Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book - 08/04/19

Recommended Posts

Original post here: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/04/dirt-rally-2-0-road-book-08-04-19/

DiRT Rally 2.0: Season One, Stage Two brings Sweden Rally, the BMW M1 Procar Rally, the Opel Manta 400 and a Special Livery for five vehicles! This content will be dropping throughout April, and is available for Deluxe Edition players to download as part of their Season Pass content. Standard Edition players will be able to purchase each bit of content separately on the relevant platform store.

To get your first sneak peek at the cars in action in Sweden, check out our brand new trailer here:

https://youtu.be/-o5TJWOvb9c

Tomorrow sees the cars and the Special Livery arrive to the game, whereas Sweden Rally will arrive on the 23rd April. Don’t forget, Deluxe Edition players will also receive a credits drop and access to the high reward special D+ Community Events too.

Just a quick note on the BMW M1 Procar Rally – final audio for the vehicle will come in next week’s patch, so don’t fret if you think it sounds a little off-key at first. We’re all over it.

Aside from Season One content coming out as usual, we’re also working on Update 1.3 which, subject to all of the usual submissions, is due to land next week. Thanks to everyone’s feedback since the last update, as we’ve been able to isolate and fix some key issues, including the grip/floating car issues some users have been experiencing. We’ve also worked on preventing audio-cut outs, and have fixed the ‘Fire Up That Car... Again’ trophy/achievement. Full patch notes will be confirmed on our channels closer to it releasing, so please stay tuned over the following few days to see them surface.

We’re also making some headway into tackling the FFB issues a lot of you have been discussing on our forums, channels and beyond. We’ll have more for you on that soon, but we just wanted to reassure you that it’s still top of our priority list and that we’re making progress.

What else? Well, we’ll also be adding more DiRT Rally 2.0 Achievements and Trophies for Season One! But you’ll have to wait until next week to find out what they are. 🙂
Finally, we’ll also be adding the wonderful Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery to the game next week! We’ll be holding a little competition once the Fiesta R5 livery is out, so stay tuned to see how that takes shape. Just in case you’ve forgotten what it looks like, here’s a handy reminder for you in the shape of the DiRT Show Galway Special!

https://youtu.be/57j6vaQFJJ4

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 7
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

and have fixed the ‘Fire Up That Car... Again’ trophy/achievement.

Happy days! :classic_biggrin:

matthew perry happy dance GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery  - Great choice! Best livery in-game and IRL
Thanks.
 

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.27369267733188f11a3047fac6876890.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to try Sweden 2.0. It's a shame it's coming 23rd April and not on 17th as we could use it in the LAN party tournament 🙂 Eitherway, not all is lost because the 1.3 patch might land before and that means we'll be able to play the tournament with latest bugfixes.

Edited by Riggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

 @ChristinaMc As you said earlier, the graphics on lower power consoles will also be fixed ???

The team are looking at it, but not sure it'll be squeezed into 1.3 unfortunately! 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChristinaMc I know it's not coming in 1.3, but is the console FoV slider actually on the cards at all? Does the team have it on the list for down the track? Thanks for the updates btw, great to see some info on what's being worked on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great news, it had all gone quiet for a while. Achievement fix and new ones is very good news, I do love some achievements to work towards. :) Look forward to trying the new cars and Sweden in a couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChristinaMc Will the Fire Up that Car again trophy unlock retrospectively if we have fulfilled the criteria already or will we need to do it again?

Just asking as I'm running out of pants driving the Quattro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they fix the sound on the skoda yet? Pretty lame to have to pay for the BMW when it's not finished. It's becoming a bit of a habit with this group. A week? Fine.. but jeez

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Original post here: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/04/dirt-rally-2-0-road-book-08-04-19/

DiRT Rally 2.0: Season One, Stage Two brings Sweden Rally, the BMW M1 Procar Rally, the Opel Manta 400 and a Special Livery for five vehicles! This content will be dropping throughout April, and is available for Deluxe Edition players to download as part of their Season Pass content. Standard Edition players will be able to purchase each bit of content separately on the relevant platform store.

To get your first sneak peek at the cars in action in Sweden, check out our brand new trailer here:

https://youtu.be/-o5TJWOvb9c

Tomorrow sees the cars and the Special Livery arrive to the game, whereas Sweden Rally will arrive on the 23rd April. Don’t forget, Deluxe Edition players will also receive a credits drop and access to the high reward special D+ Community Events too.

Just a quick note on the BMW M1 Procar Rally – final audio for the vehicle will come in next week’s patch, so don’t fret if you think it sounds a little off-key at first. We’re all over it.

Aside from Season One content coming out as usual, we’re also working on Update 1.3 which, subject to all of the usual submissions, is due to land next week. Thanks to everyone’s feedback since the last update, as we’ve been able to isolate and fix some key issues, including the grip/floating car issues some users have been experiencing. We’ve also worked on preventing audio-cut outs, and have fixed the ‘Fire Up That Car... Again’ trophy/achievement. Full patch notes will be confirmed on our channels closer to it releasing, so please stay tuned over the following few days to see them surface.

We’re also making some headway into tackling the FFB issues a lot of you have been discussing on our forums, channels and beyond. We’ll have more for you on that soon, but we just wanted to reassure you that it’s still top of our priority list and that we’re making progress.

What else? Well, we’ll also be adding more DiRT Rally 2.0 Achievements and Trophies for Season One! But you’ll have to wait until next week to find out what they are. 🙂
Finally, we’ll also be adding the wonderful Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery to the game next week! We’ll be holding a little competition once the Fiesta R5 livery is out, so stay tuned to see how that takes shape. Just in case you’ve forgotten what it looks like, here’s a handy reminder for you in the shape of the DiRT Show Galway Special!

https://youtu.be/57j6vaQFJJ4

I have watched this trailer a moment ago. It is so amazing and breathtaking that I replayed it few times. Great job. More trailers like this one. This view of beautiful sunset. Something charming.

Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, can't wait for Sweden, it's one of my favourite rallies.

I hope they are able to fix the bug with the lack of unexpected moments on consoles. Otherwise many people will never see a wrecked car in Sweden...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad there definitely won't be any rain at Sweden... :classic_dry:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

 @ChristinaMc As you said earlier, the graphics on lower power consoles will also be fixed ???

17 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

The team are looking at it, but not sure it'll be squeezed into 1.3 unfortunately! 

still looking at it?  for how long do you want to "look at it?" even a drunk pirate with an eyepatch can see graphics are not on par on PS4.  Im not having any issues with this game besides this, uploaded replay videos coming from consoles are just awfull. PS4 might be on its end of life, but compared to other games its just embarrassing.    

  • Haha 2
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:
18 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

 @ChristinaMc As you said earlier, the graphics on lower power consoles will also be fixed ???

still looking at it?  for how long do you want to "look at it?" even a drunk pirate with an eyepatch can see graphics are not on par on PS4.  Im not having any issues with this game besides this, uploaded replay videos coming from consoles are just awfull. PS4 might be on its end of life, but compared to other games its just embarrassing.    

I'm pretty sure they know that the graphics aren't up to snuff. I interpreted 'look at it' as in look at ways of fixing the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thierry97 said:

I hope they make it in the next patch because the game is so unplayable, you don't even see where the machine model goes.:classic_wacko:@KingOfCoins @thatDutchguy83

Sorry i dont agree.. its perfectly playable and i enjoy it a lot. Its just the graphics i think are substandard. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

I interpreted 'look at it' as in look at ways of fixing the problem

The problem being that the game is unplayable and shouldn’t have been released in that state for the PS4, so Codemasters not only should have ‘looked at it’ prior to start charging people good money for a flawed game (€90 in my case), but should have given immediate and top priority to fixing this “blurriness” issue. So to ‘look at it’ more than a month after the game was launched doesn’t really cut it.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

Sorry i dont agree.. its perfectly playable and i enjoy it a lot. Its just the graphics i think are substandard.

The topic of why some PS4 players seem to have more complaints about the “blurriness” than others has been debated somewhere else already. Since we all have consoles with the same specifications and play the same version of the game, it remains one single variable: the TV/monitor. Someone suggested that in bigger screens the problem may be substantially more noticeable but there wasn’t feedback from enough players to reach a conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

the game is perfect.

🤣

Either you have a great sense of humor or you somehow missed the existing enormous list of bugs, some of them game breaking for a lot of people. And seeing it I guess that we, the PS4 players, even got lucky. If it wasn’t for the fact that we cannot see sh33t in front of us the game would be very good, specially because Codies are already addressing some of the other issues that also affect us.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, thanks for the update, really love the Manta 400, it's what the Ascona needed: More POWER!

The more than beautiful M1's sound will be updated I read?

N00B Question: Where can I find the Special liveries?

EDIT: Is there any chance we get the 037 later on(my fav DR1 car)?

Thanks!

BR

Robin

Edited by Robin1M
added info and typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×