F1 2019 UDP Specifications

Good evening everyone,

will the UDP specification change from F1 2018 to 2019? Would be great to get the details in time to update our apps to be ready for the release in June.

Cheers

Sly

• Agree 3

@Hoo @Faya

Yes! This is a very good question! Since I drive with a customized wheel with screen and led's and tablet for telemetry and so, it would be nice to know in what way the UDP data would change or if we can use the same specs.

can you please comment on this? When 2019 comes out, i want to race, not programme all the udp settings first 😉

• Agree 1

I asked Customer Support about this a few weeks ago after the beta was announced and this was their response, I hope we will see this at least once the beta drops

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2019.
Unfortunately we have not released those type of details on the game at the current time. Full details will be made available on our website, closer to the game's release date.
Keep up to date with any further announcements on our website - www.codemasters.com and on Twitter - @Formula1game

Thanks for the answers.

They might add some new things to the game. Guess we have to wait for them to announce the features, so they don't spoil it with the UDP specs 🙂

2 minutes ago, slyd0x said:

Thanks for the answers.

They might add some new things to the game. Guess we have to wait for them to announce the features, so they don't spoil it with the UDP specs 🙂

Yep, if UDP is not disabled or otherwise unavailable in the beta one may be able to just self-document them though (for personal use of course).

I hope there will be more than one UDP streams for 2019. As seen in the discussion last year, many guys are using more than one piece of gear or apps. Would be great if CM would have a look at CMPS from eksimracing. Maybe they can work together on a more stable version. Last it causes many lags for my SLI Pro. At the end i had to switch it off.

16 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

I hope there will be more than one UDP streams for 2019. As seen in the discussion last year, many guys are using more than one piece of gear or apps. Would be great if CM would have a look at CMPS from eksimracing. Maybe they can work together on a more stable version. Last it causes many lags for my SLI Pro. At the end i had to switch it off.

I had problems with the CMPS as well. Turned to SimHub and never looked back. Would be great to have it implemented in the game directly.

If it lags, try to lower the rate to 30 Hz and the lag should be gone. Worked for me that way at least.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, slyd0x said:

I had problems with the CMPS as well. Turned to SimHub and never looked back. Would be great to have it implemented in the game directly.

If it lags, try to lower the rate to 30 Hz and the lag should be gone. Worked for me that way at least.

Thanks for the explanation. I will try it with lower rate next time.