Community improvement priority.

Community improvement priority poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Please select which features or improvements you would like to see implemented as your top priority.

• Running order in career and custom championships.
    • Additional FFB effects.
    • Racenet connectivity.
    • Visual effects improvements such as water, weather etc.
    • Multiplayer lobby customisation (human only races etc).
    • Clubs/leagues.
    • Handling improvements (tarmac).
    • Improved Ai balancing.
    • Additional customisation options in career (hardcore damage etc)
    • Better time of day/weather selection.
    • Audio fx (cut outs etc)
    • Other (please highlight in comments)
    • Communication (as in general increase from codemasters)
    • Graphical issues (console specific blurryness etc)

2 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

You really don't have to scramble around in the mud looking for excuses for CM, that's their job. To be fair though, there are a handful of you here doing a much better job than they are.

Some of us just grow weary of relentless negativity.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Nearly 800 votes across the parrallell polls now, so we are getting a neat picture and a worthwhile pool of data to take to Codemasters. The next thing to work out is just what certain fixes everybody can agree on.

6 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

You really don't have to scramble around in the mud looking for excuses for CM, that's their job. To be fair though, there are a handful of you here doing a much better job than they are.

you were asking questions. I am trying to provide logical answers, because you seem to be operating under the assumption that they made this mess on purpose or something, which is rather silly, isn't it?

so you're also an *******. not a massive surprise, given the way that you write, but still, noted.

talRb.gif

3 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

The next thing to work out is just what certain fixes everybody can agree on. 

That's Easy: Nobody can agree on certain fixes, so we just need to take the collated data + "other" stuff written out and deliver that eventually.   It's not like people here will actually agree on details of HOW to fix certain things IMO. you'd need many more polls, and a democracy isn't always best for actual technical designs  hehe

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, afahoy said:

Some of us just grow weary of relentless negativity.

Sadly many of them, not knowing the real conseqenses of what that negativity can bring either.

Thinking CM will just rush out and fix stuff, the more negative and harsh people act, the faster they will fix it.

While infact it might, or more certain, will go the opposit way.

Since CM is a company, who must rely on income. And all this non constructive negative critisism, will turn away future buyers.

Said income will not come, so what do companies do when they dont earn money off of something?

Easy math really

• Agree 1

Alrighty, see you all in a week when the next DLC drop disguised as a patch fixes none of the top priority issues.

• Agree 1

The most important things for me are:

1. Fix for the bug with unexpected moments that stop appearing for many people on consoles.

2. Hardcore damage in My Team, at least have an option to turn it on.

3. I want cars to be dirty, no automatic cleaning between stages. 🙂

Those three things are breaking my immersion in the game and they should be easy to fix in my opinion... Personally I can accept the weak force feedback, I can even accept the blurriness on PS4 and crazy AI difficulty. I would like there to be improvements in tarmac handling, but let's be realistic, that's not going to happen. 

• Agree 1

On 4/4/2019 at 10:18 AM, Pieman99 said:

I’m sorry but the ai being broken isn’t down to personal preference, it’s objectively broken.

try doing a career mode rally in spain, and compare how the ai performed compared to a career rally in Poland (ideally on eilite or masters)

The ai is also broken in rallycross. During the heat stages the cars in the other heats will be a lot quicker than they are when you actually come to race against them face to face.

Anyway, thanks for making this thread RallyStu, it’s a really good idea.

So, over the weekend, I did some experimenting on career, using different classes- R5, R2, Upto 2000cc and Group A... I did at least two rallies per experiment to test the AI and clarify my previous opinion regarding my notion that the AI was not broken.

Well... egg on my face.

The difference between classes is remarkable. 

Upto 2000cc... I win regularly.

R5... between 5-20 seconds off the pace per stage.

R2... ***, not even close. 

Group A... challenging but not unbeatable.

Now, I took sometime to set up my cars properly (Setting top 20 times for the most past in time trail, top 50-100 for my weaker cars), so I can say that I had good enough setups and a good understanding of the cars driving characteristics.

The difference in AI competence during rallies was profound also. Using Poland and Spain as a comparison, in all classes, the AI excelled in Poland and were very weak in Spain. Even in 2000cc, I did not win a stage in Poland yet dominated in Spain. 

I suppose, in light of this, I should retract my earlier notion about the AI and surmise that maybe it is a little broken (I have a penchant for understatements). Still, I have to admit- I love the R5 AI. In order to win I will have to set times equivalent to my time trial times... something that I am yet willing to do as I hate binning it, but I suppose that is the point of the game- its a challenge.

Still, I am always willing to admit when I am wrong, and this time I was certainly wrong. 

Oh, and while I am here...how the hell am I 15+ seconds off the pace at MC on time trial- those guys must be going like mad to get those times! Much more practise needed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2019 at 8:21 AM, JesseDeya said:

Alrighty, see you all in a week when the next DLC drop disguised as a patch fixes none of the top priority issues.

Whelp, I hate to say I told you so, but we just had a 10GB "patch" (DLC drop in disguise) with superficial fixes. In order of priority from this poll:

FFB - Not addressed

AI Balancing - Not addressed

Tarmac handling - Not addressed

Better time of day selection - Not addressed

Audio cut outs - Addressed... but not fixed.

Clubs/Leagues -  Not addressed

Multiplayer customisation - Not addressed

Career customisation - Not addressed

Visual effects improvements - Not addressed

Communication - Still woeful

Racenet connectivity - Not addressed

Running order in career and custom championships - Not addressed

Graphical issues (console specific blurryness etc) - Partially addressed (PS4 Only)

I was wrong about one thing though, it took WAY longer than a week for the patch to arrive.

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@ChristinaMc  this is the original poll, it would be good to know if you are using it also in your fix priority data.  because the new poll is missing some entries on purpose and doubled up FFB.

Edited by bn880

3 minutes ago, bn880 said:

@ChristinaMc  this is the original poll, it would be good to know if you are using it also in your fix priority data.  because the new poll is missing some entries on purpose and doubled up FFB.

Don't worry, we've got this too! We've got all sorts of data (including behavioural data too), which we're using to inform how we approach things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Since the poll only allows 1 answer, I'd like to add that IMO next to the FFB fix, having the tarmac physics improved should be of equally high priority. Also being able to lower the FOV on consoles would be very nice.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, bn880 said:

What are you five? Lol.

The only thing you seem to think it missed was hardcore damage (8th out of 13 here), even though this poll actually called it "Additional customisation options in career", hardcore damage is just a small subset of that. I called it "Fully customisable events in Career mode", nothing was missed "on purpose", nor does this poll cease to exist just because I created a different one for a different pupose - the data is still here - not sure why you have be so immature about it.

FFB wasn't 'doubled up', it was split into two delivery options. For everybody else it was pretty obvious why. FINAL being the result CM are completely "happy" with (but may take an extraordinarily long time to deliver) and Work-In-Progress (WIP), which is an option where some gross changes are made that people could experiment with and see if they can have a more enjoyable experience. If anything, having two FFB options split votes (not inflated them), and I have not combined them for the total vote count - nor did I need to, the individual results speak for themselves. 

7 hours ago, doeternitoeV10 said:

Since the poll only allows 1 answer, I'd like to add that IMO next to the FFB fix, having the tarmac physics improved should be of equally high priority. Also being able to lower the FOV on consoles would be very nice.

The poll allows more than one vote.

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Like 1