Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2019 CONTROLLER AND WHEEL SUPPORT

Hello guys i want to point that the number of controllers and wheels supported on F1 2018 has rapidly increased but i think they need to change the system a bit. When you plug your controller or wheel the game recognizes it immediately, why is this bad you may ask. It is not bad because it is fast but i think they need to add a system like assetto corsa. For people who they dont have a famous or very good wheel for example the game recognizes the wheel as a controller and you understand that it is unplayable to play with a wheel and the car steers like you have a controller. On assetto corsa you can fully customize your wheel on your preferences and that is very good. I use Hori Apex Racing Wheel, i play on PC and the game recognizes the wheel as an xbox controller. On assetto corsa although i can set that i use a wheel and i set it how i want and i can play very well. Let me know guys if you have faced a problem like me and tell me also your thoughts.

Well, yes this will be a really good for users with wheels like you.
And also i hope that they wont remove the Logitech G27 😛

I agree, this will make it much easier, however the current system is fine and I don't see them changing anything. They will hopefully not remove any wheels/controllers already on the list and they should only be adding more.

I totally agree with you. I have a Logitech MOMO Racing and the game doesn't recognise it.. 60€ waisted..

What boggles me is that the game definitely recognizes a Logitech MOMO Racing wheel: It's name shows up in the controller configuration, and I can bind the pedals and wheels to the controls, but yet the game refuses to actually use those controls.

A steering wheel shouldn't need special support anyways. If Windows recognizes it and can calibrate it, you should be able to use it in a game, regardless of how old the wheel actually is!