Sign in to follow this  

Suggestion: Can We Please See Stage Time and Weather Conditions in Advance for the Dailies?

As the title says. There is currently no way really to see the stage length, time of day, and weather conditions for the daily events before actually getting into the service park. I know for the longer challenges (weekly etc.) this doesn't make sense, but for the one-shot-one-stage ones this type of info can make a significant difference as to whether or not someone might choose to do it. Not only does it waste time going into the event but the only option you have then once you're in the service park is to retire which gives you a DNF. and then you have to waste more time going back to the main menu.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

...I know for the longer challenges (weekly etc.) this doesn't make sense...

Yes it makes sense, I wouldn´t even open challenges if there are over 50% night stages (like it´s at this moment with weekly and monthly) and also hate Argentina because camera shake slider do not work with PS4.

I like the way it is now, that's all unpredictable. I don't like to drive in rain at night but I know that the other drivers will also have to cope with the same difficulties. And, a good result on a difficult stage is mire rewarding.

Another thing is that driving in hard conditions is a good practice. I admit that with an option to preview the conditions I wouldnt enter some challenges. But I dont quit one just because I dont like a particular stage.

Buckle up, visors down and go for it!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

I miss the individual stage times/rankings showing after each stage, followed by the overall rally times in a weekly & monthly.

It was available in DR1, but removed for D4 & DR2 for some reason.

Can We Please See Stage Time and Weather Conditions in Advance for the Dailies?

I think they're all hidden to help prevent people grinding out Time Trials before doing their "real run" in the Daily.

That's my guess as to the reasoning behind it anyway.

• Agree 3

I think this is necessary for Weekly and Monthly, because those take a while.

Dailies don't need it, it's just a 3-10 min race

personally, knowing the conditions won't affect whether I want to do it... I'm going to be making love to the ditches and guardrails either way

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ianism said:

personally, knowing the conditions won't affect whether I want to do it... I'm going to be making love to the ditches and guardrails either way

Haha that sweet, although sometime very expensive love

I think it should be hidden. But I would like to have a Sprint/Long option to be viewable. I can't count how many times I have alt-f4'rd out of the game because the daily was a long stage where I didn't have time to complete it

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I think they're all hidden to help prevent people grinding out Time Trials before doing their "real run" in the Daily.

That's my guess as to the reasoning behind it anyway.

makes sense, didn't think of that.

it's still annoying when you get into an event you don't want to do though, especially when it takes so long to load an event, connect to racenet etc. 

only for you to see it's a 16km stage at night in heavy rain or something.

5 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

But I would like to have a Sprint/Long option to be viewable.

i'd like to see this too at least. sometimes i just don't feel like doing a long stage.

i don't do a lot of dailies to be honest, due mainly to not being able to see the weather conditions/time of day and how long it takes to get into and out of the events (and Racenet issues .... ) but do they even have shorter stages in them? they always seem to be the longer ones.

Edited by Tranzitive

you can generally tell if an event is a long or short stage based on how big the reward is. it's based on length in km, so locations with the longest stages (Spain, Poland) have the biggest rewards. Argentina has the shortest long stages of ~8km, so keep that in mind

this applies to weekly and monthly stages too, as far as I can tell. a weekly event of less than 200 000 credits will have fewer stages and/or shorter stages.

the deluxe events have bigger rewards per km. not sure how much exactly, but it's about 1.5x

• Agree 2