Jump to content

Community improvement priority.

Community improvement priority poll  

118 members have voted

  1. 1. Please select which features or improvements you would like to see implemented as your top priority.

    • Running order in career and custom championships.
      12
    • Additional FFB effects.
      54
    • Racenet connectivity.
      14
    • Visual effects improvements such as water, weather etc.
      15
    • Multiplayer lobby customisation (human only races etc).
      19
    • Clubs/leagues.
      25
    • Handling improvements (tarmac).
      37
    • Improved Ai balancing.
      36
    • Additional customisation options in career (hardcore damage etc)
      18
    • Better time of day/weather selection.
      32
    • Audio fx (cut outs etc)
      26
    • Other (please highlight in comments)
      10
    • Communication (as in general increase from codemasters)
      14
    • Graphical issues (console specific blurryness etc)
      11


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Yea I'll combine the two at some point in the near future with a good ol'fashioned pie chart

Mmmm I hope it's Elderberry pie... 🤤

 

But yeah, I'd give it a week or so to let both of them fill out, then do a nice recap graphic at the end to post in this thread.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see they are looking for a priority from the consumers, but I think that they need to focus on removal of FFB issues and always online connectivity. Just my two pennies.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Additional FFB effects" ? please get back to DR1 FFB - since the 2 FFB-options are still greyed out, so not working. In DR1 everything worked fine.
I am using a Fanatec Porsche GT3RS V2 wheel btw.
 
Can anyone from CM answer me following questions?
- why are that 2 FFB-options greyed out and why got the game released with that fact?
- why does my and many other wheels have the flag "official=false" in the XML where the inputs are listed?
- why does the game build up on the D4 base system and not on the DR1 ones?
 
greetings
zombie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it's clubs, FFB on tarmac, achievement issues and general responses to stuff just been poor. The game is amazing, but it could just be so much better. It's been very quiet of late from CM about anything from what I've seen, so it would be nice to hear their feedback on the issues, even if they just confirm what won't be fixed and what will be looked at. That's all I want, some actual real communication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well there's obviously a chain of command and a barrier between what they should say, and what they can say. However, through this channel, and this poll we have a slightly more diplomatic and easy to digest approach with some easy to read data that we can slide under noses.

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why people complain about master and elite level are too difficult, and still they wants a challenge?? Top level will never be «too difficult». HOWEVER, a game can never be too easy on easiest level, and that is the biggest problem with this game: In Freeplay the lowest difficulty level is way too hard, and in My team there should be a level that also cater for people that enjoys sim handling even if they’re quite slow and careful drivers. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFB roars to the lead... but apparently most customers are happy with it. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't a place to *****, we are just attempting to collate data for harmonious and understanding community. With this poll we are able to show with pure numbers the main concerns of the community. 

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see better bodywork. The cars can’t be fully wrecked. Also would be great to see if you lose a door or bonnet it carries over to next stages until you repair your bodywork. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kiwiazbro said:

I would like to see better bodywork. The cars can’t be fully wrecked. Also would be great to see if you lose a door or bonnet it carries over to next stages until you repair your bodywork. 

verrrry hard to do that with licensed cars!

 

I picked time of day/weather conditions. I mean, there were other things I picked too, but that's easily my #1. there are more times of day in Historic Championships, why can't we get em in Custom, Career or Community Events? Also, fog and more rain types at all times of day would be cool. the rain also kind of looks like ****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

I don’t understand why people complain about master and elite level are too difficult, and still they wants a challenge?? Top level will never be «too difficult».

Amen. The entirety of DR1 championships was boring as all hell because of how easy it was even at Masters level. It was nothing but a chore to finish all of the Championships, the AI was useless in providing any kind of real challenge. Now, we finally have a competitive AI and people want to weaken it? Sure, let's make Open - Pro a bit easier but stay the hell away from Elite/Master. I finally have a rally game where I'm vying for points and placement, not just sweeping the entire championship. It actually is fun finally to race and you enjoy getting a 4th place finish in an event.

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ianism said:

verrrry hard to do that with licensed cars!

 

I picked time of day/weather conditions. I mean, there were other things I picked too, but that's easily my #1. there are more times of day in Historic Championships, why can't we get em in Custom, Career or Community Events? Also, fog and more rain types at all times of day would be cool. the rain also kind of looks like ****

YeahI know with the licensed cars. I don’t really have any issues with the game so it shows the little things I’m picking up. 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better leaderboards, now everybody is in the same pile. You chould be able to browse the categories like, driving camera, aids, controller.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inoperative camera shake slider with PS4 which cause motion sickness and makes gaming really unpleasant, downright terrible, specially at night stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I think across our polls we have about 600 votes now, so by next week we should have a relatively comprehensive view on community priority regarding fixes and improvements. Thanks for voting if you have! It's much better having raw data than just 'who can shout the loudest' posts.

 

If you haven't voted yet, then have your say, your voice will be heard.

 

Vive le something or other....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seeing as it is the first thing on the list I hope they solve the graphic:classic_sleep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SimFunny said:

Inoperative camera shake slider with PS4 which cause motion sickness and makes gaming really unpleasant, downright terrible, specially at night stages.

Just to clarify, the slider only works in Cockpit Headcam view, not Dashboard view.

The game should make this clearer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, zombienation said:
"Additional FFB effects" ? please get back to DR1 FFB - since the 2 FFB-options are still greyed out, so not working. In DR1 everything worked fine.
I am using a Fanatec Porsche GT3RS V2 wheel btw.
 
Can anyone from CM answer me following questions?
- why are that 2 FFB-options greyed out and why got the game released with that fact?
- why does my and many other wheels have the flag "official=false" in the XML where the inputs are listed?
- why does the game build up on the D4 base system and not on the DR1 ones?
 
greetings
zombie

The two effects are greyed out because, as I’ve said in various threads, they’re for gamepads:

dr2-ffb-xbone.jpg

“Engine” wasn’t even an option in DR1, FWIW, and “Tyre Slip” just made the wheel stiffen up if your rear wheels were spinning with no traction. It only ever had much of an effect from a standing start; during a stage it basically did nothing. Furthermore, having the wheel go stiff when the rear wheels lose traction just competes with SAT, which does the opposite but for the front wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, afahoy said:

Just to clarify, the slider only works in Cockpit Headcam view, not Dashboard view.

The game should make this clearer.

Yes it works with PC what someones posted but I think that with console(s) at least with PS4 that slider do not affect at all.

Hope they fix it and why not with all views, why there must be such a sick and unrealistic shaking?
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35663-do-you-want-a-true-drivervisual-when-in-the-car-of-you-prefer-fake-shaked-camera-visual-on-argentina/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, bn880 said:

Pace-notes that come too late in many locations, requires memorization of stages. (previously linked with vid)

Where abouts is this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Amen. The entirety of DR1 championships was boring as all hell because of how easy it was even at Masters level. It was nothing but a chore to finish all of the Championships, the AI was useless in providing any kind of real challenge. Now, we finally have a competitive AI and people want to weaken it? Sure, let's make Open - Pro a bit easier but stay the hell away from Elite/Master. I finally have a rally game where I'm vying for points and placement, not just sweeping the entire championship. It actually is fun finally to race and you enjoy getting a 4th place finish in an event.

The AI issues are less to do with the overall strength, and more to do with things that are obvious problems:

FWD times that are going quicker than 99.999% of players (not an exaggeration) in lower difficulties. H2 clubman is brutal as a step up from open.

Rallycross AI which is borked.

AI not being affected properly by weather or night.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieselPoweredJo said:

The AI issues are less to do with the overall strength, and more to do with things that are obvious problems:

FWD times that are going quicker than 99.999% of players (not an exaggeration) in lower difficulties. H2 clubman is brutal as a step up from open.

Rallycross AI which is borked.

AI not being affected properly by weather or night.

Like I said, we can look into adjusting it at lower tiers, but stay away from Elite/Masters difficulty. The whole H2 FWD thing isn't a problem with the general AI difficulty, it's a problem with the H2 FWD class being completely bugged and unaffected by tier difficulty - they are just flatout in every tier.

 

Haven't done any My Team RX so I can't comment, but the 100% AI in freeplay is annoying but fun. I wouldn't assume My Team has any reason to be different than that.

 

The weather I will say they AI could be a bit slower, but only like 5-10sec/stage slower for wet stages. They are insanely fast at Masters tier yes, but that isn't a bad thing. It's a great thing, because now there is an actual challenge to Masters unlike before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

FFB roars to the lead... but apparently most customers are happy with it. Lol.

 

16 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

This isn't a place to *****, we are just attempting to collate data for harmonious and understanding community. With this poll we are able to show with pure numbers the main concerns of the community. 

Maybe, but since I posted that 16 hours ago the vote to fix FFB has become an even stronger leader, 4 points clear of the next two in line. Codemasters needs to address it NOW. It's a driving game... having wheels not working properly is a serious problem. Many, like me, have shelved the game until it is resolved - particularly annoying as I paid for the deluxe edition and was looking forward to enjoying all the content as it released. At this stage it looks like we may be through Season 1 before I can even start to enjoy the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×