Sign in to follow this  

[PC] Voice Commands Not Working

Question

Right, so getting a little upset with this game and the voice recognition.

Got this game on launch, installed it, everything worked fine. Voice Recognition was not giving me any issues. Stopped playing it around....Novemeber, coming back to it now. And now, voice recognition isn't working. Every time I hit the voice command button to do a voice command, it gives me a Red Voice Icon, blocking me from using voice. I have tried everything I could think of.

1. I made sure I had the headset plugged in correctly. It is the same exact headset I used when I started playing the game on launch, Arctis 7, with no issues.

2. I made sure the headset was not muted when launching the game.

3. I tried having Windows Speech Recognition launched before launching the game (even though Windows Speech Recognition wasn't needed when I first started playing before)

4. I tried going into the installer folder in the game files, repaired using x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime, then executed the MSKinectLangPack_enUS

5. I tried verify the game install via Steam.

6. I tried completely uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it.

I tried all of the above, and none of it worked. And no, its not the headset. The headset works perfectly fine on EVERY game that I have, that utilizes it, except for this one. Not sure what else to do at this point.

1 answer to this question

On 4/8/2019 at 11:05 PM, XioGShep said:

Right, so getting a little upset with this game and the voice recognition.

Got this game on launch, installed it, everything worked fine. Voice Recognition was not giving me any issues. Stopped playing it around....Novemeber, coming back to it now. And now, voice recognition isn't working. Every time I hit the voice command button to do a voice command, it gives me a Red Voice Icon, blocking me from using voice. I have tried everything I could think of.

1. I made sure I had the headset plugged in correctly. It is the same exact headset I used when I started playing the game on launch, Arctis 7, with no issues.

2. I made sure the headset was not muted when launching the game.

3. I tried having Windows Speech Recognition launched before launching the game (even though Windows Speech Recognition wasn't needed when I first started playing before)

4. I tried going into the installer folder in the game files, repaired using x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime, then executed the MSKinectLangPack_enUS

5. I tried verify the game install via Steam.

6. I tried completely uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it.

I tried all of the above, and none of it worked. And no, its not the headset. The headset works perfectly fine on EVERY game that I have, that utilizes it, except for this one. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Make sure Windows 10 is updated there was a bug fixed around default sound devices.