Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

announcement date?

mmpaw37 said:

In fact, I will go out on a limb here and bet my house on it, that the game will not be released at least until June...but that's my assumption...and I have been told I've been 'wrong' before.

I'm not asking when it'll be out, I'm simply asking when we'll hear some news on it, I'm not expecting it to be out until June/July 

well they said they would announce details after 2014 was released and didn't so why do people still take everything anyone says from codies as gospel truth. they aint exactly got the best track record. and to be fair to mmpaw37 they did say "early season release with continued updates throughout the season"

everyone may have a different interpretation about this but to me it should be within the first 5 races of the season.

I really wish they would release more screenshots it's the start of the season and I do remember them releasing F1 2010 screenshots in mid May or June. (With the first game coming out that September) if their was a delay in the game I wouldn't personally mind, if it meant fixing or tweaking last minute details within the game. Just a bit of honesty is what we are looking for.

As I'm glad they mentioned digital updates for next/current gen last year, if 2014 cars with 2015 hybrids is to be within the game their is no reason why they can't release teaser shots of the game with the cars. In my personal opinion I think the licensing has been ever more restricted. Or simply the sales team absolutely stinks.

Is it not that a pattern that the game is released close to the end of the year?  

For someone who repeatedly insists they aren't getting the game and constantly says what we might be thinking (you don't need to say it all of the time),mmpaw37 does post a lot. It's actually annoying seeing more or less the same thing from the same person.

And that thread where they said they (mmpaw37)  had some source and the announcement was definitely soon or whatever,  that was embarrassing. The majority of us want information as soon as possible but certain people are just a chore.

Face it guys, CM gave up on F1. That's why Steve Hood left CM. They will fulfill their contract with FOM (which ends 2015 I believe) by throwing out a half baked game and hoping to make some cash and that's it.

if cm did give up after 2015 who would you like to see make the game?

If the rumors are correct, Microsoft will pickup the license and Playground Games will develop the game (possibly collaborating with Turn 10). Playground Games has many former employees of Codemasters, Bizarre, Criterion, Ubisoft, Slightly Mad, Studio Liverpool etc. They've made Forza Horizon and Forza Horizon 2. Turn 10 is responsible for the Forza Motorsport series. 

Sector4 said:

if cm did give up after 2015 who would you like to see make the game?

If the rumors are correct, Microsoft will pickup the license and Playground Games will develop the game (possibly collaborating with Turn 10). Playground Games has many former employees of Codemasters, Bizarre, Criterion, Ubisoft, Slightly Mad, Studio Liverpool etc. They've made Forza Horizon and Forza Horizon 2. Turn 10 is responsible for the Forza Motorsport series. 
Would be cool but then we would have to get a Xbone to play it.

Here's my opinion for what its worth:

2014 was full of games being released half finished.  The game industry as a whole has taken a hit to their reputation.  Companies are trying to rectify this by polishing games prior to release, which means delays.  Added to this the inferred corporate shake up at Codemasters, and you have a game that is behind schedule.  Not only that, but a direct competitor, Project Cars, is releasing in May (after several delays) which may cause a marketing problem.

You hear it on tv and on the many f1 forums people dropping intrest in it because of one team dominating, that's been the case for many years, Williams, Ferrari, red bull, now its somebody elses turn, Mercedes are now having a turn, in x amount of years it'll be somebody else that's the way F1 seems to be.

automa said:

You hear it on tv and on the many f1 forums people dropping intrest in it because of one team dominating, that's been the case for many years, Williams, Ferrari, red bull, now its somebody elses turn, Mercedes are now having a turn, in x amount of years it'll be somebody else that's the way F1 seems to be.

The difference is that despite Red Bull dominating (they never dominated like Mercedes does for two years now by the way) there was always a chance for the other teams to catch up (due to a clever idea like the F-Duct e.g.). But now we know that Mercedes will win 90% of the races - at least.

But a much bigger problem is the engine. The V6 is lacking everything Formula 1 stood for. Power, speed, noise, sound. The new cars look and sound like toys.

Tourgott said:
But a much bigger problem is the engine. The V6 is lacking everything Formula 1 stood for. Power, speed, noise, sound. The new cars look and sound like toys.
Okay first of all 1. The V6 f1 cars have a lot more power in terms of torque. 2. and they are quicker in a straight line then the V8 engines, if you watched the melbourne Grand Prix last weekend ted kravits said that he has never seen a F1 car reach 326kms on the main straight, so i disagree with you saying the power and speed is 'not formula one', and noise and sound are the same thing, yeah they are quieter but this year they are a bit louder, i was at the melbourne GP last year and this year and i can say comparing videos i took this years cars are slightly louder

Tourgott said:
Okay first of all 1. The V6 f1 cars have a lot more power in terms of torque. 2. and they are quicker in a straight line then the V8 engines, if you watched the melbourne Grand Prix last weekend ted kravits said that he has never seen a F1 car reach 326kms on the main straight, so i disagree with you saying the power and speed is 'not formula one', and noise and sound are the same thing, yeah they are quieter but this year they are a bit louder, i was at the melbourne GP last year and this year and i can say comparing videos i took this years cars are slightly louder
Just because they are 20 km/h faster on the straight does not make them sound faster. To the average viewer who has no idea about all these technical stuff, they sound like a loan mower and not like a powerful race engine. That is what counts. Nothing else.

Tourgott said:
Tourgott said:
Just because they are 20 km/h faster on the straight does not make them sound faster. To the average viewer who has no idea about all these technical stuff, they sound like a loan mower and not like a powerful race engine. That is what counts. Nothing else.
You read me wrong, i said they are faster in terms of 'power and speed' which you said they were slower, and i then said yeah they are quieter then the V8 and V10 f1 cars

I agree mmpaw37, it used to be a mans sport, now its for little boys with big bank balances. it says a lot when nascar/indycar is more exciting than an f1 race.

on another note, the extra 20kmph could also be explained because of the lack of downforce generated by these cars, less resistance so faster speeds.

When F1 2014 was announced, I was pissed. "Yes, finally a next gen F1 game for my new PS4... wait, what?" But then I thought that the idea of releasing the future games early in the season was a genius move. If someone had told me that we wouldn't get an announcement before the end of the year, I would have laughed. Now we aren't probably going to get an announcement before April. Let that sink in.

Tourgott said:
automa said:

The difference is that despite Red Bull dominating (they never dominated like Mercedes does for two years now by the way) there was always a chance for the other teams to catch up (due to a clever idea like the F-Duct e.g.). But now we know that Mercedes will win 90% of the races - at least.

So we restrict Mercedes because the best of the rest have'nt applied themselves aswell. the difference between red bull's dominance is they bent the rules mercedes is in the power unit, all seems ok to me.

automa said:
Tourgott said:
automa said:

So we restrict Mercedes because the best of the rest have'nt applied themselves aswell. the difference between red bull's dominance is they bent the rules mercedes is in the power unit, all seems ok to me.
Never said that. The FIA rules were completely messed up from the beginning. F1 pays the price for it now.

March 24th

Still no news. Im starting to think it was all in my imagination. Staff at Codemasters are dropping like flies, will we ever get this game? Ive resorted to playing F1 2014 on the Playstation 3. If you don't take the easy option and divebomb onto the first corner, but instead go around the outside of turn 1 you dont gain 10 places and it makes the game abit more realistic. Im sure CM are worried about releasing a game with as many bugs as the previous installments. It may take them sometime how to figure out how to get the AI to not brake hard when challenging for a corner or performing an overtake. Im predicting an August release.