Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019+ graphics: will we see games optimized for PC?

Hey everyone,

I'm a recent gaming convert from XBox One X to PC for sim racing.  I purchased a gaming PC from NZXT with a 2080 GPU and I'm just blown away by its ability to render outstanding graphics in AAA titles (not just sim racing) & by the overall smoothness of gameplay with 120 FPS.  Now that the F1 franchise has been cast in the spotlight in terms of e-sports and is gaining in popularity I was wondering if Codemasters had any plans to make the game really shine and take advantage of the newer generation of GPUs.  I am not naive and I realize that the bread & butter in terms of annual revenue comes from console gaming but it seems like the PC would be the best place to really showcase a premier edition of the game.  The current graphics are certainly ok but they don't really do justice to a the sport in terms of overall realism... especially in terms of character rendering.   I'm such a diehard F1 fan that I'll buy the F1 game every year but I'm crossing my fingers that we see major improvements in F1 2019 and beyond.  

Graphics have always been sadly subpar in CM's F1 titles, I would love to see the cars shimmer and shine but CM's colour palette makes the cars look like they were drawn with pencil crayons...

• Agree 1

I don't tthink graphic is that important. i mean, graphic never was an issue for the F1 games. CM should focus on other things like online and bugs.

Graphics are great but i cant say that for the collor palete hope they will make the cars look more lively

I hope they fix that issue for triple screen when you have massive drops in cutscenes where are two characters on screen and frames drop to 20

13 minutes ago, Neomo said:

I hope they fix that issue for triple screen when you have massive drops in cutscenes where are two characters on screen and frames drop to 20

Morning. Is that an issue or is the computer unable to render the scene on such high resolution?

In game i have 60fps, replay only sometimes drop to 40-50 si if its harder to render 2 person on pit than 20 cars than ok.

Depends if it's dropping cause the graphics can't keep up or the cpu is lagging or the games software is lagging, there's a million reasons to cause that, what are your pc specs?

34 minutes ago, Neomo said:

In game i have 60fps, replay only sometimes drop to 40-50 si if its harder to render 2 person on pit than 20 cars than ok.

This can be the case as I've always had much more FPS with 20 cars compared to few humans as humans need to be animated and simulated in a very different way compared to vehicles.

Have you tried turning your settings down to see if it's the resolution, or just that your PC isn't fast enough or something?

i7 4790 and 1080 but its rally funny for me to see that dropping in that moments.Logically I would expect drops on scenes where more objects appear and no on scenes where you see few characters :classic_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, Neomo said:

i7 4790 and 1080 but its rally funny for me to see that dropping in that moments.Logically I would expect drops on scenes where more objects appear and no on scenes where you see few characters :classic_biggrin:

That doesn't answer my question though. Also remember you're playing with triple screens... Usually cutscenes also like to render stuff that you cannot really see on your screen compared to the optimized gameplay.

On single screen runs good ofc

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, Neomo said:

On single screen runs good ofc

I asked for you to actually lower your graphics settings and keep the resolution in order to determine could it have something to do with the triple screen resolution, or is it simply that the computer cannot run it 🙂 

Need only better AA filter and nothing else for top quality graphics.

That tyre ghosting with TAA on needs to be rectified as well. I hope FXAA returns, like we had in 2017.

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, UP100 said:

I asked for you to actually lower your graphics settings and keep the resolution in order to determine could it have something to do with the triple screen resolution, or is it simply that the computer cannot run it 🙂 

He probably doesn't run triple screens only a single one Very few people can afford the money or space t orun triple screens I know I certainly don't have either. 

As for the OP question I think the F1 games are mostly made with consoles in mind and on a build that can be shared across all platforms rather than just one same as with all the yearly based release games like FIFA plus CM probably fdon't hav the resources t odo thimgs that way like some other com,pani4es do given it's a tiny company compared with the likes of EA

Edited by sjsharp2010