Sign in to follow this  

no more marshall please

i don't like to drive to the Marshall at the end of a track. Could we get a finish line animation sequence like in DR please, optionally?!

• Disagree 6

Have you tried with the time control braking set to 5? That assists you as you cross the line. A lot of us requested the flying finish to be included, but I suppose there no harm having an option to disable it, unless that gives an unfair advantage online as you can fly across the line without consequence if you hit something.

• Agree 1

Yeah im not much of a fan of it either especially as you drive up to the marshall and stop and hes still waving you in like a lunatic. Id like to see an option to turn it off it doesnt add anything to the game imo.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Yeah im not much of a fan of it either especially as you drive up to the marshall and stop and hes still waving you in like a lunatic. Id like to see an option to turn it off it doesnt add anything to the game imo.

He stops waving and motions his hands for you to "stop" when you get close enough. You won't see it if you blast past him at 150 though.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Porkhammer said:

He stops waving and motions his hands for you to "stop" when you get close enough. You won't see it if you blast past him at 150 though.

I use the brake 5 option and it never lets you go by him. He waves constantly.

I really enjoy stopping by the marshal personally, HOWEVER, several stages, esp in the wet, it's very unsafe to do so 😛  Would need longer runoff ...

I'm 50/50 on this, if anything it should be an option you can disable in clubs I think at the very least. The reason it's in here though is to stop people from blasting the finish line in 6th gear and essentially wrecking their car while getting a free pass onto the next event. This forces you to actually be in control and not do some wild cuts that result in unfathomable finish scenarios. 

• Agree 3

That makes sense then but weird they would leave it out of time trial and only have it in the single player career. Surely it should be the other way around so you have to be in control and not be able to do some wild cuts when posting times on the leaderboards. Single player what does it really matter?

• Agree 1

I really like the marshall, makes the game more realistic because you can't just fly through the finish like like there was no tomorrow. Dirt Rally is about simulation, which many people seem to forget...

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FLAW3D said:

That makes sense then but weird they would leave it out of time trial and only have it in the single player career. Surely it should be the other way around so you have to be in control and not be able to do some wild cuts when posting times on the leaderboards. Single player what does it really matter?

Because time trial is a single stage using a “borrowed” car, so what you do to the car after you’ve set a time doesn’t matter.

In career and online events, you’re using your own car and probably have further stages to run afterwards, so any damage you do or penalties you incur after crossing the line matter.

Edited by afahoy
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

One of the Best part of Dirt Rally 2.0! It really gives you more authentic rally feelings! Do not touch it!

I hate DR and WRC games  flying finnish, when doesn't mean which angle and speed cross the line and may you  wreck your car wo penalty.

I wish marshalls for hot lapping enabled too, because now used flying finish let's you cheat!

Edited by RallyLover19
  • Agree 2

Some people in internet just doesn’t like things xD

This is Rally, and this game is a simulator (a good one) so it does not make any sense to just go pedal to the metal like there is no tomorrow in the finish line.

• Agree 4

I really like this feature too, certainly hope it's not removed - there are a couple of stages where the distance is too short IMO and the finish boards are waaay too solid, but that's the only critique I have.

• Agree 5

am i the only one that runs over the marshal at the end of the race?

race ends instantly if you run him over, lol

the super short distance to the marshals in DR1 always gave me anguish, always felt like I should back off at the end (even though obviously it didn't matter)

The game is already too fast in my opinion, just brainless fast driving, this things makes the game more realistic and unforgiving, a lot of times in real life you need to brake before the finish, it is just another corner.

I would like the game to be much more harmful in terms of damage, ruts, grip, random huge rocks, here you can cut everywhere and there isnt any problem, rallying isnt driving just flat out like crazy everywhere.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ch3sty said:

Cmon mate this part is supposed to be realistic please take it seriously.

3 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

The game is already too fast in my opinion, just brainless fast driving, this things makes the game more realistic and unforgiving, a lot of times in real life you need to brake before the finish, it is just another corner.

I would like the game to be much more harmful in terms of damage, ruts, grip, random huge rocks, here you can cut everywhere and there isnt any problem, rallying isnt driving just flat out like crazy everywhere.

Lets see a video of you flat out at every location.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Lets see a video of you flat out at every location.

I have some world records, but that is not the point dude, i didnt said it was easy to drive flat out, just that driving flat out everywhere is not rallying, in rallying you need to survive, not hotlapping, drive a stage in poland and then see a onboard from a WRC driver in Stare Juchy or Baranowo depending on the stage you have driven, and you will se what I am saying, WRC drivers are 300% better than anyone here and you will think they are pussys

• Agree 1

I prefer driving to the marshals to a cinematic flying finish . It gives me a sense of realism.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2019 at 9:55 PM, ch3sty said:

I always head for the Marshall , even at full speed. As soon as you hit him , their are ZERO CONSEQUENCES, Unlike trying to stop !!!

Edited by Lexrax_VR
  • Haha 1