Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 soon !

What do you think of the new F1 game which will release in June ? Will it be better than F1 2018 ? What’s your thought ? 

Going on previous titles I really think the games have been going from strength to strength every year and can imagine F1 2019 will be another step forwards. Really pleasantly surprised to see the release date being brought forward this year too 🙂

It will be awesome cant wait to see more about the game and finally have the chance to play in summer when i have free time

Better than F1 2018 ? That seems sure to me.
My only question is : will this be the first big realization of Codemasters and F1 partnership ? Since Codies started to developp their games in 2009, I was always a bit skeptical of the games' boundaries as F1 (especially under Ecclestone) was quite picky about what could and couldn't be done in a game. For example, the approval of car's designs in the game seem to have taken months and I even think it can explains some of the previous delays.
But also through each game, the boundaries were being pushed little by little which can definitely see signs of F1's management trusting more and more Codies about what to do.

In 2018 this new Career mode with the media and evolution aspects was a great first sign of this realization : F1's management accepted (and so teams) that Ferrari could look terrible after the 3rd year in your game, or that each or each driver (which has sponsors) can look great or bad too.

So for 2019 I expect more on this aspect. I don't think we will have driver transferts or teams' creations/modifications in Career mode (one of the two only would already be HUGE) for this year, but I do think from the first teaser, and also old TomHD videos about codes in 2018's game, that we will have a F1/F2 career mode linked together. Maybe not FULL career, maybe a bit more like exhibits F2 races here and there in some forms of "Beat the Time" or "Pass X drivers before Y number of laps" (as we already have with Classic Cars) but I don't think they'll do that.

For the other sides, I was expecting F1 2020 to be the Revolution game for Codies as to follow the next generation but maybe this will be actually the 2019 one as they insisted a lot on their partnership with F1 coming to great results and the works of 2 years (That also makes me say that we may see VR in 2021). What could that mean ? A completly revamped F1 2018 ? A complete new game straight from the ground ? I expect some news next week.

Since they mentioned it's been two year in the works, I'm expecting big things. New (or at least seriously upgraded) game engine, and massive new gameplay elements.

1 hour ago, pijin said:

Since they mentioned it's been two year in the works, I'm expecting big things. New (or at least seriously upgraded) game engine, and massive new gameplay elements.

I think you will be very, very disappointed! 

Maybe.. nothing wrong with being optimistic though 😄

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, pijin said:

I do think there will be a new game engine, some bugs are still running in F1 2018 back from F1 2015 and some other reappeared-disappeared at each game launch. The base engine was maybe flawed, and it's sometimes better to go back from scratch.

Edited by MaxSpiltz

I don't think the question is if it will be a good game. It is already a good game, but it has problems, especially online. If codemasters can avoid these problems with the two year development schedule, it would bring the f1 games on the next level.

The handling was a nice upgrade over 2017 so i hope that's been further refined. I also hope that F2 is actually in and that we haven't got our hopes up for nothing. Finally, multiplayer safety ratings and penalties need an overhaul as it's still too easy for griefers to cause havoc.