Sign in to follow this  

Playing against bots or real players

As I got bored I decided to do an experiment. I went all the way back to league 8 to see how much I had improved. And I noticed something strange. As expected, I won most races by 10-15 seconds difference. But, more often than not the PI of my opponent was more or less the same as mine (1200-1300). Now, I it is possible that I would beat real players like that by margins this large, but not so often as I experienced. Also, these opponents seem to stay in P6 or P7 in grid starts and sprint races; weird if all the AI-cars are so relatively slow.

My assumption is that these are bots and not real players. But if that is the case, the ratio between real players and bots seems to be way off, I think (at least in the lower leagues) I am driving against way more bots than people. Or is there another explanation? Is there any way to be certain whether you are racing against a real human or a bot?

• Agree 2

Good observation, all cars except opponents are bots, and often opponents are bots.

Bot's are often #22 and have limited graphics, but not always.  Opponent Bot's don't get engine slow downs. If you see your opponent flash yellow, it's probably a real player.

Bots seem to get more competitive as you advance.  Also seem to be more aggressive when the SR is in the red. 

I see more bot's than not, network speed/lag may be a reason.

• Agree 1

Sometimes it is a bot, but sometimes is a real person.

For example in Austria I have seen the opponent do the "advanced lines" around the first and second corner which means it's probably a real person, bots will stick to the track.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Farroww said:

Sometimes it is a bot, but sometimes is a real person.

For example in Austria I have seen the opponent do the "advanced lines" around the first and second corner which means it's probably a real person, bots will stick to the track.

thats me sorry

have to do it if not i get DNFed by a AI who is going ridiculously slowly

same for monaco, lots of the time theres a massive AI pileup at nouvelle, i say screw it and just go straight thru

• Agree 1

On 4/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, WongYewXuan said:

thats me sorry

have to do it if not i get DNFed by a AI who is going ridiculously slowly

same for monaco, lots of the time theres a massive AI pileup at nouvelle, i say screw it and just go straight thru

I do those lines at Austria too, no need to be sorry