Sign in to follow this  

Where is the topic "36152-description-of-the-ffb-you-would-like-to-have ?"

I was following with interest the constructive thread called "36152-description-of-the-ffb-you-would-like-to-have ?" last days, and I can't find it now... Does someone knows what happens to this interesting topic ? Is it deleted ? Moved ?

It was removed because it started to go very off-topic and became the usual "bashing FFB and yelling about Codies not doing anything immediately". Someone might bring it back if people want it, but only if we can keep it clean and on topic.

Think someone took the huff and deleted it.

I requested it to be deleted. I specifically wanted it to just be a totally impartial thread for people's descriptions and stated that I'd delete it if it descended into pointless debate. It was going well, and then it descended into pointless debate so...

My fault for trying to impose rules I suppose, but it was constructive at least.

3 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

and then it descended into pointless debate

18b.jpg

• Agree 1

Thank you for your replies guys.  @Rallystu2 : the impartial thread on FFB was a good idea. Maybe we can try again, and just delete the posts that doesn't respect the impartial rule, but keeping the constructive stuff people say ? 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Spacepadrille said:

Thank you for your replies guys.  @Rallystu2 : the impartial thread on FFB was a good idea. Maybe we can try again, and just delete the posts that doesn't respect the impartial rule, but keeping the constructive stuff people say ? 

I agree, that thread was a good idea to be fair. 

Although to be honest if there is to be another thread like that i reckon it should  be started by Codies, it kind of felt like we were doing their job for them, and there was no evidence that they were actually looking at that thread and using it. 

At least if the new thread was started by codies it would guarantee that they are interested and using the feedback.

Because at this stage, whilst we know that they are looking into the ffb, we just don’t know how exactly, which suggests they have other methods of researching and working on the issue. but that’s just speculation.

Edited by Pieman99

7 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Although to be honest if there is to be another thread like that i reckon it should  be started by Codies, it kind of felt like we were doing their job for them, and there was no evidence that they were actually looking at that thread and using it. 

At least if the new thread was started by codies it would guarantee that they are interested and using the feedback.

Because at this stage, whilst we know that they are looking into the ffb, we just don’t know how exactly, which suggests they have other methods of researching and working on the issue. but that’s just speculation.

Well I know they were looking at it, I would start it again but I'm not a moderator and therefore can't prune posts.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Right.

Edited by Spacepadrille

3 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Well I know they were looking at it, I would start it again but I'm not a moderator and therefore can't prune posts.

maybe we could ask christina to start one, but i can’t help but think if they were that interested in this method of feedback they would’ve started one thenselves. 

Posted (edited)

Yea, I'm sure they have their own ideas on how to collect data. The thread was mostly to end the arguments and send a community 'constructive petition' alongside our poll data to assist them. Looks like theyre making progress anyway.

There is a place where constructive feedback and discussion happens. It's rolling chat but features channels that may be of interest when you get used to it. It is also used by Codemasters.

https://discord.gg/8PAG93

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Yea, I'm sure they have their own ideas on how to collect data. The thread was mostly to end the arguments and send a community 'constructive petition' alongside our poll data to assist them. Looks like theyre making progress anyway.

There is a place where constructive feedback and discussion happens. It's rolling chat but features channels that may be of interest when you get used to it. It is also used by Codemasters.

https://discord.gg/8PAG93

Thanks for the link

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

At this stage if Codies still dont know what they are doing and needed to make a thread asking us what kind of feedback we would like we would be as well all packing up and waiting for WRC 8 or DR 3.0.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

I requested it to be deleted. I specifically wanted it to just be a totally impartial thread for people's descriptions and stated that I'd delete it if it descended into pointless debate. It was going well, and then it descended into pointless debate so...

My fault for trying to impose rules I suppose, but it was constructive at least.

Let's be honest, you spat the dummy and told people to bugger off - and that was before I posted! There were exactly three posts that didn't follow your "rules", you can see them here right before you lose it.

1852798641_Dummyspit.thumb.JPG.3eef36965f07cd7bbdf6459c838a3a60.JPG

When I pointed out that trying to impose arbitrary rules on internet forums is as useless as a chocolate teapot you deleted the thread. At least we know the 2 in your username is a reference to age now!!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

Let's be honest, you spat the dummy and told people to bugger off - and that was before I posted! There were exactly three posts that didn't follow your "rules", you can see them here right before you lose it.

1852798641_Dummyspit.thumb.JPG.3eef36965f07cd7bbdf6459c838a3a60.JPG

When I pointed out that trying to impose arbitrary rules on internet forums is as useless as a chocolate teapot you deleted the thread. At least we know the 2 in your username is a reference to age now!!

My reaction was to people arguing from both sides of the fence. Which was counter productive to the point of the thread. Your post was irrelevant and not in anyway responsible for the decision to delete the thread. That decision was made before my "bugger off" comment, which I stand by.

That thread was to post one single opinion of what people wanted and then yea, bugger off! Let everyone have their idea without threat of rebuke.

And I agree (and have stated) that attempting to impose rules however honest the intention, was a bad move.

• Like 1

Ok then, we're clear. Let people express their opinion how they choose to. Some people will be rational, some irrational, some mad, some upset, some disappointed but most people will be all of the above at different times.

At the very least, it generated even more discussion about the FFB shortfalls, including this thread 👍.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

And I agree (and have stated) that attempting to impose rules ,however honest the intention, was a bad move.

But there is an implied rule on most forum threads anyway, in that they have to within reason stay on some kind of topic (most threads, and the bounds are loosely regulated).  So I kind of disagree that it was a bad move, I think it was fair to create a thread for voicing opinions but not for attacking each other's opinions specifically in long discussions.  As long as this is stated outright it doesn't seem overly totalitarian to me.   my2c

• Agree 3