DIRT 2.0 MAJOR ISSUE WEEKLY/MONTHLY CHALLENGES

Question

Hi all, I'am having a nightmare with doing weekly and monthly challenges, main issue is after doing the first stage, every stage after that the car floats off of the ground and is pretty much undrivable.

There are loud banging and crashing sounds for no reason, the rear floats up in the air hoovering or jams into the ground, invisible barriers which won't allow the car to go any further and basically won't move once this happens, no steering etc.

Happens with all cars not matter which country, was doing it for a week intermittently when the game was released then stopped for a week but now its just constantly all the time.

I have it on PC,  not sure if specs make a difference but here they are,  i7 6700k, asus maximus viii hero, asus strix 1080ti oc, ripjaw 32gb ram, samsung 970 pro ssd m.2, 6tb seagate barracuda pro.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it three times but it hasn't made a difference.

Any help with fixing this would be greatly appreciated as its a fantastic game, it's just this issue is making it very very frustrating. 

6 answers to this question

Hey @stigkingcode187

We have logged this issue in our database and have identified the cause, long story short the collision mesh for the spoiler/rear wing would become placed under the car causing it not to drive properly.

Restarting the stage seems to be the best current work around for this issue 🙂

https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/1839063537802261070/

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately it only happens to every weekly and monthly challenge so no restart is possible, the only thing i can do at the moment is the first stage then retire from them, there is no option before the repair intervals to quit back to the main menu and you have to do 2 to 3 stages before getting to one.

Half the time the car won't move from the start line so i just get disqualified, thanks again for the reply

Edited by stigkingcode187

I get this issue often too. Pretty much every day. Today I drove Argentina monthly. Stage 1 ok. Stage 2 stuff like the opening post, stage 3 ok, stage 4 I get disqualified because I cant get the car moving.

I also got my weekly ruined for this same reason. Please fix this. NOW !

Weeklys and monthlys are unplayable at the moment.

Haven't got this problem with in-car camera view. Not once. Try that until this is fixed, maybe it works 🙂

Edited by Lollerke