MESSAGE TO CHRIS GROVES FROM ALL ... F1 MOBILE RACERS

Please see attached photos: The problem we have currently with F1 Mobile racing Isn’t the upcoming weekend events I’ve seen you recently posted and talked about ie to address corner cutting and other issues?

From my experience and many other users of the game If you look at one of the photos I was hit so hard from behind I became airborne, The No 1 main issues currently playing F1 Mobile Quote are your CRAZY !!!!

Preprogrammed kamikaze stunt drivers: Call them what you like ( Al cars Bot cars pla 22 cars ) Are ruining what should be a very enjoyable experience for alot of your paying and non customers. This problem should be addressed with Immediate affect there’s no point in doing random updates that have a shelf life of only a few weeks, the problems are there and they need to be addressed.

127A5808-45BB-4D8E-8A90-A1F8E17051A3.png

89415F6B-A1DC-4FA9-89E9-2D44B35AC203.png

FEEDD24F-6C67-4220-BF1E-A4531D76D252.png

0B768ED0-9EC5-4C0B-92BD-49D1AFB3995C.png

• Confused 1

Hello 🙂 

As I'm sure you know, we've had many conversations with players on all channels regarding the behaviour of both AI and opponents, to optimise your experience. We take the feedback and make changes and/or additions based on it; this is something we've done multiple times since launch to change the speed, behaviour and tendencies of AI, as well as tweaking the penalty/Safety Rating system to find a balance that rewards fair racers and deters unfair racers.

We know there's always more work to be done in this area and the team are intending on bringing more changes in Update 5, including improvements to AI behaviour and how penalties are handed out following collisions. Exact and perfect solutions to subjective topics like these are very difficult to find, but we'll continue to make these changes based on the feedback from all players across all channels, which we value massively.

Thank you 🙂 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe I'm weird but I find some of these entertaining, the graphics engine in the game is impressive 😎

A drone mode easter egg would be fun.

Heres a funny one from last night.  If you slow it down, it looks like the ferris wheel is floating in the sky 🤣

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello 🙂 

1. We take the feedback and make changes and/or additions based on it

2. We know there's always more work to be done in this area and the team are intending on bringing more changes in Update 5, including improvements to AI behaviour and how penalties are handed out following collisions. 

1. really now?

2. does this include making the AI tag team you into the wall?

• Agree 2

I posted this in another thread, but I feel it's worth copying here so that maybe Codemasters will see it and address this. 

It's badly out of hand.  I would REALLY like to buy the Ferrari livery but I'm not spending a dime on this title until something is done to make the experience enjoyable.  Codemasters, if I'm not mistaken, has built a game where progression MUST be done with multiplayer, which means that your fate is in the hands of the general public.  So, in the 2 days I've actually being playing this to advance I've seen:

1) At start of grid race, human opponent turns care 90 degrees across my nose, causing me to crash into him.  He turns and takes off into the lead while I'm handicapped by engine damage.

2) Opponent who was .7 seconds ahead, deciding to just straightline the final chicane at Spa with no penalties.  (Immediately leapt up to 2 second lead and finished that way - didn't slow at all from what I could see)

3) Car cuts me off and then immediately slams on the brakes, causing a collision.  He zooms off and I'm dealing with the dreaded engine light-up so I got penalized for his aggression.

4) I go to pass a slower human opponent,  He does the cop-car move of hitting the rear of the car in front of both of us, turning it sideways directly in front of it so I plow right into it while he sails off into the distance.

Is Codemasters SERIOUS about this?  Because I  won't take too much more of this before I just uninstall and walk away.  Please, either make a single-player progression or do something about this nonsense.  I agree that this is very hard to police.  I get it.  It's hard in the 'real world', too.  But if you can't get a handle on it, then you need to save this game for those of us who would like to progress through the game without being abused by 'racers' who are online exploiting your rules/physics/penalties to their advantage.  I'd happily work through a 'single player campaign' and just avoid these obnoxious duels.  They should be fun, but they are being utterly wrecked by bad gamers, and I'm losing the trophies and watching my 'safe rating' dive to where *I* look like a wreckless driver.  This is coming from someone who has been a hardcore racing sim guy for 25 years -- I know how to drive clean.

2 hours ago, RSMRX8 said:

I posted this in another thread, but I feel it's worth copying here so that maybe Codemasters will see it and address this. 

It's badly out of hand.  I would REALLY like to buy the Ferrari livery but I'm not spending a dime on this title until something is done to make the experience enjoyable.  Codemasters, if I'm not mistaken, has built a game where progression MUST be done with multiplayer, which means that your fate is in the hands of the general public.  So, in the 2 days I've actually being playing this to advance I've seen:

1) At start of grid race, human opponent turns care 90 degrees across my nose, causing me to crash into him.  He turns and takes off into the lead while I'm handicapped by engine damage.

2) Opponent who was .7 seconds ahead, deciding to just straightline the final chicane at Spa with no penalties.  (Immediately leapt up to 2 second lead and finished that way - didn't slow at all from what I could see)

3) Car cuts me off and then immediately slams on the brakes, causing a collision.  He zooms off and I'm dealing with the dreaded engine light-up so I got penalized for his aggression.

4) I go to pass a slower human opponent,  He does the cop-car move of hitting the rear of the car in front of both of us, turning it sideways directly in front of it so I plow right into it while he sails off into the distance.

Is Codemasters SERIOUS about this?  Because I  won't take too much more of this before I just uninstall and walk away.  Please, either make a single-player progression or do something about this nonsense.  I agree that this is very hard to police.  I get it.  It's hard in the 'real world', too.  But if you can't get a handle on it, then you need to save this game for those of us who would like to progress through the game without being abused by 'racers' who are online exploiting your rules/physics/penalties to their advantage.  I'd happily work through a 'single player campaign' and just avoid these obnoxious duels.  They should be fun, but they are being utterly wrecked by bad gamers, and I'm losing the trophies and watching my 'safe rating' dive to where *I* look like a wreckless driver.  This is coming from someone who has been a hardcore racing sim guy for 25 years -- I know how to drive clean.

leave while you can, it isnt worth it

for lots of us on the forums, we got to max trophies n just stopped playing pretty much

1 hour ago, WongYewXuan said:

leave while you can, it isnt worth it

for lots of us on the forums, we got to max trophies n just stopped playing pretty much

That's pretty discouraging.  That bad?  I used to play Real Racing 3 and eventually swore it off.  I'd rather pay a flat price and not have a company try to suck several times that price from me in in-app purchases.  Been playing Rush Rally 3 on my iPad.  But I really love  F1 and I don't hate the actual driving in this game.  But the competition, real or otherwise, is just ridiculous.

15 hours ago, RSMRX8 said:

That's pretty discouraging.  That bad?  I used to play Real Racing 3 and eventually swore it off.  I'd rather pay a flat price and not have a company try to suck several times that price from me in in-app purchases.  Been playing Rush Rally 3 on my iPad.  But I really love  F1 and I don't hate the actual driving in this game.  But the competition, real or otherwise, is just ridiculous.

this is worse than real racing 3

triggering you wise

On 4/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello 🙂 

As I'm sure you know, we've had many conversations with players on all channels regarding the behaviour of both AI and opponents, to optimise your experience. We take the feedback and make changes and/or additions based on it; this is something we've done multiple times since launch to change the speed, behaviour and tendencies of AI, as well as tweaking the penalty/Safety Rating system to find a balance that rewards fair racers and deters unfair racers.

We know there's always more work to be done in this area and the team are intending on bringing more changes in Update 5, including improvements to AI behaviour and how penalties are handed out following collisions. Exact and perfect solutions to subjective topics like these are very difficult to find, but we'll continue to make these changes based on the feedback from all players across all channels, which we value massively.

Thank you 🙂 

As a developer myself, I can understand that things aren't always as straightforward as users think ("just fix this already!"). And that's why I understand that perfectly policing crashes between players is not something that can be done to always generate the perfect results. However, there are a lot of very obvious situations that could be fixed quite easily and that would fix 80% of the problems seen by users. For instance:

• make bots have normal speed. They are ridiculously fast on the straights and they are honestly getting in the way of having a DUEL (a "duel" by definition is a match between just TWO opponents). Especially since the entire race is just one lap, having two crazy AI cars means it's impossible to drive the way you would normally drive in F1 (e.g. wait for passing opportunities as opposed to just going for it at every corner) and still hope to be able to catch your opponent.
  • bots should never ever behave like crazy players. I'm really not sure how they ended up programmed like this and how they passed any kind of testing. Every grid start on a track with a slow turn 1 (e.g. Bahrain, Monza, Spa etc) is just ridiculous. They have no notion of "there's no space here, brake", they just slam into me as I'm braking for the corner, they ram into the side of me and if I just stay wide and let them through, they completely miss the corner!! How is this normal behavior for the AI? An AI that isn't really in the fight for anything, since it doesn't matter if you finish 1st or 11th, as long as your opponent is behind you.
  • handle obvious impacts between players. I know some impacts are hard to judge automatically whos fault it was, but there are plenty of instances where it's really easy to notice the intentional manner in which one of the players hit the other:
    • steering into the other player while going on a straight
    • simply not braking and ramming into the player in front as he brakes for the corner
  • do not decrease SR for impact with the bots. Especially given their current agressive/insane nature. But even if that's fixed, as I was saying earlier, if you are 1-2 places behind your opponent, you're gonna have to take risks in overtaking the bots to get to find your actual opponent because you have just half a lap to do it. And I don't care if my opponent is overly aggressive towards AI players, I just care how he behaves when finding human players.
  • do not decrease SR for going outside the track. I find it really ridiculous to see my SR drop because I run wide and get on to the gravel. I already had my speed reduced by magic from 250kph to 40kph, I got an engine penalty, my opponent has already sailed into the distance. I had nothing to gain by it. It makes no sense to also drop the SR.
  • Agree 3

On 4/19/2019 at 5:19 PM, Ice2k said:

As a developer myself, I can understand that things aren't always as straightforward as users think ("just fix this already!"). And that's why I understand that perfectly policing crashes between players is not something that can be done to always generate the perfect results. However, there are a lot of very obvious situations that could be fixed quite easily and that would fix 80% of the problems seen by users. For instance:

• make bots have normal speed. They are ridiculously fast on the straights and they are honestly getting in the way of having a DUEL (a "duel" by definition is a match between just TWO opponents). Especially since the entire race is just one lap, having two crazy AI cars means it's impossible to drive the way you would normally drive in F1 (e.g. wait for passing opportunities as opposed to just going for it at every corner) and still hope to be able to catch your opponent.
  • bots should never ever behave like crazy players. I'm really not sure how they ended up programmed like this and how they passed any kind of testing. Every grid start on a track with a slow turn 1 (e.g. Bahrain, Monza, Spa etc) is just ridiculous. They have no notion of "there's no space here, brake", they just slam into me as I'm braking for the corner, they ram into the side of me and if I just stay wide and let them through, they completely miss the corner!! How is this normal behavior for the AI? An AI that isn't really in the fight for anything, since it doesn't matter if you finish 1st or 11th, as long as your opponent is behind you.
  • handle obvious impacts between players. I know some impacts are hard to judge automatically whos fault it was, but there are plenty of instances where it's really easy to notice the intentional manner in which one of the players hit the other:
    • steering into the other player while going on a straight
    • simply not braking and ramming into the player in front as he brakes for the corner
  • do not decrease SR for impact with the bots. Especially given their current agressive/insane nature. But even if that's fixed, as I was saying earlier, if you are 1-2 places behind your opponent, you're gonna have to take risks in overtaking the bots to get to find your actual opponent because you have just half a lap to do it. And I don't care if my opponent is overly aggressive towards AI players, I just care how he behaves when finding human players.
  • do not decrease SR for going outside the track. I find it really ridiculous to see my SR drop because I run wide and get on to the gravel. I already had my speed reduced by magic from 250kph to 40kph, I got an engine penalty, my opponent has already sailed into the distance. I had nothing to gain by it. It makes no sense to also drop the SR.

the thing is, at low trophy lvls, bots are SUPERRRRR PASSIVE, to the point that instead of being ridiculously fast, they are ridiculously slow. but at least they dont deliberately try to DNF you

so they already have the code needed to fix it at higher cup levels. so that is a literal copy paste of code, easy 1 min fix. but they dont do it, why?

all about the money

• Agree 1

The bot behavior is clearly dynamic.

For me the bot's have been relatively good when having a green SR level the past week.  They tend to move off line and allow a pass so I had some fun races.

Occasionally they just won't let you win by being super fast or other bot's blocking. It's best to lay back and not provoke an incident. I'm loosing more games to better drivers or my mistakes than due to bot's.  There have been races where the super fast bot gives up or crashes at the end allowing a win.

When a crasher pushes my SR into the red with multiple hits and forced corner cuts, things get more difficult.  Corner cut penalties seem to be more severe, takes 10-20 races to recover, which especially sucks if punted off or you go off to avoid contact.

SR value race to race seems to randomly change (or not change) but will eventually  trend up if your race clean. I wish there was at least an indicator when you do something to impact SR, + or -, to know when you are doing something the game thinks is right or wrong.

I also suspect connection quality may be a factor.  

But overall, at the best bot balance since I started playing the game.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

The bot behavior is clearly dynamic.

For me the bot's have been relatively good when having a green SR level the past week.  They tend to move off line and allow a pass so I had some fun races.

Occasionally they just won't let you win by being super fast or other bot's blocking. It's best to lay back and not provoke an incident. I'm loosing more games to better drivers or my mistakes than due to bot's.  There have been races where the super fast bot gives up or crashes at the end allowing a win.

When a crasher pushes my SR into the red with multiple hits and forced corner cuts, things get more difficult.  Corner cut penalties seem to be more severe, takes 10-20 races to recover, which especially sucks if punted off or you go off to avoid contact.

SR value race to race seems to randomly change (or not change) but will eventually  trend up if your race clean. I wish there was at least an indicator when you do something to impact SR, + or -, to know when you are doing something the game thinks is right or wrong.

I also suspect connection quality may be a factor.  

But overall, at the best bot balance since I started playing the game.

did you play from the start? before any tweaking, the bots were peaceful. absolutely perfect, like the singleplayer ones

Edited by WongYewXuan
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, WongYewXuan said:

did you play from the start? before any tweaking, the bots were peaceful. absolutely perfect, like the singleplayer ones

I started in Feb, shortly after they were completely insane, bouncing off walls, crashing into everything.

• Agree 1