Suggested Dirt Rally2.0 Improvements

1. Make Championship career mode difficulty go back down a level after losing at a higher level, as in Dirt Rally1.

2. Move certain cars POV dashboard view closer to the window so there is more visible area as was the case in Dirt Rally1, but for many cars in 2.0 it is too far back from the dashboard.

3. Get rid of the dark visors above window that block the view in many cars.

4. In the "hood view" the lens glare is too bright and makes it impossible to see the road at times. So lessen that effect.

Other than those, it's a great game that I am now playing more often this week than last week.

I still tend toward playing Dirt Rally1 a lot, as I really hate the dashboard views of many vehicles in Rally2.0, and not being able to take a step down in difficulty placement in career mode. I'm coming in the between 17th and 23rd place all the time in professional level, and losing all my money to repairs as well, while not earning enough because of low placing.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, MonomoMonakma said:

1. Make Championship career mode difficulty go back down a level after losing at a higher level, as in Dirt Rally1.

2. Move certain cars POV dashboard view closer to the window so there is more visible area as was the case in Dirt Rally1, but for many cars in 2.0 it is too far back from the dashboard.

3. Get rid of the dark visors above window that block the view in many cars.

4. In the "hood view" the lens glare is too bright and makes it impossible to see the road at times. So lessen that effect.

Other than those, it's a great game that I am now playing more often this week than last week.

I still tend toward playing Dirt Rally1 a lot, as I really hate the dashboard views of many vehicles in Rally2.0, and not being able to take a step down in difficulty placement in career mode. I'm coming in the between 17th and 23rd place all the time in professional level, and losing all my money to repairs as well, while not earning enough because of low placing.

It’s the AI that needs to be tweaked, it’s practically impossible when you reach Elite or Masters lol they need to tune the AI sane as it was in the first, theypost unbeatable stage times even when I maximum attack, I hold a world record on PS4 and I got to that location with the same vehicle in career to see how it was and I finished 30th in every stage, maybe 27th or so if other cars have retired, so to hold a record and be no where near the impossible times on Elite, I can only imagine the stupidity of attempting Masters. Except I couldn’t get there until it’s fixed anyway, also in DR1 there was more flexibility with the “top runners” where as in this they always get 1st 2nd 3rd, barely ever see one of the main 3 leaders drop out of a podium, big issue for me

i also kind of agree with the demotion in career but as long as they add other places for us to upgrade our cars, sometimes il do the first location in a car to upgrade it then abandon championship seeing as it’s impossible to beat, i think it’s the only way to upgrade besides the daily’s etc, but the classes there are always pre selected and most of the time it’s the damned H1 or H2 FWD hope to see that get a lot more diverse, at one point I saw a daily, 2 weekly’s and 3 monthly’s all with H1 class, come on Codemasters these 3 cars get a bit boring after a while lol they’re good to start the game with as you learn the stages and get a feel for the game but that many is silly, especially as they’re the only way to earn money right now considering career is unbeatable, I want to see more H3 RWD, Group A or Bs, more R5s and RGTs, classes with a larger selection of cars with much longer upgrade progression to max

As for the RX, you stand apart from the masses but at least you will be getting more in season 2, imo the reason your probably crying for more RX is because the 40sec tracks bore quickly even with mates, so you need new content, and that’s the general issue with RX, it’s fun but it really doesn’t last once you’ve done 50 laps over and over at leach location, I’ve upgraded the 1600s and half of 1 RX Supercar and I’m finding it a chore to ffully upgrade it, everyone wants more Rally inc me, and if you burn out of that trying to get top 100, give yourself some more credit and knuckle down for top 50 attempts, I go for top 50s, happy if I’m there, can average top 10-30 if no mistakes so I’m in the mix with wheel users lol 

• Agree 1

Some cars' dark visors are truly blocking the view, the Ford Fiesta R2 for example . It daunts me with its visor which covers up more than half of the screen.

• Agree 2

I think it would be helpful to show tyre wear either before or after every stage when there isn't a service area. It is impossible to know what state your tyres are in when no service. 

I find that tyre wear can be inconsistent, for example, when taking part in a weekly community event on Wednesday 11th April the second stage was the reverse of the first with a service after both. After the first my tyres were like new but I changed them anyway, after the reversed stage my tyres were totally worn away. Surely the tyre wear shouldn't be so different when conditions, weather and compound were the same? 

Posted (edited)

Well, obviously the night stages. Have one night stage per rally. Seriously. Who does rally in the darkness?
And related to this - I find the headlights kinda useless. They hardly light up the road.

And yes, the AI is absolutely impossible.

Custom championship manual gearbox only - what's that all about?

Edited by Kefdude

My suggestion would be to get the game actually working. These startline bugs are horrible and ruin any chance of doing weekly/monthly.

• Disagree 1

On 4/12/2019 at 1:37 AM, camdaz said:

I think it would be helpful to show tyre wear either before or after every stage when there isn't a service area. It is impossible to know what state your tyres are in when no service. 

I find that tyre wear can be inconsistent, for example, when taking part in a weekly community event on Wednesday 11th April the second stage was the reverse of the first with a service after both. After the first my tyres were like new but I changed them anyway, after the reversed stage my tyres were totally worn away. Surely the tyre wear shouldn't be so different when conditions, weather and compound were the same? 

Was the track surface degradation the same? If so then add it to the long list of bugs lol I agree with wanting to see the tyre ware between stages too, though if it’s bugged I’m not sure it would really matter, what I’d like to know is. Has anyone tried just keeping the same set on indefinitely and seeing what happens? Do the tyres blow out I haven’t really checked, I’ve used softs over a few long stages before and noticed a difference in the grip but haven’t true to see how far the tyres can be pushed before they blow 

6 minutes ago, masa90 said:

My suggestion would be to get the game actually working. These startline bugs are horrible and ruin any chance of doing weekly/monthly.

Start line bug?

1 minute ago, Shmeefly said:

Start line bug?

I mean this.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, masa90 said:

I mean this.

Hahahahaha OMG I’ve never had that happen to me thankfully, dude that sucks, and thanks for getting back to me that quickly, yea I would be seriously naffed off if this happened to me on a daily etc

On 4/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, masa90 said:

I mean this.

i had this or something similiar happen to me on PC and it ended up being more than one input binded to my handbrake at the same time.  Never happened since.