My Team Questions.

I was wondering if anybody has got as far as fully upgrading and buying all the extra mechanics, in Dirt 1 if you had all the options upgrading the cars was very fast, 

I was wondering if this was the same in Dirt 2.0.

I only employed one extra mechanic. Is it true that if you fully upgrade the team the cars could be significantly faster? If true, I should start planning my schemes for wins.

By upgrading your crew, including co driver, you can get shorter rest penalties, cheaper and quicker repairs. I don't believe however that crew upgrades give a perform,ance increase. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

By upgrading your crew, including co driver, you can get shorter rest penalties, cheaper and quicker repairs. I don't believe however that crew upgrades give a perform,ance increase. 

its not a performance upgrade, its the ability to upgrade your cars faster, in dirt1 if you did career mode it took many many events to fully upgrade your car, if you had the full compliment of mechanics, it would take 2-3 stages to fully upgrade your car.

• Agree 1

Only the chief engineer influences how quickly you gain engine knowledge so make sure to max him out ASAP. The rest of the engineers just make repairing your car quicker during service stops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

some people weren't reading carefully. OP said, "in Dirt 1 if you had all the options upgrading the cars was very fast"

I have the max upgrades for both the chief engineer and the co-driver.

I think you will still need to drive about 15 stages or so to upgrade a car to max. I do not have the time to test this just at the moment, but I can give it a shot and tell you more precisely in km.

the other upgrade for the chief engineer is useful too - especially for adventurous (ie bad) drivers like me. without the upgrade, you often do not get the option to repair certain parts at service stations because he cannot "see" if they are damaged yet. then at a later service station, the chief engineer can finally "see" the damage, and the part is will take a long time to repair. with the upgrade, he will notice even a little bit of wear or damage at the earlier service station, so you can fix it earlier if you want to, and of course this takes less time.

upgrading the co-driver is highly recommended too, because if you go off the track or need to fix a puncture on the stage you get less of a penalty. when replacing a punture at the second-highest level of his upgrade, it is a 1:00 penalty. when you get the max. upgrade, it's 30 seconds!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, doyaneedthis said:

I was wondering if anybody has got as far as fully upgrading and buying all the extra mechanics, in Dirt 1 if you had all the options upgrading the cars was very fast, 

I was wondering if this was the same in Dirt 2.0.

No, in Dirt Rally 2 there is no way to upgrade their “knowledge” in terms of making upgrading the car quicker.

the engine upgrades are unlocked at the same rate regardless of whether you have 1 mechanic or a full roster of fully upgraded mechanics.

edit: the chief engineer does have the research knowledge skill which can be upgraded and that WILL reduce the mileage required to upgrade the engine, as  Ianism said above

Edited by Pieman99

6 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

No, in Dirt Rally 2 there is no way to upgrade their “knowledge” in terms of making upgrading the car quicker.

the engine upgrades are unlocked at the same rate regardless of whether you have 1 mechanic or a full roster of fully upgraded mechanics.

edit: the chief engineer does have the research knowledge skill which can be upgraded and that WILL reduce the mileage required to upgrade the engine, as  Ianism said above

Many thanks for the answer just seem like a ridiculous amount of credits to have a fully upgraded full team.

5 hours ago, doyaneedthis said:

Many thanks for the answer just seem like a ridiculous amount of credits to have a fully upgraded full team.

Yeah, to be honest once you’ve upgraded the co driver and the chief mechanic and got a couple of mechanics that is sufficient really, i wouldn't worry too much about the last slot or two, unless you have credits to burn.

you can’t even choose staff from a list like in dirt rally 1, the staff are predetermined. There are also no contracts this time either. It’s surprising that it is more shallow than dr1, which itself was fairly bare bones.

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

Yeah, to be honest once you’ve upgraded the co driver and the chief mechanic and got a couple of mechanics that is sufficient really, i wouldn't worry too much about the last slot or two, unless you have credits to burn.

you can’t even choose staff from a list like in dirt rally 1, the staff are predetermined. There are also no contracts this time either. It’s surprising that it is more shallow than dr1, which itself was fairly bare bones.

I found the contracts thing really annoying, and in the end I just never renewed anything. There should be more depth, but not in pointless renewals. I'd like an upgrade system similar to f1 where you can work on various aspects of your car, and also bring the risk of mechanical failure too.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

I found the contracts thing really annoying, and in the end I just never renewed anything. There should be more depth, but not in pointless renewals. I'd like an upgrade system similar to f1 where you can work on various aspects of your car, and also bring the risk of mechanical failure too.

Yeah i remember some people saying that the contracts were tiring, personally i didn’t mind it, but whichever side of the fence you sit on is neither here nor there really,  when they remove a feature they should replace it with something else, particularly when the mode was pretty bare bones as it was. The team rating from dr1 is also missing, it wasn’t exactly important i guess but something is better than nothing.

Dirt 4 built on the career of dr1, bith in terms of my team and the actual events, yet this the team segment of this game is even more basic than dr1, which people would have found pretty hard to believe if they knew that prior to release, as naturally you expect more with each iteration.

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Yeah i remember some people saying that the contracts were tiring, but when they remove a feature they should replace it with something else. Dirt 4 built on the career of dr1, bith in terms of my team and the actual events, yet this the team segment of this game is even more basic than dr1, which people would have found pretty hard to believe if they new that prior to release, as naturally you expect more with each iteration.

Definitely agree from the team management perspective, I was hoping for more car management, research and development etc, especially with the r5s. 

I personally prefer the linear event model compared to dirt 4s which I didn't like. And I think people including myself heavily requested a return to the dr1 model.

That said, I'd definitely want an f1 style mechanical wear and tear, and upgrade system implemented.

• Agree 1

hmmm actually, I preferred the team system in D4 over DR1. it was clearer, and easier to balance the skills of different mechanics. I also found the need to refresh contracts and stuff annoying (same for sponsors), but the whole thing of having to negotiate a bit (and having a staff member specifically for that) was cool, as was having the better ones take a bigger cut of your winnings.

this system is fine, honestly. I'd rather it was less barebones and maybe upgrades would to them be better if they were tied to distance driven with specific car types etc as well as credits, but whatever.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The way I see it, My Team should have all the gimmicks that Dirt 4 had, even more developed. Contracts, custom liveries, R&D, sponsors, finances etc. It is supposed to be about "my team" after all.

For those who just want to drive and not worry about micro managing, there is the free play mode.

Better yet, have three main game modes. My Team, for comprehensive team management, Driver career, for competitive driving without worrying about aforementioned stuff (you just get hired by a team of your choice), and fully customisable Free Play mode.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I personally was expecting a little more from the mechanics especially slot 4 and 5 where the cost is on par with a CEO of a fortune 500 company 🙂

• Agree 1

I must confess that I am wasn't that keen on the team side of things as it was implemented in D4, so I am glad to see the repeat contracts gone. If a livery editor (featuring sponsors) returns I hope the renewals will be axed there as well. 

I have only got as far as having three mechanics and was very surprised by the costs at recruiting a fourth. As others have said, the costs are the same as buying another R5 and I would sooner do that then spend money on the team.

The idea suggested by @danielofifi would obviously require a chunk of development time, but having a standalone mode more focused on team play would definitely be best for pleasing those who enjoy that side of things and mean that the career team could be simplified. At this point though, I would personally rather see CM concentrate on adding more stage and vehicle content before expanding the team stuff. 

• Agree 2

For me the stuff we have now for "My Team" is good enough. I don't need more stuff like we had in DiRT 4, which in my opinion, was annoying. Now you only have to hire some mechanics and train them to excel for every type of car (RWD, 4WD..). In fact, I only have three mechanics, but well trained, and they can do all the repairs in all services with no problems (if you don’t have any heavy impact).

Basic, but clearer and you don’t have to waste your time on that. I prefer to enjoy stages and cars, make a good set up for the next rally, and stuff like that, more related with the driving.

Posted (edited)

If you teach your crew (buy intelligence) then 2-3 longer stage is enough to fully upgrade any car.
You should pay only for it, no need to hire more mechanics...

ps. D4 mechanics, crew, staff etc hiring system was an unnecessary annoying,boring feature. Second worst thing in D4 with poor "Your stage" LOL

Edited by RallyLover19

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

If you teach your crew (buy intelligence) then 2-3 longer stage is enough to fully upgrade any car.
You should pay only for it, no need to hire more mechanics...

ps. D4 mechanics, crew, staff etc hiring system was an unnecessary annoying,boring feature. Second worst thing in D4 with poor "Your stage" LOL

they took it from Dirt Rally- the game many people around here seem to regard as Delivered From God, but improved on it.

by the way, adding LOL at the end of every comment doesn't make you funny 

tenor.gif

Edited by ianism

Posted (edited)

Hey all,

Please get back on topic and stop with the sniping. If you do not get back on topic I will close this thread. If you can't get on with someone, please add them to your ignore list. Also also, do not swear. 

Thanks,

Edit: Note, I've removed a number of off topic posts in this thread. 

Edited by Faya
Edit Note for removing posts

One thing that would be interesting is the ability of the team to make good base setup for each event. The more your team is developed, the better default setup you get. And showing the changes the team makes can be a rally car setup school.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, ianism said:

by the way, adding LOL at the end of every comment doesn't make you funny 

No, but adding a meme definitely does:

giphy.gif

Reposting as that post was deleted without real reason.  If this post is deleted than the above from Ianism should be as well.

Edit: not sure who swore in the other posts that were deleted, pretty sure it wasn't me.

Edited by bn880