 for this 

@Rallystu2 please put this option also . Even though I saw what Cristina said about blurrynes on consoles , it was very vague and it’s an important issue 

thanks 

Just wanted to chime in that I reposted this onto Reddit hoping it would generate a bit more feedback too since we all know how vocal the subreddit likes to be... 

I also added a StrawPoll over there for people who didn't want to register on the forums. https://www.strawpoll.me/17740794/r

Figured I'd drop that link here too so we can try to consolidate all of the votes @Rallystu2

Yea I'll combine the two at some point in the near future with a good ol'fashioned pie chart