Sign in to follow this  

After 123 hrs of DR2, I played DR1 for the first time

16 hours ago, ianism said:

oh my god... it seems like every thread descends into these kind of debates.

this is incredibly tiring. 

Don't read public forums then. Just stay at home and spray the Rainbow of happiness.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

On 4/10/2019 at 10:39 AM, Sammoo said:

I can sympathise with OP here, however I don't have a wheel so I cannot fully understand at the moment. As such I won't argue this point.

However, if I may interject a point of my own: I feel that the physics and car feel on DR2 is far superior to that of DR1. And, along a similar line, the stages more complete and immersive. Now, I am playing on PS4 with a controller so that immersion does not include the wheel with FFB issues so, again, that immersion that I feel would not be present for all.

And I loved DR1, with passion, racking up more hours than I can count, but I also love DR2 and recognise this as a worth successor if certain bugs, quirks and oversights are fixed. The game is not perfect, but it has the opportunity to be so.

I read a wonderful post that explained the different types of people that frequent this forum; the hopeful, the ignorant, the resigned and the wise. It was very well written and pretty spot on. I think I belong in the first category, and possibly stray into the second with some of my opinions.  

I will admit that some design choices for the game have been 'Baffling' to quote @FLAW3D, and I really do want to see these fixed things or lost features re-implemented but I do find it hard to outright deride DR2 as I have seen so many do. This game is great, but it could be perfect...and this is the source of frustration. I will just remain forever hopeful... which is not always such a bad thing.

My advice to the OP, in accordance with what I have written above, is to not stop campaigning for what you want and believe. And this thread exemplifies the way it should be done; with carefully considered opinions born of research and experience, as opposed to reviews such as 'Played it once. Game sucks. Don't buy'- we have all seen these, and good Lord it is frustrating waste of time to read those reviews and they only serve to damage the game rather than strengthen it. 

So threads such as this, though they may have negative connotations, should be seen as a positive. It is only the devs that can fix the game, but it is only our community that can bring about those fixes. Threads such as this can give us all a little hope... hopefully.

The difference between DR 1 and DR 2 is night and day, especially when it comes to the FFB, DR 1 is awesome, DR 2 feels empty with regards to  FFB.

Edited by watzcoc
  • Agree 4

13 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

Don't read public forums then. Just stay at home and spray the Rainbow of happiness.

LOL

I have to say, I am actually quite a fan of all the banter on here. The shots back and forth...makes me smile. We all understand it’s only a game but there is certainly no shortage of passion and opinion...it’s good stuff 😂

I ask you all - what the hell are we going to argue about once the FFB gets fixed 🤔

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, chukonu said:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX, Peugeot 207 S2000,  Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 were never in DiRT Rally

Hyundai i20 R5 isn't in DiRT Rally 2.0

Thanks. Updated.

8 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

LOL

I have to say, I am actually quite a fan of all the banter on here. The shots back and forth...makes me smile. We all understand it’s only a game but there is certainly no shortage of passion and opinion...it’s good stuff 😂

I ask you all - what the hell are we going to argue about once the FFB gets fixed 🤔

The regurgitated dlc i reckon 😂

If i remember correctly that was a large debate prior to release, and prior to the ffb taking over after release haha 

10 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

LOL

Those that think the current FFB is the second coming are going to be furious and want it reverted back. 🤣

• Haha 1

"I ask you all - what the hell are we going to argue about once the FFB gets fixed 🤔"

nothing, too busy playing Dirt Rally 2 with the new FFB. No more posts !

Edited by watzcoc

12 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

LOL

Well, it´s not that DR2.0 is a perfect game outside of the FFB. For me personally there are other things that annoy me much more than the already subpar FFB.

But yeah, improving the FFB will make DR2.0 a better game. I just really, really hope Codemasters sticks to the game and that the huge potential of DR2.0 really comes through at some point.

Edited by Civarello
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, Civarello said:

Well, it´s not that DR2.0 is a perfect game outside of the FFB. For me personally there are other things that annoy me much more than the already subpar FFB.

But yeah, improving the FFB will make DR2.0 a better game. I just really, really hope Codemasters sticks to the game and that the huge potential of DR2.0 really comes through at some point.

I agree bro, there are a few things (outside of FFB), that need tweaking to get the game to a level that appeases everyone, let’s hope subsequent patches do the trick 😉

Edited by Buckwilder

6 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Those that think the current FFB is the second coming are going to be furious and want it reverted back. 🤣

Yeah and you’ll have to come up another straw man to argue against.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/11/2019 at 2:47 AM, SimFunny said:

When you buy used car there is km how much it´s driven, but you can´t get that kind on info about your cars at carage.
It would be nice to know how much drove with each car.

yes you can: this is a used car. the distance driven is what I have done. the events and podiums and stuff include what the car did before I bought it.

just change tabs at the bottom (performance, info, history, status).

20190412114641_1.jpg

Edited by ianism
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, mesa said:

Here's a car list comparison chart Dirt Rally vs Dirt 4 vs Dirt rally 2.0 
Let's see less or more content have been made for Dirt Rally 2.0...

VW Polo R Supercar is on there twice

VW Polo R WRX is not a separate car from the Polo R Supercar in DR1. you have them both on there for DR1

Audi S1 RX wasn't in D4

Citroen DS3 RX isn't in DR 2.0

Citroen DS3 R3T isn't in D4 - is it in any of these games? I don't think so

Ford RS2000 Evolution (the rallycross one) is missing (it was in D4)

Speedcar Xtrem was in D4

Jackson Pro-Truck 4 and Jackson Pro-Truck 2 are not on the list, and both were in D4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afahoy said:

Yeah and you’ll have to come up another straw man to argue against.

Your gonnae be ragin mate when this game is fixed 😄

Dw5cjuVWkAAfK7P.jpg:large

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Your gonnae be ragin mate when this game is fixed 😄

Dw5cjuVWkAAfK7P.jpg:large

See, there you go again, implying things that aren’t true and then making jokes and arguments against them.

I mean, can you quote any of my posts where I say the game is perfect now and that I don’t want it changed?

I truly don’t understand why you seem to think we’re against improving the game. It’s weird.

Edited by afahoy
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, ianism said:

VW Polo R Supercar is on there twice

VW Polo R WRX is not a separate car from the Polo R Supercar in DR1. you have them both on there for DR1

Audi S1 RX wasn't in D4

Citroen DS3 RX isn't in DR 2.0

Citroen DS3 R3T isn't in D4 - is it in any of these games? I don't think so

Ford RS2000 Evolution (the rallycross one) is missing (it was in D4)

Speedcar Xtrem was in D4

Jackson Pro-Truck 4 and Jackson Pro-Truck 2 are not on the list, and both were in D4

Thanks for the info.

On 4/13/2019 at 3:37 AM, afahoy said:

See, there you go again, implying things that aren’t true and then making jokes and arguments against them.

I mean, can you quote any of my posts where I say the game is perfect now and that I don’t want it changed?

I truly don’t understand why you seem to think we’re against improving the game. It’s weird.

I don’t remember him mentioning you or anyone by name. If anything you’re the one who made the implication without any evidence.

FWIW, there ARE people who have said they like the FFB just the way it is. If you’re not one of them why did you feel the need to respond, incorrectly, about a straw man?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1