Description of the FFB you would like to have.

Describe your ideal ffb feeling (back by popular demand)

Please keep it on topic.

• Like 2

ok, let's try ; first of all I must say that before finding appropriate ffb settings, I was really disappointed by the DR2 ffb. Now I'm really more nuanced. For me all is great or ok except the missing immersive road  texture vibration, the feeling of the road. It's there, but very very subtle. Maybe it's realistic (in a car we feel the road mainly by the pants), but it's not immersive when you play in a home that is obviously not moving or translating or rumbling. I would like a slider with this effect. I also would like a little vibration related to the engine rpm, like in real life. I'm very satisfied with the SAT and handling of the car. I exactly know when the car will rip, I can feel the downforces while braking etc.. Better than in DR1 imo. Also when I change any setting in the car, I can feel the change while driving, very clearly. 

I put here my PS4 pro / T300 settings fore those interested.

SAT 45 - WF 2 - TF 41 - SUSP 100 - COLL 65 - Softlock ON 100 - wheel center force OFF

• Agree 2

I don't have much experience in FFB since I've only ever used my wheel with DR2.0 but in DR1 I used to be able to tell the cars' tyres losing grip aswell as the road's texture with my X360 gamepad. These effects have disappeared since DiRT4 and I'd like to see it back.

Current FFB to me is quite good though, using T300 and default configuration. While looking forward to seeing what Codies has come up with, I sincerely hope what we have now won't be destroyed by it.

• Agree 1

The FFB I would like to have is the one that would please (almost) all the players. I can hear you screaming: that’s impossible!

Is it? Take a look at how they do it in Project Cars 2:

There are three Feedback Profiles (known as “Flavours”) in-game, and each has its own preset settings. This is where you begin the process of tuning the FFB to suit your driving style, as well as how you want the game to convey what the car is doing out on track.

—Immersive: This setting replicates the feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements felt through the steering wheel, and as experienced in the real world.

—Informative: This is designed to give more of a detailed feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements, to ensure the driver can get as much information through the FFB as possible.

—Raw: This is an unfiltered Force Feedback setting that allows you to feel the full strength of the various forces felt by drivers.

On top of these flavors there’s a plethora of fine tuning possibilities (if you’re interested you can read more about it at: https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the_insiders_guide/episode-4-setting-feel-force-feedback/) that is guaranteed to satisfy every possible whim.

All it would take is a little more commitment from Codemasters to implement something similar for a game that definitely deserves it!

The only counter to a solution of this sort is: what would we all be complaining about then? Oh, wait...

In my opinion, FFB is not bad. If you change some filters you can get a very informative system. I only miss a little bit more of surface feeling, but ffb itself is not bad. In Rally Monte Carlo, for example, you can feel every change of surface, it is really good. The handling of the car is excellent in every surface.

• Agree 1

Just some FFB that at least partly resembles that seen/felt in just about every other sim racing game known to man.

Posted (edited)

Guys listen....

The FFB relating to wheel and steering forces is EXCELLENT.... as is.

What is missing is the ROAD FEEL.

We need a light rumble for tarmac, a little more for gravel and when you are in the air.... Nothing !

That is Stage 1 and the bare minimum.

You had this in Dirt 2 and 3 for goodness sake... AND in your F1 games where at least you managed some for rumble strips.

Stage 2..... add some engine vibration etc., Rumble of floorboards on bridges.

Stage 3..... add some Intensity Sliders so people can modulate how much they have of each type, to suit their personal preferences or their wheel / controller.

For me.... If you managed Stage 1, it would be a good start.

I cannot play this game as it feels like I am driving 2 inches above the ground, or on a sheet of ice.

You cannot tell what surface you are on or when it changes.... You cannot tell when you are sliding (a judder effect is needed for this).

Come on.... You have done it before, there is no excuse.

At the moment this game is like a wedding cake without the icing on the top.

Look at Project Cars.... Or even Euro Truck Simulator ! Both are a lot more visceral and immersive as a result of basic 'feel'. Heck even canned effects would be better than nothing.

Edited by xGabe62x
  • Agree 2