Enough with the boring Monthly Challenges

Come on Codies. The H1 and H2fwd classes should not be in the monthly challenges. They are so boring to drive! And if thats the case that you are going to use them, do one or the other for one monthly challenge, not 3 outta the 4.  Anything is better than these 2 groups of cars.

• Agree 7

I actually like a few H1 FWD monthly challenges now and then . I find RWD challenges excruciatingly painful . I never got the hang of it, even in Dirt Rally . But I agree that there should be more variety of challenges .

On 4/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, wfwr26 said:

Come on Codies. The H1 and H2fwd classes should not be in the monthly challenges. They are so boring to drive! And if thats the case that you are going to use them, do one or the other for one monthly challenge, not 3 outta the 4.  Anything is better than these 2 groups of cars.

I completely agree, NO MORE H1 or H2 FWD Monthly’s or Weekly’s please, inc Daily’s too or the occasional one Daily every now and again is ok but ITS BORING AS HELL, and seeing as Career is broken with its AI, the events are all I can play where I can upgrade my cars, @ChristinaMc whoever’s decision it is to pick the vehicle classes for these events needs to be told or replaced lol so many good classes to drive and we ALWAYS get lumped with hours of H1 every reset, when the first set of Monthly events came out last month, 3 out of the 4 were H1 I think, inc 2 H1 weekly’s and 2 H1 Daily’s, and I was so annoyed to see more H1 Monthly’s on reset, think we’re all past the ‘starter cars’ now, entice players to stay with fun events not boring ones, also the weather is still a problem, every time I do a weekly it seems like I can never use softs or mediums, always have to use rain tyres every stage on tarmac rallies

As if you guys don’t already have enough to address lol at least this is easy as cake to sort out though... for next month, and weekly I guess 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

@ChristinaMc SERIOUSLY are you trolling us right now, H1... H1... H1 everywhere, and you’ve fixed one thing and now something else breaks, this is unacceptable, I payed full price for this broken game, now cars have broken audio (engine sounds), and WHY DOES ALL MY SAVED TUNING KEEP GETTING WIPED...... I spent ages fine tuning some of my vehicles and now it’s all gone.... THANKS 

FIX THE AI IN CAREER, we’ve been waiting long enough...

FIX TUNING NOT SAVING.... LIKE NOW 

STOP PUTTING H1 Daily’s etc in, WE DONT WANT THEM ANYMORE, you say you read everything, maybe some more of it should be payed closer attention to

Apologies for the angry message but I’m a paying customer and it’s one thing after another, your going to end up losing your loyal fans/player base if this is the kind of practice CM is moving towards, you know, ‘the half finished game, but you pay us full retail now and we’ll fix it later’ 

These issues are pushing people away 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

too many H1 and H2  Weekly and Monthly Events and too less  R2,R5,Group B Events there was no GT Events.........

i drove with my Lancia Fulviva 1360km

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

maybe they could group some classes together for more choice in cars, like in freeplay historic you have, 

Classic Rally, Modern Classics, Present Day

:classic_smile:

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

All they need to do is stop with the H1 and H2FWD all the time, and add some damned variety, half of them are always in the same class, and I doubt they’d do that, let’s be honest, among drip feeding us the dlc (which by the way in retrospect is FAR too long of a roadmap) and fixing the game, which still needs a lot of work just on fixes let alone improvements, I don’t see how they’d find the time to toy around with this sort of thing 

They just need to get the game working properly, visuals are still so poor on the windscreen, no mud smears, rain is basically pointless visually, I can turn off the wipers and still not need them in the rain, the wipers themselves are the most annoying thing ever, I have to manually turn them off EVERY time I do a stage even though I set them to manual in options, the weather is poor, the deep puddles in Australia (and every other locale) when it’s wet have literally NO audio, some of them look deep too and not a single splash, sometimes you get tyre screeching audio on gravel and gravel audio on the asphalt, especially in Poland, cars just decide to lose all grip and spin out on occasion even when they definitely shouldn’t have, probably the biggest issue still unresolved is career AI, it’s just a mess and we’re a couple months in now, it probably won’t be fixed inside of season 1, maybe not even season 2, I mean if you look at the windscreen visuals on dirt 4 it puts this to absolute shame n this is supposed to be an improvement on previous titles, I was expecting loads of cool additions like random hazards out of track etc thunderstorms in v heavy rain, heavy fog still non existent even though dirt 4 had it and it was awesome, I could go on, my point being don’t expect anything from CM for a long time if at all, best we can hope for is for them to get it right with DR3 in the future, but they’ve ruined this so I have no reason to think they care enough to push this franchise in a good direction

they deserve credit for adding tyre choice/deg and surface degradation which is an amazing addition, but it’s like they only thought of that and bothered with nothing else lol idk, devs these days, Bare minimum!! Maximum profit is all they seem to strive for now

All they had to do was bring the visuals and weather over from dirt 4 and it would have been more than fine, who decided to make it look worse, I sometimes wonder why I’m still so angry 😂 but I love this franchise but with everything decent, it doesn’t last, feels like dirt tho only came into its own with DR1, D4 visually was spectacular in ways but that stupid decision to have assists as default even when you turn them off ruined the game, as did that aweful track generator, where you’d end up doing the same corner in a single stage repeatedly,  but everything else was good, and now this, the franchise has barely had a chance to shine and they do their best to keep it that way it seems, il forever love CM for bringing us Dirt in the first place but rn its just disappointing what they could have done with this game.... oh well, at least it feels good to get this out ahhhhh😅

Edited by Shmeefly

On 5/4/2019 at 9:16 AM, Shmeefly said:

All they need to do is stop with the H1 and H2FWD all the time, and add some damned variety, half of them are always in the same class, and I doubt they’d do that, let’s be honest, among drip feeding us the dlc (which by the way in retrospect is FAR too long of a roadmap) and fixing the game, which still needs a lot of work just on fixes let alone improvements, I don’t see how they’d find the time to toy around with this sort of thing 

They just need to get the game working properly, visuals are still so poor on the windscreen, no mud smears, rain is basically pointless visually, I can turn off the wipers and still not need them in the rain, the wipers themselves are the most annoying thing ever, I have to manually turn them off EVERY time I do a stage even though I set them to manual in options, the weather is poor, the deep puddles in Australia (and every other locale) when it’s wet have literally NO audio, some of them look deep too and not a single splash, sometimes you get tyre screeching audio on gravel and gravel audio on the asphalt, especially in Poland, cars just decide to lose all grip and spin out on occasion even when they definitely shouldn’t have, probably the biggest issue still unresolved is career AI, it’s just a mess and we’re a couple months in now, it probably won’t be fixed inside of season 1, maybe not even season 2, I mean if you look at the windscreen visuals on dirt 4 it puts this to absolute shame n this is supposed to be an improvement on previous titles, I was expecting loads of cool additions like random hazards out of track etc thunderstorms in v heavy rain, heavy fog still non existent even though dirt 4 had it and it was awesome, 

agree with this 100%. the rest... less lol

Can’t argue with the community reset this month, everything has variety, except maybe the x2 R2 monthly's but yea massive improvement, gonna forget the games issues this week and hammer the new community challenges, thanks for a decent line up this time CM

• Agree 1

But there are too many Argentina events sometimes in one day three daily events in Argentina.

There was not even Sweden or Monte Carlo at the weekly and monthly events (apart from the special events)

@gleylancer571 yea they seem to favour a location every reset, as long as vehicle class is varied I don’t mind, all the locations are fun and don’t get to play them much as the career is unbeatable at Elite and still waiting for fix, having 2 R2 monthly’s is annoying, each daily, weekly and monthly should be with a different class, especially the monthly’s seeing as they’re basically a full season at Open/Clubman, but as long as the roll is decent I can’t complain, other than the H2 RWD weekly and one of the R2 monthly’s I can progress vehicle unlocks with every event this reset so actually quite happy for once lol. That said I love using the Kadett GT/E and I haven’t used the R2 pug in a while so il leave that monthly til last, i hope they don’t screw up season 2 DLC, I want more Group B cars, they’re the best but we’ve had the same 5 in all games now, not that I’d want any of them to be cut but some newbies would be awesome, and I’d like to see the Audi Sport Quattro back, it’s better than the S1 E2, they should give us back Pikes and give us the S1 Hillclimb version instead, the Sport is much more fun to Rally in even if it’s not as fast, but the sound of that engine is so much sweeter 

• Like 1

would also like to have Hill Climb back and it does not have to be Pikes Peak, there are also many other countries where you could do Hill Climb:
USA, Canada, South America RSC2 sends my regards ;-)
In Dirt 2 and 3 Hill Climb was the only one there called Trail Blazer, and Argentina incidentally would be perfect for Hill Climb events

Apart from the special events there was not a single weekly or monthly event with Monte Carlo or Sweden

In the monthly events is also no Sweden or Monte Carlo included

At the Daily Events it would be nice to have an info before the start how long the track is
Edited by gleylancer571

On 5/14/2019 at 4:19 PM, gleylancer571 said:

Apart from the special events there was not a single weekly or monthly event with Monte Carlo or Sweden

In the monthly events is also no Sweden or Monte Carlo included

it's because the DLC locations are not available for players who have not bought them. 

some people (including me) have asked for them to be included in the D+ events though.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, gleylancer571 said:

At the Daily Events it would be nice to have an info before the start how long the track is

you can go to the event and quit to the main menu if you want to switch cars.

it's a bigger problem for Monthly events I think, because you can't see what other locations there are (or the stages each has) until after you have finished every stage at the first location.

• Agree 1

yes I understand it now!
Therefore, there is no championship with 8 rallies
So at least the exclusive events have to be with the DLCs !!
By the way, Codemasters contradicts itself because the DLC Rallys you can also drive without buying them namely in the self-made Online Rallys

3 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

By the way, Codemasters contradicts itself because the DLC Rallys you can also drive without buying them namely in the self-made Online Rallys

that's on purpose though, so that players who don't own those rallies can still play online with everyone without any problems and so that they can try the DLC ones - like Promo community events.

it's so they can see how good the DLC locations are and this will probably make them want to buy them. I would work on me, that's for sure haha

• Agree 1