Sign in to follow this  

announcement date?

I'm with Wynterdust. The press release last year stated that the game will be released "much" earlier in the year than the previous games. 2 months earlier doesn't seem to qualify as much, so I would assume they are planning to release it around the season start or somewhat later. 

And since Steve Hood always said that they need quite some time to get the cars representative in the game and the press release also spoke of adding content later on in the season via DLC, I would say they have content from 2014 and earlier in the game and then will add the 2015 cars into the game with the update.
“The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates,” Codemasters confirmed. 

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/07/31/codemasters-announce-f1-2014-earlier-new-gen-2015-title/

This does not qualify as "much" earlier... People are getting their hopes up too much about how early the game will come out but I'm happy to be wrong about it.

The official statement on the Codemasters page uses the specific words "much earlier".
http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2014-and-beyond-your-questions-answered/

"You’ll be hearing (and seeing!) a lot more about our new-gen F1 project once F1 2014 launches this October. 
 The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates.
We’re not yet ready to reveal everything about it yet, but we’ll have a lot more info to share once F1 2014 launches this October."

So 3 months later still no news... Come on @Hatta ... Or has the staff cutbacks at Codemasters affected things ?

Skye said:
"You’ll be hearing (and seeing!) a lot more about our new-gen F1 project once F1 2014 launches this October. 
 The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates.
We’re not yet ready to reveal everything about it yet, but we’ll have a lot more info to share once F1 2014 launches this October."

So 3 months later still no news... Come on @Hatta ... Or has the staff cutbacks at Codemasters affected things ?

I'd be surprised if it hasn't in one way or another

@Hatta

Funny isn't it, mention the new game, first reply, ask about a patch for F1 2014, ignored.

CM really need to sort out their customer service.

Tourgott said:
They never said it will be released "a lot earlier". They said "earlier". I'm pretty sure that changed with their new structure. I guess F1 2015 will be released in September.
"The game will launch much earlier in the Formula One season" http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2014-and-beyond-your-questions-answered/

Have CM even got a next gen (xbone/ps4) engine?Are there any screenshots from other games CM are currently working on?
Begining to think we won't see an F1 game this year especially with Steve Hood gone.
The silence out of CM is deafening.

booterboy said:
Have CM even got a next gen (xbone/ps4) engine?Are there any screenshots from other games CM are currently working on?
Begining to think we won't see an F1 game this year especially with Steve Hood gone.
The silence out of CM is deafening.
As it says in that blog post above: yes we have a shiny new engine making its debut with the next game :)

I don't know when we're going to start showing stuff off and talking about it, but we're all working hard to get to that point as soon as we can.

Thanks for the quick reply Britpoint.
This puts my conspiracy theory to bed lol.
Really hope F1 2015 is a huge improvement on 2014 in every way and restore the good name of CM.
Hope to see CM stay in the business for years to come.
Looking forward to info and screenies of 2015 in the coming weeks.

only some cars are shown in some news, but i dont think it wont be released until around about either before or VERY shortly after the season starts, collecting the data and visual effects and cars and drivers, also, Forum/Fans Suggestions and ideas that could be implemented, but also some people are a bit impatient i guess and saying that "they are going to release this game "earlier" -input expectation of release date- " i guess you can ask, but you cant demand, would rather a full game that has everything we could ask for and not have to add soo much dlc. (not that it hasnt been a huge dlc game in the past or anything) but i would rather wait for a good game, than missing things for an early released game.

They can't release it to late. As they said they are doing in season updates on performance and upgrades.
True it will problely be around April time, they have to wait to the season gets under way first to see how the drives face up to there new cars

If you can german...thats the reason why I did no source in, but here it is: http://f1-game.de/forum/news/4167-paul-jeals-antwort-auf-den-vermeintlichen-release/

Paul Jeal said that we can expect news at the end of february.

Dutch and german aren't that different. From what I understand did they confront Paul Jeal with rumors about a release date at the end of march, and he denied it, claiming that they won't be releasing 30 march and that they will first release some info around the end of february.

@Hatta will yous have the proper williams livery in this years game, with the red or do yous have the same problem as last year? 

JoeLee said:
@Hatta will yous have the proper williams livery in this years game, with the red or do yous have the same problem as last year? 
It wasn't the wrong livery. Williams did use this livery in several countries (such as Abu Dhabi) where promotion of alcohol is prohibited. Therefore, Williams were not allowed to use such livery and so did Codemasters (in order to receive the 3+ age rating).

Restricted said:
JoeLee said:
It wasn't the wrong livery. Williams did use this livery in several countries (such as Abu Dhabi) where promotion of alcohol is prohibited. Therefore, Williams were not allowed to use such livery and so did Codemasters (in order to receive the 3+ age rating).
yes but, the original livery is the one with the red, so I was just wondering if they'd try this year to have the red instead of having to compromise with another colour.

It's not up to CM whether or not they can use the red. It wasn't in 2014 so it's safe to assume it'll be the same in 2015. It would be like Williams trying to use the red stripe livery at races like Abu Dhabi. They're simply not allowed. The same reason that Ferrari had to change their livery so it looks less like the Marlboro branding.

It's not up to CM whether or not they can use the red. It wasn't in 2014 so it's safe to assume it'll be the same in 2015. It would be like Williams trying to use the red stripe livery at races like Abu Dhabi. They're simply not allowed. The same reason that Ferrari had to change their livery so it looks less like the Marlboro branding.
yes I know it's not their fault if they can't put it in for legal or contractual reasons, I was just simply asking whether or not it's going to be in this years game.

also, Red Bull has Singha Beer on their cars in the game, which also promoted alcohol, so Codies could have sorted something out with FOM in order to have the red stripes 

JoeLee said:
also, Red Bull has Singha Beer on their cars in the game, which also promoted alcohol, so Codies could have sorted something out with FOM in order to have the red stripes 
It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid... 

Sadly the entire Williams livery thing was out of our control (trust me, we tried). We're going to try again for F1 2015 but don't get your hopes up. 

Hatta said:
JoeLee said:
It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid... 

Sadly the entire Williams livery thing was out of our control (trust me, we tried). We're going to try again for F1 2015 but don't get your hopes up. 
that's fair enough, was just wondering :). hope yous can get it sorted for this year

JoeLee said:
except it was not the one they used in Bahrain and Adu Dhabi.The livery had the red , it just said RACING instead of Martini. Just nitpicking:)http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/will-bott-bahr-2014-6.jpg