Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

announcement date?

JoeLee said:
@Hatta will yous have the proper williams livery in this years game, with the red or do yous have the same problem as last year? 
It wasn't the wrong livery. Williams did use this livery in several countries (such as Abu Dhabi) where promotion of alcohol is prohibited. Therefore, Williams were not allowed to use such livery and so did Codemasters (in order to receive the 3+ age rating).
except it was not the one they used in Bahrain and Adu Dhabi.The livery had the red , it just said RACING instead of Martini. Just nitpicking:)http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/will-bott-bahr-2014-6.jpg
Actually, the livery they used in Abu Dhabi looked like this:
http://www.motorsport.com/all/photo/main-gallery/valtteri-bottas-williams-fw36-486/?a=459237:

Hatta said:
JoeLee said:
It's not up to CM whether or not they can use the red. It wasn't in 2014 so it's safe to assume it'll be the same in 2015. It would be like Williams trying to use the red stripe livery at races like Abu Dhabi. They're simply not allowed. The same reason that Ferrari had to change their livery so it looks less like the Marlboro branding.
also, Red Bull has Singha Beer on their cars in the game, which also promoted alcohol, so Codies could have sorted something out with FOM in order to have the red stripes 
It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid... 

Sadly the entire Williams livery thing was out of our control (trust me, we tried). We're going to try again for F1 2015 but don't get your hopes up. 

Should we get our hopes up for a patch for 14?

Should we get our hopes up for a response regardless?

My mistake.

giommino said:
When first news of F1 2015 for next-gen?  How long do you have to wait?
soon according to Lee Mather's Twitter page. 

Paul jeal who is the senior designer at codemasters said that they will be announcing f1 2015 @ the end of this month. Looking back at previous games I think will they announce the game on 25th or 26th February 

JoeLee said:
giommino said:
When first news of F1 2015 for next-gen?  How long do you have to wait?
soon according to Lee Mather's Twitter page. 
well we all know CM's definition of soon :p  But yeah would be nice to see some bits and pieces

LGS469 said:
Paul jeal who is the senior designer at codemasters said that they will be announcing f1 2015 @ the end of this month. Looking back at previous games I think will they announce the game on 25th or 26th February 
well Luke spring (community manager) has just confirmed to me on Twitter that there will be no news this or next week regarding F1 2015. 25th and 26th being next week, wherever you got the news, it looks like it wrong, unfortunately. 

Not so much wrong, just "outdated", I suspect.
guess we'll just have to wait and see, he may just be saying there's no news coming in the next week or so. 

JoeLee said:
in all honesty I can't see it coming out until June/July time as it gives them time to see the performance of the different cars.
yeah right... it will take them 5 months to plug in some numeric performance values, smh.

In reality the true competitive order of the grid can be seen by the spanish gp. after that they can sit down and type in 'donwforce: 94/100, tyre wear: 67/100' for mercedes and repeat for the other teams. NOT a 5 month task.

What's quite funny is that you think that it is that easy, if it was that easy then Codemasters would have a game released tomorrow morning and Project CARS would also be out in the morning so think before you talk because you just put a very stupid comment on the Internet and sorry if I oeffended you but I felt I had to post this

@Hatta Luke, any chance of a demo or an open beta this year, or is that a no again?

FOM/the teams & codemasters really need to hurry with the announcement and some pictures/gameplay -.-

JoeLee said:
FOM/the teams & codemasters really need to hurry with the announcement and some pictures/gameplay -.-
It's clear the game isn't ready to be launched... not a surprise though. I guess it will come halfway through the F1 season.

What's the time scale codemasters use from announcement to release....is it a standard period of time 

About 3 months.

I don't think we'll get an announcement this week, either.

JoeLee said:
It's clear the game isn't ready to be launched... not a surprise though. I guess it will come halfway through the F1 season.
yeah no doubt it won't be ready to be launched yet but they can still announce it or give us some information

I'd be shocked if they don't announce the game this week. With project cars delayed until may, f1 2015 will be released in June maybe july

At least they probably won't need to postpone the game. They've been working on it at least since 2012. 

The last f1 game I brought was 2013, I missed 2014 because of the the next gen change over...because I did not have the disappointment of 2014 , I'm looking forward to the next f1 game...like the buzz when f1 2010 was coming out....I'm not a fan of CM but hay better to F1 game than no f1 game. Hopefully a good game this time...fix the Framerate I'm 90% happy

It will be announced before the end of the year. Soon. Storm. Cooking. Something.